Check your account email address ×

Hear what Barack Obama said in 2014 about pandemics

Spot on!!

During a 2014 speech, then-President Barack Obama warned about the need for the US to cast aside partisan differences to prepare for an upcoming pandemic.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Spot on!!

During a 2014 speech, then-President Barack Obama warned about the need for the US to cast aside partisan differences to prepare for an upcoming pandemic.

Great.....then he refused to restock the SNS.   

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/health/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/2941039001/

The article draws from the reporting of outlets including Bloomberg News and the Los Angeles Times. According to Bloomberg News, “after the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/los-angeles-times-and-bloomberg-news-federal-stockpile-of-n95-masks-was-depleted-under-obama-and-never-restocked

Los Angeles Times and Bloomberg News: Federal stockpile of N95 masks was depleted under Obama and never restocked

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Great.....then he refused to restock the SNS.   

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/health/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/2941039001/

The article draws from the reporting of outlets including Bloomberg News and the Los Angeles Times. According to Bloomberg News, “after the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, which triggered a nationwide shortage of masks and caused a 2- to 3-year backlog orders for the N95 variety, the stockpile distributed about three-quarters of its inventory and didn’t build back the supply.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/los-angeles-times-and-bloomberg-news-federal-stockpile-of-n95-masks-was-depleted-under-obama-and-never-restocked

Los Angeles Times and Bloomberg News: Federal stockpile of N95 masks was depleted under Obama and never restocked

Translation: Obama wanted to prepare for potential pandemic and republicans in congress blocked it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Anler said:

Translation: Obama wanted to prepare for potential pandemic and republicans in congress blocked it. 

Link?

Dude they are all guilty (Including Trump) going back past Bush Sr.   This includes all state gov.'s.   

A widely cited USA Today fact-check, which found that the Obama administration had allowed the N95 mask stockpile to deplete, has become a flashpoint in that increasingly murky and numbers-heavy debate.

In its fiscal 2011 budget, submitted in early 2010, the Obama administration explicitly sought a reduction in the SNS: "CDC requests $523,533,000 for the Strategic National Stockpile in FY 2011, a decrease of $72,216,000 below the FY 2010 Omnibus," the budget request reads.

The Obama administration also sought a $47.572 million cut to the stockpile in fiscal 2013, a $38.190 million cut to the stockpile in fiscal 2014, and a smaller drop of at least several million dollars in fiscal 2015.

Trump counters that the Obama-Biden administration left his own with "empty cupboards."

A PolitiFact analysis notes that while the inventory was not actually bare, there still was not enough to handle the coronavirus pandemic, particularly when it came to N95 masks depleted in the wake of H1N1.

Recalling the budget battles of the prior administration, the analysis notes stockpile funding dropped to its lowest level in 2013 -- about $477 million -- but those levels have steadily grown since, including under Trump.

Additionally, Biden has claimed that Trump himself successfully slashed the CDC budget, and Biden has suggested that he would never pursue similar cuts. The Associated Press has noted that those claims "distort" the facts, with FactCheck.org pointing out that CDC funding has actually increased under the current administration

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Link?

Dude they are all guilty (Including Trump) going back past Bush Sr.   This includes all state gov.'s.   

Why would he say that and then draw down stock piles? The president doesnt do that, congress has to fund that stuff. Same with the states. I know why Illinois didnt do it because they have NO MONEY. And Indiana didnt do it because Pence told Jesus to protect us like he did with the HIV outbreak when he was governor. :lol: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Yeah I don't think so.  :lol:  Worst president of my lifetime, and HE GONE.

I think we are seeing the 2nd worst of all time right now. 1st place will always be Dubya. :bc: 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why would he say that and then draw down stock piles? The president doesnt do that, congress has to fund that stuff. Same with the states. I know why Illinois didnt do it because they have NO MONEY. And Indiana didnt do it because Pence told Jesus to protect us like he did with the HIV outbreak when he was governor. :lol: 

Again...provide a link it was the GOP blocking funding.   I posted an article about the Obama admin granting a company a huge contract on ventilators.   Said company was purchased by another and couldn't deliver and the Obama admin didn't then go somewhere else.   They had the funding.  

For people complaining about supporting Trump sure have a hard time getting their tongue out of Obama's asshole. :lol:  

Years later, after prototypes were developed, Newport was bought out by Covidien in 2012, and the project ground to a halt. By 2014, Covidien wanted out of the contract, former federal officials told the Times, and the government agreed to cancel it. A year later, Covidien was purchased by Medtronic, which told the Times that the ventilators Newport was developing would not have been usable on newborns and would have fallen short of the government’s requirements.

The government entered into a new contract with Philips in 2014, and finally ordered 10,000 ventilators in December 2019, with delivery expected later this year.

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Spot on!!

yet he didn;t put on his leader cap and make it happen.  That is Obamas biggest failure,  he was well spoken and respectful yet was a terrible leader.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I think we are seeing the 2nd worst of all time right now. 1st place will always be Dubya. :bc: 

Obviously I disagree.   First president ever to actually confront some of the rot in Washington.  Not in anyone's back pocket.  He's obnoxious, not a gifted speaker, but I'll take it any day of the week over what the DNC is putting forth these days  :bc:  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Again...provide a link it was the GOP blocking funding.   I posted an article about the Obama admin granting a company a huge contract on ventilators.   Said company was purchased by another and couldn't deliver and the Obama admin didn't then go somewhere else.   They had the funding.  

john boehner politics GIF

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why did Obama say many things and not deliver.   You're better than this dude....don't be so naive.  

You can keep your doctor ring a bell?   Get out of the wars ring a bell?   Close Gitmo ring a bell?  

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Jared has a side business.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Obviously I disagree.   First president ever to actually confront some of the rot in Washington.  Not in anyone's back pocket.  He's obnoxious, not a gifted speaker, but I'll take it any day of the week over what the DNC is putting forth these days  :bc:  

dude you are out of your mind. Trumps admin was as full of swamp things as much as anyones. The indictments and sentencings should have been an indication of that :lol: 

And I am not here to defend the DNC so you'll have to go to MC for that :bc: