Check your account email address ×

$2000 to lower income Americans.

• Platinum Contributing Member

If I get it Ill take it but in all reality they would be stupid to give it to me. My wife is still working and getting paid . My season will start next week and I will be working. 

Those working from home don't need it. Their income will remain the same and their travel to work costs will disappear.

Use UI for those that are losing their incomes . The rest will take care of it self. The sooner we get passed this , the less that's necessary.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Makes no difference, the outrage would be HUUGE here,.

Are you fucking blind or simply being wilfully ignorant?  Look around you, the outrage shown towards Trump is currently unprecedented and has been since the election. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Controlled correctly, this will be short term. No need for corperate welfare.

And that's a possibility, I simply don't have any insider info to know one way or the other.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

And that's a possibility, I simply don't have any insider info to know one way or the other.

If your a $300 million company and cant handle a month off, your not running it right, or were on deaths doorstep before this shit happened.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Controlled correctly, this will be short term. No need for corperate welfare.

If you have satelite radio turn on channel 112 CNBC. The world is coming unglued and the word "depression" is dominating the conversations. At this point I dont think anyting is guaranteed by means of a recovery. Companies are losing millions of dollars a day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

If you have satelite radio turn on channel 112 CNBC. The world is coming unglued and the word "depression" is dominating the conversations. At this point I dont think anyting is guaranteed by means of a recovery. Companies are losing millions of dollars a day. 

Of course they are. And those same companies make millions a day during good times. THis is a virus and stoppage of most financial activity. That activity will resume in 7-8 weeks.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Of course they are. And those same companies make millions a day during good times. THis is a virus and stoppage of most financial activity. That activity will resume in 7-8 weeks.

Hopefully. Like I said nothing is guaranteed right now

• Like 1

This will set us up for dangerous way more American's look at the govt than even before.

In this case the focus at most should be on those losing their job not just a across the board check to everyone or by income.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No it hasn't.   Lots of people still working.   Lots of economic activity is still going on.   Has it shifted from say "entertainment" to staple goods...yes, but there is still a large majority of economic activity going on. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

This will set us up for dangerous way more American's look at the govt than even before.

In this case the focus at most should be on those losing their job not just a across the board check to everyone or by income.

I feel like this would be better utilized thru unemployment benefits. And people who work for cash or whatever can apply for emergency assistance thru UI

• Thanks 2

Just now, Anler said:

Hopefully. Like I said nothing is guaranteed right now

No , it isn't. I see the severe medical side of this and the financial impact it will have. I just don't see it as a long term financial thing like 08. Yet they are running around throwing money at it before it is even needed. 

Kinda like getting an 8 ball for st patty's day. Then realizing it's only a tuesday night.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

No it hasn't.   Lots of people still working.   Lots of economic activity is still going on.   Has it shifted from say "entertainment" to staple goods...yes, but there is still a large majority of economic activity going on. 

Correct, as I stated in another thread. Those working from home are still earning , and their costs have gone down.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I feel like this would be better utilized thru unemployment benefits. And people who work for cash or whatever can apply for emergency assistance thru UI

Agreed.   I don't approve of whats being discussed.   I understand why but I'd prefer other ways. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Correct, as I stated in another thread. Those working from home are still earning , and their costs have gone down.

For most of us it MIGHT not be any impact.   For some industries they will see gains however short lived (consumer staples, food).   For some industries (entertainment/travel) its going to be devastating.  Almost to zero.    Hard to fathom going strong to zero in a matter of a few weeks with ZERO way of anticipating it. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

So what. The simple fact is this. The virus will pass and society goes back to shopping as a hobby.

• Like 1