Check your account email address ×

Wheelers

Just now, smokin george said:

I'm not sure what the deal is with jeeps but there's trails for them here. 

Those would be private trails or old road allowances.

Not part of the organized ATV trail systems. 

There may be the odd multi use trails that allow jeeps but they are few and far in between.

16 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Most trails near my camp, a small 4x4 is all you need. My wife won’t ride in a SXS unless the weather is perfect and the dust isn’t bad. By the time you enclose,heat,and air a SxS . You mine as well just stick with the Jeep. When I’m retired and can use a SXS more,I will own one. Right now,I would be lucky to put on 500 miles a year.

Because I just recently bought the RZR, and most trails are still a little bit damp, I'm not sure what all might be needed for dust abatement, but folks who ride with us have SXS's and most get real dusty inside and on the riders, however none have the rear window which I just installed a couple days ago on mine, now yesterday when I went riding on the Forest Roads 1 Route was very dried out/dusty and I could see the dust in my mirrors behind the machine, BUT none came into the cab, so apparently that worked, I do have a full front windshield which can be opened 2/3's..time will tell if anything else might be needed.

22 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Those would be private trails or old road allowances.

Not part of the organized ATV trail systems. 

There may be the odd multi use trails that allow jeeps but they are few and far in between.

We CAN ride Jeeps/Trucks and whatever on all the Forest Routes/Roads, just not on the Trail Systems.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Because I just recently bought the RZR, and most trails are still a little bit damp, I'm not sure what all might be needed for dust abatement, but folks who ride with us have SXS's and most get real dusty inside and on the riders, however none have the rear window which I just installed a couple days ago on mine, now yesterday when I went riding on the Forest Roads 1 Route was very dried out/dusty and I could see the dust in my mirrors behind the machine, BUT none came into the cab, so apparently that worked, I do have a full front windshield which can be opened 2/3's..time will tell if anything else might be needed.

We only have what they call the 1/2 windshield ( 8" tall) and the rear plastic windshield. We've been on some pretty dry fire roads and will wear dust masks

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

We CAN ride Jeeps/Trucks and whatever on all the Forest Routes/Roads, just not on the Trail Systems.

Basically the same here. Jeeps/trucks would totally destroy the ATV trails in wet spots and most trails are gated too narrow for jeeps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We only have what they call the 1/2 windshield ( 8" tall) and the rear plastic windshield. We've been on some pretty dry fire roads and will wear dust masks

Yup, mine also came with that low windshield, was too cold for us this time of year, so the folding windshield went on,, btw it takes less than 20 seconds to remove the whole thing, no bolts.

Edited by XCR1250

I 've had a half windwhield in my last 3 SxS's.  In colder temps we have an electric blanket we can cover with that plugs into the 12V outlet.  On dusty trails like all WI trails dust will always get in but I've heard the rear window is the fix for that.  It doesn't bother me personally.  We're out wheeling, we're most likely going to get dirty.

RZR900.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I 've had a half windwhield in my last 3 SxS's.  In colder temps we have an electric blanket we can cover with that plugs into the 12V outlet.  On dusty trails like all WI trails dust will always get in but I've heard the rear window is the fix for that.  It doesn't bother me personally.  We're out wheeling, we're most likely going to get dirty.

RZR900.jpg

The wife picked up an elec blanket as well. I bought the trunk lid cover and all the stuff stays nice and dry. I'm gonna buy the portable bbq at Costco for our lakeside trail stops.

20200412_094301.jpg

41 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Basically the same here. Jeeps/trucks would totally destroy the ATV trails in wet spots and most trails are gated too narrow for jeeps.

The gates here are 50" and haven't been changed yet. They are talking about going to a 64" opening from what they said but that won't be good for the 72" sxs"s. They left them open last season.

Bought a new wheeler right before the shutdown.  2019 Honda Rancher 420 with EPS and automatic transmission.  Nice bike for working and should be ok for some trail riding too.  Wanted something that would last me 20 years of working hard around the house.  The bigger bikes are a pain to get on and off and also tear the shit out of my lawn.

Have about 65 miles on it now just running around my property and down the gravel roads.  Ordered some oil and filters for the 100 mile initial change and that wont be here for another week or two so I need to watch how many miles I put on it.

Plan to trail ride it some so I need to get a winch put on it in the next few weeks.  There are a couple areas in southeast Minnesota and then a couple rides in the Hayward area planned to.  MN North shore will have snow another month with the way things are looking so maybe head up there in the early summer.

IMG_20200326_172058.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Bought a new wheeler right before the shutdown.  2019 Honda Rancher 420 with EPS and automatic transmission.  Nice bike for working and should be ok for some trail riding too.  Wanted something that would last me 20 years of working hard around the house.  The bigger bikes are a pain to get on and off and also tear the shit out of my lawn.

Have about 65 miles on it now just running around my property and down the gravel roads.  Ordered some oil and filters for the 100 mile initial change and that wont be here for another week or two so I need to watch how many miles I put on it.

Plan to trail ride it some so I need to get a winch put on it in the next few weeks.  There are a couple areas in southeast Minnesota and then a couple rides in the Hayward area planned to.  MN North shore will have snow another month with the way things are looking so maybe head up there in the early summer.

IMG_20200326_172058.jpg

Let me know when you're in the Hayward area, maybe go for a ride..we ride The Tuscobia quite a bit..

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

IMG_20200326_172058.jpg

Hondas run forever. 

11 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

We ride right from my home, the roads are all Routes here.

It kind of sucks.  If we had trails to ride them on around here, we'd probably have a pair.  Have to trailer pretty much 3 hours 1 way to get to decent trails in the Park Rapids area, or out of state to WI.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

It kind of sucks.  If we had trails to ride them on around here, we'd probably have a pair.  Have to trailer pretty much 3 hours 1 way to get to decent trails in the Park Rapids area, or out of state to WI.

Yeah, I wouldn't own any if I had to trailer all the time..however we do trailer from here to Tuscobia just to save a couple hours a day riding time, even though the trails go from my home to Tuscobia it would take an extra hour or more each way to get there and back.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't own any if I had to trailer all the time..however we do trailer from here to Tuscobia just to save a couple hours a day riding time, even though the trails go from my home to Tuscobia it would take an extra hour or more each way to get there and back.

Funny that we think nothing of loading up and driving 7 hours 1 way to race or ride, yet trailering a couple hours for a 4 wheeler is too much.  Just too much going on in the summer for my family, I guess.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Hondas run forever. 

That was the hope.  My other atv is a 88 Honda Fourtrax 300 2x4.  Just can't kill that thing.  Made it pretty easy to know what I wanted with a new one when the old one treated us so well over the years.  I actually have still been using it even though I have the new one.  Going to change the oil and adjust the valves when my parts get here.  In the 20 years we have owned it the valves have never been touched so it is getting a little noisy!

38 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Let me know when you're in the Hayward area, maybe go for a ride..we ride The Tuscobia quite a bit..

Will let you know.  Buddy has a cabin on Sand Lake so plan on doing some rides around there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

no get in to the summer you will have grit in your teath . I have a back window also makes a bit if a diff but I have never been in a clean SXS . it is the worst thing about them by far.  well that and the heat 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

no get in to the summer you will have grit in your teath . I have a back window also makes a bit if a diff but I have never been in a clean SXS . it is the worst thing about them by far.  well that and the heat 

Guy that owns the bar down the road just bought a completely enclosed Ranger, has heat, air conditioning, front & rear cameras, Sirus Radio/regular radio, built in GPS, Bluetooth, and cell phone. Around $30,000 

52 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

IMG_20200326_172058.jpg

you deff don't need to get all the way to Hayward.  we will run up to Danbury and dump off there . you don't get to support single moms at Phipps but the trails are good 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have seen several SXS's which have 2 small fans blowing dust away from the operators/riders, I should ask how that works..

We got dusty riding our regular ATV's, I assume this might be less dusty, we'll see in a week or so.