Check your account email address ×

2021 Sled of the Year

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The idea of it is good for me if I could get it with the winder motor. I just am never going to be comfortable on the chassis

That's it with the majority of the people that don't like the PC.  

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So why not ride a 340 fanner.....I wouldn’t even ride sleds if I had to ride shit like you just described 

It's all about the speed from 30-70 and back down to 30  the whole ride on most of the trails on the north shore.  Clutching and suspension set up matter more than hp.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's it with the majority of the people that don't like the PC.  

It's all about the speed from 30-70 and back down to 30  the whole ride on most of the trails on the north shore.  Clutching and suspension set up matter more than hp.

I get that....I was brutally bored riding the nsst. Just not enough high speed stuff to keep me interested 

Just now, f7ben said:

I get that....I was brutally bored riding the nsst. Just not enough high speed stuff to keep me interested 

It depends what section, some have some straights but, for the most part, it's about an active ride.  If you or your sled aren't set up for it...it turns into a tourist type ride perfect for the family.  Fuck that shit.  

We all gotta roll with what get's our own rocks off.  :bc:

Just now, Zambroski said:

It depends what section, some have some straights but, for the most part, it's about an active ride.  If you or your sled aren't set up for it...it turns into a tourist type ride perfect for the family.  Fuck that shit.  

We all gotta roll with what get's our own rocks off.  :bc:

I was on the 850 and it was fun for a bit but the grooming was poor and the trail was mashed potatoes. Rode from silver bay to grand marais

Just now, f7ben said:

I was on the 850 and it was fun for a bit but the grooming was poor and the trail was mashed potatoes. Rode from silver bay to grand marais

It's best to try and change the mindset..if you can.  Ride as hard and fast as you can for 7-9 miles then stop and relax a bit and laugh.  Then, when your hands stop shaking, GIv'r again!  Repeat.  

You should seriously consider joining one of the "Brisk rides" next year.  It's a good jaunt...not race speeds but you'll get left behind if you start watching trees.  The one I was gonna do was right before I toasted my sled so...oh well.  :wall:   But it went right up by your area and back down to Duluth.  You could have jumped in somewhere in the middle just to test the water.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's best to try and change the mindset..if you can.  Ride as hard and fast as you can for 7-9 miles then stop and relax a bit and laugh.  Then, when your hands stop shaking, GIv'r again!  Repeat.  

You should seriously consider joining one of the "Brisk rides" next year.  It's a good jaunt...not race speeds but you'll get left behind if you start watching trees.  The one I was gonna do was right before I toasted my sled so...oh well.  :wall:   But it went right up by your area and back down to Duluth.  You could have jumped in somewhere in the middle just to test the water.

I know I gotta make one here some time

That’s a bad pic for sure.  I had to do a double take.  

Mine grew on me like most sleds I own do. I loved it and would own another one.....I did not however for one second ever think it was pleasing to the eye in any way :lol:

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Mine grew on me like most sleds I own do. I loved it and would own another one.....I did not however for one second ever think it was pleasing to the eye in any way :lol:

It’s not that bad, I’d rather have an ugly doo then a pretty cat. Jmo

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What’s weird is, most sleds seem to have at least one ugly angle no matter the brand.  And even then, it’s never as bad in person as it is in the pic.  

• Like 1

Just now, thewayout said:

It’s not that bad, I’d rather have an ugly doo then a pretty cat. Jmo

For sure....looks rank way down the list on things I look for in a sled. The procross is a beautiful looking machine. It’s does nothing past that though 

• Like 1

What’s weird is, most sleds seem to have at least one ugly angle no matter the brand.  And even then, it’s never as bad in person as it is in the pic.  

I think the pc is one of the best looking sleds ever made. When I got my brand new anniversary edition 2012 cat turbo in the garage I had a fucking boner 24/7

That’s true. I was lazy and snapped a quick pic after the final wash for the year. :lol: 

Just now, f7ben said:

I think the pc is one of the best looking sleds ever made. When I got my brand new anniversary edition 2012 cat turbo in the garage I had a fucking boner 24/7

Oh, it’s a sexy machine for sure.  What’s weird is, I never really cared for the side profile pic and the new ones look terrible in side profile pics.  Best front pic By far though.  Just looks mean.  Doos look like a wimpy queer and Poo, while not bad, looks like a space wave runner with skis.

"GregB" from HCS nailed it with this post.

Just watched 30 seconds of it and quit when I saw the sleds they were using. Could they at least use sleds from the same class that are equipped the same? My guess without watching it. Cat riot was surprisingly good on the trails but the rest were better. The Yamaha has all the power you need to beat your buddies on Kevlar lake but was heavy in the trails. The doo XRS is on the harsh side but it is geared for the ultimate performance in the ditch. The Polaris was just right with a plush ride and great trail manners. winner Polaris
  • Haha 1

2017:  SKS 800

2018:  Switchback Assault 800

2019:  Renegade 900 turbo

2020:  Backcountry 850

Put at least 2000 miles on the first 3 and 500 on the last one.  We're splitting hairs here folks.  Any notion that one sled is "superior" over another is silly.  If there is one sled that stands out, is the Ski Doo turbo.  My Back Country and Assault were the most comparable, give the nod to the BC off trail, Assault on trail.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

"GregB" from HCS nailed it with this post.

Just watched 30 seconds of it and quit when I saw the sleds they were using. Could they at least use sleds from the same class that are equipped the same? My guess without watching it. Cat riot was surprisingly good on the trails but the rest were better. The Yamaha has all the power you need to beat your buddies on Kevlar lake but was heavy in the trails. The doo XRS is on the harsh side but it is geared for the ultimate performance in the ditch. The Polaris was just right with a plush ride and great trail manners. winner Polaris

They should have been using the RR not the riot 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

They should have been using the RR not the riot 

I think they did one year, or one of the rags did.  They seriously said it was a great machine but couldn’t be softened enough to be considered a reasonable choice for a trail sled even with shocks set to full soft.  A choice only for the most serious ditch bangers.:lol:

Faggots.  My god.