Check your account email address ×

WHO says coronavirus death rate is 3.4% globally, higher than previously thought

I’m sure the infectious disease experts here have an alternative factoid. :lol: 

World health officials said Tuesday the mortality rate for COVID-19 is 3.4% globally, higher than previous estimates of about 2%.

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a press briefing at the agency’s headquarters in Geneva. In comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected, he said.

The World Health Organization had said last week that the mortality rate of COVID-19 can differ, ranging from 0.7% to up to 4%, depending on the quality of the health-care system where it’s treated. Early in the outbreak, scientists had concluded the death rate was around 2.3%.

During a press briefing Monday, WHO officials said they don’t know how COVID-19 behaves, saying it’s not like influenza. They added that while much is known about the seasonal flu, such as how it’s transmitted and what treatments work to suppress the disease, that same information is still in question when it comes to the coronavirus.

106418751-drtedrosadhanomghebreyesus.jpg?v=1583132601&w=750&h=422

“This is a unique virus, with unique features. This virus is not influenza,” Tedros said Monday. “We are in uncharted territory.”

Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of WHO’s health emergencies program, said Monday that the coronavirus isn’t transmitting the same exact way as the flu and health officials have been given a “glimmer, a chink of light” that the virus could be contained. 

“Here we have a disease for which we have no vaccine, no treatment, we don’t fully understand transmission, we don’t fully understand case mortality, but what we have been genuinely heartened by is that unlike influenza, where countries have fought back, where they’ve put in place strong measures, we’ve remarkably seen that the virus is suppressed,” Ryan said.

106413608-contagion1.jpg?v=1582815280&w=750&h=422

I read today that several people with Covid19 have self medicated with high doses of vitamin C. Like 10g’s per day. They recovered quickly with little problems. 

I sometimes self medicate with Vitamin C. If I ever feel a slight cold or just the beginnings of a cold or fever I immediately begin pounding V-C. I start with 10g’s and go up from there if i dont see immediate results. Ive gone as high as 20g’s before but it rarely takes that much. 

When I was employed and others around me started coming down with symptoms I would go right to 10g’s per day until I was no longer around sick people. 

some people think thats excessive but 10grams of V-C is not all that much really. 

In addition to 10-20g’s of V-C i would eat at least  6 oranges and 4 grapefruit per day. At least 10 citrus fruits per day. 

IMO high doses of V-C is the miracle cure for many airborn infectious disease.   

i rarely drank Emergen C or any of those packet type vitamin C drinks. 

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

In addition to 10-20g’s of V-C i would eat at least  6 oranges and 4 grapefruit per day. At least 10 citrus fruits per day. 

IMO high doses of V-C is the miracle cure for many airborn infectious disease.   

i rarely drank Emergen C or any of those packet type vitamin C drinks. 

Your body can only absorb a fixed amount of vitamin c. You were just flushing the excess 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Your body can only absorb a fixed amount of vitamin c. You were just flushing the excess 

that number the body can absorb is pretty high though.    I do vitamin C with a shit ton of water when i start feeling sick and usually it blows out quickly.  

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Chinese doctors are now fighting Covid-19 with 24 grams of Vitamin C per day with very positive results.  Typical recovery time is 1 week. 

I have been using large quantities of V-C for 40 years. As I said above, 10grams/day is my starting point. I rarely have to go much above that. I pound vitamin C when others around me get sick. 

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Chinese doctors are now fighting Covid-19 with 24 grams of Vitamin C per day with very positive results.  Typical recovery time is 1 week. 

I have been using large quantities of V-C for 40 years. As I said above, 10grams/day is my starting point. I rarely have to go much above that. I pound vitamin C when others around me get sick. 

That’s 10x more that your body can absorb. The rest is turned into some type of acid and simply shit out lol

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That’s 10x more that your body can absorb. The rest is turned into some type of acid and simply shit out lol

Why is it working for the Chinese who have contacted Covid-19?  

Based on my personal experience and you being wrong about just about everything I will stick with my method of avoiding illness as opposed to your opinion.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Vit C in juice or??

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

Vit C in juice or??

I take 500 or 1000mg tablets. They are small about the size of an aspirin. 

I also eat a lot of oranges and grapefruit. Peeling and all if others around me are sick. I love orange and grapefruit peels. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I take 500 or 1000mg tablets. They are small about the size of an aspirin. 

I also eat a lot of oranges and grapefruit. Peeling and all if others around me are sick. I love orange and grapefruit peels. 

I bet you eat whole bananas without chewing!!!

I read an article comparing the corona with the flu.  Pretty similar except kids aren't affected by corona.  In China, the numbers are very skewed as the majority of men are smokers and the virus is an upper respiratory virus and is much worse on smokers.  The numbers don't include people who get it and just get the sniffles and such.  They don't get medical attention and are not counted in the totals.  The real issue they have with this virus is that they don't want it to get a foothold where it will be another seasonal virus like the flu.

12 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I read today that several people with Covid19 have self medicated with high doses of vitamin C. Like 10g’s per day. They recovered quickly with little problems. 

I sometimes self medicate with Vitamin C. If I ever feel a slight cold or just the beginnings of a cold or fever I immediately begin pounding V-C. I start with 10g’s and go up from there if i dont see immediate results. Ive gone as high as 20g’s before but it rarely takes that much. 

When I was employed and others around me started coming down with symptoms I would go right to 10g’s per day until I was no longer around sick people. 

some people think thats excessive but 10grams of V-C is not all that much really. 

Chinks are using Forsythia to treat their butthole flu strains including coronavirus

image.png.3340a489b91b5cee8916299f6dd543f0.png

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Its called expensive pee. You have to space it out dont just eat a bottle of VC in one time! 

image.png

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why is it working for the Chinese who have contacted Covid-19?  

Based on my personal experience and you being wrong about just about everything I will stick with my method of avoiding illness as opposed to your opinion.  

Is it working. Where’s the scientific and repeatable proof? Sorry, I don’t believe it.