Check your account email address ×

Trump Is Furious at CDC for Spooking Stock Market With Coronavirus Updates

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

There goes my Nitro for this year. Well actually, there goes a 42' fountain and a new Vette, and a cabin up-country. Oh well. :wtf:

I told you to go shopping a month ago . But nooooo

11 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

There goes my Nitro for this year. Well actually, there goes a 42' fountain and a new Vette, and a cabin up-country. Oh well. :wtf:

:lol:  

rcfountain.jpg

Edited by Highmark

Another year with my 12' Aluminum boat, steering my 15 Honda from the handle!! 

Steering from a handle!!!! 

OMG!!! I should be THUNDER IDLING a 2000 HP Beak through the channel at the Weirs, and now I'm gonna' be in my 12 footer, hoping we don't tip over!!!   :lmao::lmao::lmao:

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

OMG!!! I should be THUNDER IDLING a 2000 HP Beak through the channel at the Weirs, and now I'm gonna' be in my 12 footer, hoping we don't tip over!!!   :lmao::lmao::lmao:

That there is proof of how full of shit you are.   On top of that the fact that Fountain's suck.   :lol:   If your gonna lie at least lie about a good boat like DCB.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

That there is proof of how full of shit you are.   On top of that the fact that Fountain's suck.   :lol:   If your gonna lie at least lie about a good boat like DCB.  

STFU!! DCB s are big out west, on Havasu. I've never seen or heard of one around here. 

The DCB Widebody 35 is a 170 MPH boat, but would not be too great around here. 

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Do you have a seat with a backrest? I cant do more then an hr or 2 with then stupid bench seat.

8 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

STFU!! DCB s are big out west, on Havasu. I've never seen or heard of one around here. 

The DCB Widebody 35 is a 170 MPH boat, but would not be too great around here. 

Is Reggie still involved with Fountain?   He's ruined more boat companies than anyone in the industry.   Hell is he even alive.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

Yes, ignoring global market trends is the far more responsible route for news outlets. 

You should ignore news outlets 100% of the time when it comes to the stock market.  Research and quality is all that matters.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You should ignore news outlets 100% of the time when it comes to the stock market.  Research and quality is all that matters.

Absolutely.   I get some decent info from CNBC now and again but man they are doom and gloomers.   

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Absolutely.   I get some decent info from CNBC now and again but man they are doom and gloomers.   

When one talks about the market all day they need to say something. 

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would never invest off of what is written in print or reported on over the evening news. 

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Do you have a seat with a backrest? I cant do more then an hr or 2 with then stupid bench seat.

YEs, seat with backrest. Go up to Hooksett and pick one up. Will make a big difference. Drill 4 holes in the seat, easy peasy install.   :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

When one talks about the market all day they need to say something. 

Some days a 100 point drop in the dow and all they can talk about is the next recession and massive correction coming.   

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Is Reggie still involved with Fountain?   He's ruined more boat companies than anyone in the industry.   Hell is he even alive.  

Yes, he's back. They are making the 42, 47 performance boats and a Cat 32, and a line of center console offshore fishing boats. 

YEs, seat with backrest. Go up to Hooksett and pick one up. Will make a big difference. Drill 4 holes in the seat, easy peasy install.   :thumbsup:

Im thinking of just dumping the thing and buying a 16 or 18 ft side consol. If I do anything at all. One of my buds is trying to convince me to but a s x s 

Just now, Highmark said:

Some days a 100 point drop in the dow and all they can talk about is the next recession and massive correction coming.   

And 15 minutes after they say it the market is back up.

Guy doesn't have $10K in his boat and is talking about spending a couple million on a boat, car and cabin.  :lol:  Unless you won the lottery you are a fraud.  

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Im thinking of just dumping the thing and buying a 16 or 18 ft side consol. If I do anything at all. One of my buds is trying to convince me to but a s x s 

I gotta' tell a story about the seat. My boat is a 1983. The seat has been on there for about 34 years. Three years ago  I'm out fishin' with my buddy ( yeah right ) and the screws holes had worn loose, and let go, and I fell back into the floor between the back seat and the transom!!! So instead of my fishin' buddy jumpin' up to help me, he sits there laughing his ass off, 'cause my fat body is stuck in the well and I can't get up!!! Fukkin bastid!!!!!!!

To his defense though, they moved to Florida and he calls now and then to say how much he misses our fishing trips. He wanted to come up and go ice-fishing, he liked it so much. I told him I'm lookin' at water on the pond. 

My investment guy sent me this.

Stocks Drop on Growing Coronavirus Concerns

By Craig Fehr February 25, 2020

Stock-Market1-820x350-subcategory-deskto

US-market-update-table-022420

Source: FactSet, Edward Jones calculations. Total return of the S&P 500 Index. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index and not available for direct investment. Past performance of the market is not a guarantee of what will happen in the future. *S&P 500 futures premarket activity on Nov. 9, 2016.

1. The spreading virus raises the temperature on the market.
    • The U.S. equity market declined about 6% over the last two days (Feb. 24 and 25) as reports over the weekend showed that confirmed cases of the coronavirus have picked up outside China, including outbreaks in South Korea and Italy. Somewhat encouraging, the pace of new reported cases within China has moderated slightly, but the economic impact in the world's second-largest economy is increasingly significant given ongoing factory closures, supply chain disruptions and city lockdowns that are wiping out a large portion of consumer spending.
  2. The economic impact is meaningful but temporary.
    • U.S. economic growth is likely to take a modest hit this quarter as efforts to contain the virus have curbed air travel, international business activity and domestic companies’ foreign production and sales in China. As a result, U.S. GDP growth is likely to drop below 2% this quarter for the first time since late 2018.
    • That said, we don’t think this will knock the economy off its expansionary path, as U.S. household spending (70% of the economy) is less affected at this point. GDP growth contracted by 1.1% in Q1 2014 due to severe weather (remember the “polar vortex”?), dropped to 0.1% in Q4 2015 as oil prices and production plunged and fell to 1.1% in Q4 2018 amid Federal Reserve rate hikes and the manufacturing slump. None of these marked a recessionary turn with GDP rising in the following quarters, as shown in the table below.
  3. A prescription for higher volatility.
    • Stocks don't take well to uncertainty, and given the ongoing uncertainty around the effectiveness and timelines of containment efforts, it's unlikely market anxiety will subside quickly. This is not insignificant for near-term market performance, as we believe global GDP and corporate earnings estimates will need to be revised lower for the first half of 2020.
    • That said, we don't view this as a turning point in the economic expansion, nor do we see this as a catalyst for more restrictive monetary policy. Some economic output will be lost, but most will be delayed. As such, we'd expect a rebound in Chinese and global growth in future quarters. The foundation of this bull market has been (and will continue to be) an expanding economy, rising corporate profits and accommodative Fed policy – all of which are poised to remain intact for the year ahead.
    • Monday’s drop (2/24/2020) was the largest daily percentage drop in the stock market in two years. A drop of 1,000 points in the Dow is certainly an attention grabber, but a wider view provides a much more useful perspective. Even with the declines over the last two days, the stock market has gained 12% over the past 12 months. Moreover, stock market volatility has been notably subdued for the past several months, so a return of volatility should be viewed as more the norm than the exception. Over the past three years, the S&P 500 has had 19 days in which it fell more than 2% – none of which kicked off a longer-term downturn.1
    • We doubt the growing risks related to the coronavirus outbreak will blow over immediately, so further volatility should be anticipated. But we also doubt this will permanently impair the broader fundamental backdrop of economic expansion and low interest rates, supporting the case for the bull market to persist as we advance through 2020.

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

the media hasn't been 'calling' for anything. They simply report on people that do. That's what news is. 

Come on Dave.....the regular garden variety flu kills between 12-61,000 AMERICANS every year. There are 2800 deaths from Corona globally. Why is this such a front page issue? Up to 650,000 globally annually. Smells wrong to me. 

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Why not just hang onto it? You probably won't get that much for it anyway, so it's worth it to keep as a back-up. Remember, if you get another boat and something goes wrong with it, the dealer won't take you for a month, and it will take them a few weeks to fix it. There goes half your SUMMER without a boat. 

KEEP the 12 footer, and also get another bigger one. 

18 footer is as big as you need. Will handle just about any water you'll be going on, yet will be trailerable

and manageable.  

Whereas you go up country a lot, a SXS would be a blast. Big place in Berlin for trails. The town caters to 

quads, etc. Like Hatfield/McCoy in NH!! 

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

Come on Dave.....the regular garden variety flu kills between 12-61,000 AMERICANS every year. There are 2800 deaths from Corona globally. Why is this such a front page issue? Up to 650,000 globally annually. Smells wrong to me. 

what would you prefer to be on the front page?