Check your account email address ×

Everybody ready?

f7ben

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Ben, it's been only a week.  So far it's a correction driven by fear.  Nothing is settled.

X has been beaten down for 2 years. I’ve been watching steel stocks for 10 years.

I only own 500 shares now and I’m thinking of adding another 10k

I just took a position in IBM.  I like the dividend and dividend growth.  I think I'm in at a point of support.  Their P/E is not excessive.  I think their capabilities around AI and Analytics as well as their chip business is their growth opportunities.

I also like Walmart WMT, I wish I would have gotten in last week when they were $105 ish.  Only people who can compete with Amazon on 3rd party selling.

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Damn , I should be the financial advisor and woolie can be the elctrician

I would have saved his client trillions of dollars !!  

Ben, the only role a financial adviser should be doing is finding their clients quality long term investments with a risk level that matches what the clients are able to withstand.   You can do this research yourself as they just pick from what they are given,  it's not really complicated.  The problem is when they think they can carry the ball themselves and start picking stocks themselves (actually its from a flavor of the month list) with zero long term record,  just to save MER fees,  the end result is to severely underachieve the major market indexes over the long term.  I pay my adviser 0.7% for a fee based account of which most of my wealth he has no access to.

On the bold, you would be sued here if you did that for a client and you would be personally liable.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Ben, the only role a financial adviser should be doing is finding their clients quality long term investments with a risk level that matches what the clients are able to withstand.   You can do this research yourself as they just pick what from what they are given,  it's not really complicated.  The problem is when they think they can carry the ball themselves and start picking stocks themselves (actually its from a flavor of the month list) with zero long term record,  just to save MER fees,  the end result is to severely underachieve the major market indexes over the long term.  I pay my adviser 0.7% for a fee based account of which most of my wealth he has no access to.

On the bold, you would be sued here if you did that for a client and you would be personally liable.

:lol: you got PWND

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How so?

Let me know when you stop buying cobbled up used crap cause it no longer makes sense.

Oh ....poor cry ass queef

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You got a long road ahead of you bud.

Oh for sure.... I mean it’s tough to bare the burden of calling you ball gargling Trumpers out on your bullshit

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Damn , I should be the financial advisor and woolie can be the elctrician

I would have saved his client trillions of dollars !!  

Except he is a licenced advisor and you are not a licensed electrician so you FAIL again :lol2:fucking clown