Check your account email address ×

Hospitals Tell Doctors They’ll Be Fired If They Speak Out About Lack of Gear

I’m not reading the article but I would imagine it’s policy not to allow employees to give interviews, unless authorized.  No matter what the topic. 

Edited by Doos
  • Like 1

Just now, bussman said:

No worries Moto, corporate medicine would never lie to us, I read that here there is no need to question them. Screw those pesky doctor snitches. :bc: 

Doctors and nurses will probably be the last people that would voluntarily walk out, but they won't have a choice if they start getting infected due to a lack of PPE. The virus will do it for them.

Just now, jtssrx said:

I’m sure it’s Trumps fault

No one mentioned that but your kneejerk defense of Trump is noted. You can't abide anything that may even remotely reflect badly upon your orange God.

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, bussman said:

No worries Moto, corporate medicine would never lie to us, I read that here there is no need to question them. Screw those pesky doctor snitches. :bc: 

Yet in another breath you say  this is overblown and anybody that buys into it is a stooge...make up your mind.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I’m sure it’s Trumps fault

Fuck you idiot... you are surrounded by dying people and still insist there is nothing to see. 

4 minutes ago, Doos said:

I’m not reading the article but I would imagine it’s policy not to allow employees to give interviews, unless authorized.  No matter what the topic. 

"I won't read the article but here's a hot take based entirely upon my ignorance"

:lol:

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

If I were a doctor and told that I would not show up for work there again. 

Time to pack up and move on. 

That will be hard to do because a lot have a sense of duty to not abandon the patients.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

That will be hard to do because a lot have a sense of duty to not abandon the patients.

Yet they will be fired if they speak out about the lack of supplies. Like I said, if I were threatened like that I would walk. No need to fire me. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yet they will be fired if they speak out about the lack of supplies. Like I said, if I were threatened like that I would walk. No need to fire me. 

There aren't many employers that allow employees to speak to the media with immunity.  I get it in this situation with workers not having the supplies they need to do their jobs safely.  I just wonder how widespread it actually is.  Would be nice if the hospitals, governments, and politicians would be honest with what is going on.

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No one mentioned that but your kneejerk defense of Trump is noted. You can't abide anything that may even remotely reflect badly upon your orange God.

I’m not defending him I’m mocking you 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It'd be better if they did speak out and were fired. I'd call the hospitals bluff. They'll immediately get a job somewhere else. 

How you gonna fire a doctor during a pandemic? 

12 minutes ago, Doos said:

Pretty standard not to cause harm to your organization.  However, these are bizarre times.  I see both sides here.  Let’s not keep spreading panic but, we should shine some light on the inept ability to handle this.

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

If we continue down this road, we’re gonna start seeing healthcare workers walking out.  Dumping this all on them isn’t fair....and for any of us to think they are obligated to endanger themselves and family beyond resasoable expectations is absurd.

When hey start walking....gonna get interesting.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yet in another breath you say  this is overblown and anybody that buys into it is a stooge...make up your mind.

No, I said that anybody that blindly believes everything the media says or can’t see the fear pedaling is a stooge. I’d take more time learning how to comprehend things if I were you instead of prematurely jumping to conclusions and biting ankles. You wouldn’t look as emotionally stupid here. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bussman said:

No, I said that anybody that blindly believes everything the media says or can’t see the fear pedaling is a stooge. I’d take more time learning how to comprehend things if I were you instead of prematurely jumping to conclusions and biting ankles. You wouldn’t look as emotionally stupid here. 

Many can’t change who they are.  Panic and hysteria come first in their minds....and that’s what they spread.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Pretty standard not to cause harm to your organization.  However, these are bizarre times.  I see both sides here.  Let’s not keep spreading panic but, we should shine some light on the inept ability to handle this.

Of course, but I think especially during these times you don’t want just anyone spreading doom and gloom to the media. Nurse Judy could very well be a misinformed dolt, or maybe she is a terrific nurse that is exhausted, emotional, and at her wits end. Either way leave the press releases to the folks responsible for them. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Doos said:

Of course, but I think especially during these times you don’t want just anyone spreading doom and gloom to the media. Nurse Judy could very well be a misinformed dolt, or maybe she is a terrific nurse that is exhausted, emotional, and at her wits end. Either way leave the press releases to the folks responsible for them. 

Exactly

6 minutes ago, Doos said:

Agreed.  And you know the media is looking for the most retarded, negative Nelly they can get on tape to further the hysteria.

53 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It'd be better if they did speak out and were fired. I'd call the hospitals bluff. They'll immediately get a job somewhere else. 

How you gonna fire a doctor during a pandemic? 

Yep exactly.