Check your account email address ×

What was that thread with all the Trump stock market cheer leading called?

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

He loaned me 50 grand when I was 21.  I paid him off in a couple of years.  
I guess my folks weren’t rich like 1250’s. If I read him right he got 5 grand when he was 6 and another 5 grand when he was 14.  Small town US could have bought two houses for that in those days. 

At 22 I bought my first house with 50k down, at 23 I bought my second with 25k down,at 25 I bought my third with 25k down.  Never borrowed a cent from my parents. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

At 22 I bought my first house with 50k down, at 23 I bought my second with 25k down,at 25 I bought my third with 25k down.  Never borrowed a cent from my parents. 

That’s nice. I could have gone that route but this worked out well. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I didn’t have the luxury of a father. So if a 21 year has a dad that’s willing to step up and give their kid a hand, what’s wrong with that? As long as the kid has gratitude and pays it back, what’s the big deal? I know damn few 21 year olds that are willing to accept the responsibility of home ownership. I think that your simply being a piece of shit over this.  

What happened to your dad, mine was disabled by the time I was two, so he was actually a drain on mom who carried the ball.  

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How does that math work? You are an engineer no? So assuming you graduated university at 21 with zero debt you saved $50k in one year? 

27 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yup. I save half and he loaned me the rest.  Life was easy back then. I built it for less than 100 grand and then put an 80 grand addition on years later.  Who Would have thought it would be worth well over a million more so quickly?  

what’s your place worth?  You still owe the bank for it?

I paid 200k for my unit back in 2003 and it's now worth over 800k, who would have figured, it's all clear.

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

How does that math work? You are an engineer no? So assuming you graduated university at 21 with zero debt you saved $50k in one year? 

I saved 30k and had 20k in savings prior.  My parents paid for my education.:bc:

Oh Frenchy, that was just my portion, my bro also had the same, so we ended up putting down well over 50% down.:bc:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I saved 30k and had 20k in savings prior.  My parents paid for my education.:bc:

Oh Frenchy, that was just my portion, my bro also had the same, so we ended up putting down well over 50% down.:bc:

Italian birthday money? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

I thought that was a wedding thing?  I have a feeling we all get our Guido knowledge from Hollywood.  Lolll

My Italian buddies growing up always got at least a grand for their bdays. Some parents would put it in an account and then get them a Z/28 or Mustang GT with it at 16 or 17. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

My Italian buddies growing up always got at least a grand for their bdays. Some parents would put it in an account and then get them a Z/28 or Mustang GT with it at 16 or 17. :lol: 

Frenchy, I got a Mustang gt  5.0l as a gift cause I picked UofT vs Waterloo engineering.  :bc:

32 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not really, they just never took anything from us.

Ok maybe 5k was gifts.:lol:

Paid for university and 5 grand in gifts.  
another self made man speaks out. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

One better.

My wife had a pick of a jeep Wrangler or her master's  in science excursion in Naples.

Guess who regrets.:lol:

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pretty sure I can call myself that with pride.

Yeah, anyone can pull themselves up by their own boot straps with paid for education and a free car.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

One better.

My wife had a pick of a jeep Wrangler or her master's  in science excursion in Naples.

Guess who regrets.:lol:

She’s Italian too I’m assuming? What you net on the wedding? :lol: 

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

What’s it worth?  Oops.

None of your business.  Or anybody else’s. You are the one that needs validation.....sorry your lies aren’t getting you that.  But, you are getting all the attention you deserve so...there you go!

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

50k.

Sweet mother!  Fucking olive oil business is good, ya?

B2F3685A-4AE3-429F-8268-C9FA9A7473ED.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

None of your business.  Or anybody else’s. You are the one that needs validation.....sorry your lies aren’t getting you that.  But, you are getting all the attention you deserve so...there you go!

Sweet mother!  Fucking olive oil business is good, ya?

B2F3685A-4AE3-429F-8268-C9FA9A7473ED.gif

Yes it is, we are still together closer than ever and now she gives me 50k to invest every year.:bc: