Check your account email address ×

NMU Logic

• Platinum Contributing Member

Classes have all gone online at NMU but the residence halls are still open as some students are still staying there. The school just sent out an email saying  students who move out of the dorms by April 3rd will get an 820 dollar credit....the problem is that under the Governors order my daughter  technically shouldn't be driving to Marquette to get the rest of her stuff and move out...hmmmmmm.....

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Classes have all gone online at NMU but the residence halls are still open as some students are still staying there. The school just sent out an email saying  students who move out of the dorms by April 3rd will get an 820 dollar credit....the problem is that under the Governors order my daughter  technically shouldn't be driving to Marquette to get the rest of her stuff and move out...hmmmmmm.....

Its a 4 hr drive. Go up and get her stuff and bring it home. File to get your money back. 

Seems pretty simple to me. 

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Its a 4 hr drive. Go up and get her stuff and bring it home. File to get your money back. 

It is pretty simple except for the Governors Order...jus sayin. I just find their timing suspect with Michigan and surrounding states on lock down until at least the 13th....good way for them to limit refunds.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It is pretty simple except for the Governors Order...jus sayin.

Roger. I get that. Just keep an eye on things and at the next opportunity head up and grab her stuff. 

Or contact the school and let them know your contract has ended and you will get your property when its legal to travel again. End your contract with the school ASAP. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Roger. I get that. Just keep an eye on things and at the next opportunity head up and grab her stuff. 

Or contact the school and let them know your contract has ended and you will get your property when its legal to travel again. End your contract with the school ASAP. 

Yah...sounds like a good idea. I'm bored and just spit balling ideas. Obviously uncharted waters for everybody. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yah...sounds like a good idea. I'm bored and just spit balling ideas. Obviously uncharted waters for everybody. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, what is there?  $400 worth of Ikea crap that you don't want at your house. 

Run the numbers. May be better to just leave it. 

8 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

yup.    I ran to OH last week to get my daughters stuff as out by Friday they got a refund.  My son moved his stuff out Sunday from UNH and out by the 30th they get one.  

8 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

On the other hand, what is there?  $400 worth of Ikea crap that you don't want at your house. 

Run the numbers. May be better to just leave it. 

funny you say that,  if my daughters school cancelled a day earlier I'd have driven there in the mustang which would have saved me 14 hours and i'd have just trashed the TV and shelves which were worth a few hundred and thrown all her stuff in garbage backs stuffed in the car with a couple boxes shipped back.  

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup.    I ran to OH last week to get my daughters stuff as out by Friday they got a refund.  My son moved his stuff out Sunday from UNH and out by the 30th they get one.  

But you see my point right....They put a date on it that is before the order from The Governor expires not to mention if a bunch of parents and kids show  up now you have people in close proximity trying to move shit out...jus sayin. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

But you see my point right....They put a date on it that is before the order from The Governor expires not to mention if a bunch of parents and kids show  up now you have people in close proximity trying to move shit out...jus sayin. 

oh i get it,  it's a freaking game the schools playing.  I would not expect there to be many people there.  We saw 3 people moving from my daughters dorm,  my son said there was hardly anyone around when he did his.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Jim, you can drive up there and get her stuff. Travel in the state isn't banned. They aren't going to do anything to you. My buddy just went to Western to get his son's stuff 

Right on! :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right on! :thumbsup:

They just don't want people going out of state (unless it's for essential work) , and coming back here. And out of staters coming here.  My in-laws , and my brother and his family are all going to their up N places to get away from it.  They're better off up there away from Wayne Oakland and Macomb counties, which are the 3 worst in the state.  

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

6 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Albany St did the same thing, went to online classes but left the dorms open. My niece is still there for now. 

Same at my daughters school.  Dorms are still open through end of the class year but, are giving refunds for those that are out early since no classes.  I moved my daughter out Monday.  What a PAI.  How the fuck did she collect so much bullshit in such a short period of time?  She’s got her mother in her for sure.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Same at my daughters school.  Dorms are still open through end of the class year but, are giving refunds for those that are out early since no classes.  I moved my daughter out Monday.  What a PAI.  How the fuck did she collect so much bullshit in such a short period of time?  She’s got her mother in her for sure.

Alfred University forced my nephew out buy Sunday and they are online only now.

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dude, just go get her shit and be done with it.  

We will but it's fucking stupid all things considered....they are trying to stop the spread of this shit and now there will be kids and parents driving from counties with high rates of infection through areas that don't all the way to Marquette. It's just another example of confusion and conflicting plans.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

My son is in a condo so he’s staying in Madison. None of his roommates are there so he’s got the place to himself. I wonder how long he’ll last before he wants to come home. 

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We will but it's fucking stupid all things considered....they are trying to stop the spread of this shit and now there will be kids and parents driving from counties with high rates of infection through areas that don't all the way to Marquette. It's just another example of confusion and conflicting plans.

I'd be going tonight if I were you. Less people around to be in contact with. 

23 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My son is in a condo so he’s staying in Madison. None of his roommates are there so he’s got the place to himself. I wonder how long he’ll last before he wants to come home. 

As long as he stays in the condo by himself, he should be fine.  He needs to cool for himself too.  Supposedly someone around here(19 & Hayes)  has it that works at a McDonald's. We haven't been out to eat in weeks. 

19 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

As long as he stays in the condo by himself, he should be fine.  He needs to cool for himself too.  Supposedly someone around here(19 & Hayes)  has it that works at a McDonald's. We haven't been out to eat in weeks. 

Cooking is one of the reasons he wants to stay. He’s on that keto diet and went from 270 to 220 and wants to stick with it. He actually looks great. He beefed up for O line in HS and really needed to lose weight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:  i was in and out in less than an hour with my daughter.  filled 3 rubbermaid totes,  some garbage bags and tossed the tv on top.  

14 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Cooking is one of the reasons he wants to stay. He’s on that keto diet and went from 270 to 220 and wants to stick with it. He actually looks great. He beefed up for O line in HS and really needed to lose weight.

Then he should be fine 👍🏼