Check your account email address ×

Discouraging Numbers

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't give a fuck what you need or don't need...TBH I think you're a fucking head case trying to masquerade as an enlightened intellectual assigning false positions to others so you can act superior....it's fucking worn out and weird.

Holy mountain of irony Batman. And yet you keep getting threatened by things I say. You’re a fraud who the biggest person he’s fooled is himself. Don’t like what I have to say, ignore it. 

But you can’t. Because of your doubt. Own it, stop being a pussy about it. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I think buss really doesn't know which 'facts' to base reality upon and I think it changes daily. I think a lot of people are the same way. It's really just a side effect from being lied to by all the institutions you're supposed to trust. 

If they lied all the time, it'd be much easier to tell truth from lies. The trouble is that sometimes, they tell the truth. Not all of it, of course, but enough. 

And then you wind up not knowing what to believe or when or how much.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is yet another inherent flaw in a capitalist system. Lies make money. Lies with a little truth sprinkled in make more.

Lot a truth to that. :bc: 

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Holy mountain of irony Batman. And yet you keep getting threatened by things I say. You’re a fraud who the biggest person he’s fooled is himself. Don’t like what I have to say, ignore it. 

But you can’t. Because of your doubt. Own it, stop being a pussy about it. 

Jim can't ignore anything.  Its his mission in life to respond to it all.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s more of all the patriotic dogma and propaganda Bussman was jammed full of now being something he acknowledges but can’t deal with properly. Instead of rejecting the system fully and realizing he was lied to at every step he’s thrown himself into this strange world of alt right Christian conspiracy laden lunacy because it offers him something that can never be disproven.....of course it will never be proven either. It’s horrifying to watch this happen to someone who was likely close to the only place sane men living in reality can end up.....apathy for the system and a focus on individuality and happiness 

Spoken like somebody riddled with doubt and uncertainty and unable to admit it. Rejecting everything is throwing out the baby with the bath water. You are lazy and undisciplined, that’s why your only option is to do that. If I need to find truth in bits I will do so, you will forever be lost going down your road. 

Edited by bussman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

Spoken like somebody riddled with doubt and uncertainty and unable to admit it. Rejecting everything is throwing out the baby with the bath water. You are lazy and undisciplined, that’s why your only option is to do that. If I need to find truth in bits I will do so, you will forever be lost going down your road. 

There is no such thing as truth....only someone’s perception of it. Nihilism is much closer to reality than any of us know or care to know. There are no white hats dude....get over it

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Everyone has to go their own way. I feel it's much quicker and clearer to decide it's all fucked and then examine everything a piece at a time to figure out what isn't. 

My conclusion? It's 98-99% fucked. :lol:

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Everyone has to go their own way. I feel it's much quicker and clearer to decide it's all fucked and then examine everything a piece at a time to figure out what isn't. 

My conclusion? It's 98-99% fucked. :lol:

Taking a completely different path I think I’ve concluded the same. :lol: 

Maybe I’m just different in trying to enjoy or focus on the other 1-2% :bc: 

3 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

what's the scourging to me is how many people are willing to accept the worst case scenario over and over and over again without ever even doing a little checking of the bright side of things

what is this bright side you speak of again? 

this new reality we find ourselves in isn't going away any time soon. 

8 minutes ago, bussman said:

He resents in others everything he is. What a sad existence. 

just because someone rejects your fringe positions doesn't mean one is 'riddled with self doubt' or trying to fool themselves. Your pattern of repeatedly projecting these feelings onto others suggest they are yours more than anyone elses

• Thanks 1

Just now, frenchy said:

just because someone rejects your fringe positions doesn't mean one is 'riddled with self doubt' or trying to fool themselves. Your pattern of repeatedly projecting these feelings onto others suggest they are yours more than anyone elses

I put opinions out there initially as my own as a counterpoint not even commenting on the original. Then the pile on begins. Then I respond in kind. Yes, there is a pattern there. I literally don’t care if anybody rejects any position or opinion I have. To do it being an asshole or ridiculing says everything about them, not me. 

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Yup, this is going to alter human behavior forever. It'll be interesting to see in which ways. 

Some people want to hang on to the pre-lockdown 'normal', but it'll never be like that again. I think that's where this irrational optimism comes from. Change is hard.

4 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Bussmelon just wrapped another piece of tinfoil around his head & is now peering out of the closed blinds looking for the black helo's that are going to be hovering soon...

No, I live life entirely the opposite. But hey, maybe like all the other truly “enlightened” people here you know more about others than they do themselves. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Yup, this is going to alter human behavior forever. It'll be interesting to see in which ways. 

Some people want to hang on to the pre-lockdown 'normal', but it'll never be like that again. I think that's where this irrational optimism comes from. Change is hard.

Can you not see how this could all or somewhat be contrived? History has done this before over and over and been factually proven after the fact. Not saying it has to be, but not watching for it objectively isn’t smart. 

4 minutes ago, bussman said:

No, I live life entirely the opposite. But hey, maybe like all the other truly “enlightened” people here you know more about others than they do themselves. 

You are sounding like a menopausal woman...

8 minutes ago, bussman said:

Can you not see how this could all or somewhat be contrived? History has done this before over and over and been factually proven after the fact. Not saying it has to be, but not watching for it objectively isn’t smart. 

It's too big to be contrived. 

7 minutes ago, bussman said:

Well then you have poor listening skills, maybe work on that. :bc: 

The whole thing is set up to protect the health care system/workers imo.

If we forge on with how contagious this is ...they wouldn't have a chance.

Everybody is sacrificing. But if govt abuses power - civil war time.

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It's too big to be contrived. 

I understand seeing it that way and most likely that’s logically correct. I personally don’t think the origins of this aren’t at least capable of being contrived. 

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

The whole thing is set up to protect the health care system/workers imo.

If we forge on with how contagious this is ...they wouldn't have a chance.

Everybody is sacrificing. But if govt abuses power - civil war time.

I don’t disagree with bring proactive and safe. Me not trusting media or government is separate from that. The scenario dictates even if this was a complete fraud we have no true way of knowing that at this moment so following these rules are a must. That’s why my huge disdain for media, government, corporate, organized religion lying. In times like these anybody that knows they lie can’t trust any of it. So prepare for the worst, hope for the best I guess. 

Do you people seriously think a country, media and industry is capable of starting wars based on lies but not a pandemic? Millions more alone will have died in Mideast wars the past 20 years compared to this thing. Think about it at least.