Check your account email address ×

Alcom / SnoPro aluminum trailers

hayward

decent for the money . mine is like 4 yrs . hinges have some rust the better triton  uses galvanized and have zerks.  also steel Axle rust is pretty bad triton uses galvanized there also . they have updated f door locks so that is good . if ordering I would spend the cash for the extra axle.  when I got mine it was only 700 bucks . and so you know you can stuff 3 155 mountain sleds in one .

I did not move mine till 2 weeks back this yr and with all the snow it actualy kinked one of the roof joists. I must say it was pretty full of frozen hard snow . 

I would buy again and would 100% not buy with out the extra added axle.  oh the alloy wheels get some sort of oxidation and start leaking our of the bead and you have to get tires pulled and they clean them off and put some goo on and they have been good 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, hayward said:

Any good? Bad?   Something better out there?  Don't ask why I need to know....:hdchr:

Let's just say, I need another trailer.

I know you  said don't ask...........

Why do you need another trailer? :lmao:

7 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Pro-line, Nitro, or blizzard.

this-  i'd buy a pro line if getting a trailer as they are 20 minutes up the road and sell direct.  

Alcom(snopro mission high country) was either made in Maine or i think it's North Dakota where they have their western plant.  there was a period of time they were all crap (clam and hybrid) but not hearing as many issues now.  

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know you  said don't ask...........

Why do you need another trailer? :lmao:

Loaned it out to a friend and he calls me last night and says they're sitting along the interstate with the axle broke off between where the axle and the frame of the trailer bolts together.  1.5 hours away from home.  It's a 94 loadrite and that was it's second axle.  Debating whether to rebuild again or just take my losses and update.  Problem is, there's nothing wrong with the worthington top.  Would really like something longer than 10', and get out of the damn tilt deck shit as well.

Anywho, thanks for the replys fellas on what's quality and what to stay away from.

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

Loaned it out to a friend and he calls me last night and says they're sitting along the interstate with the axle broke off between where the axle and the frame of the trailer bolts together.  1.5 hours away from home.  It's a 94 loadrite and that was it's second axle.  Debating whether to rebuild again or just take my losses and update.  Problem is, there's nothing wrong with the worthington top.  Would really like something longer than 10', and get out of the damn tilt deck shit as well.

Anywho, thanks for the replys fellas on what's quality and what to stay away from.

Ahhh...the old loaned out and broken deal...that sucks. Yeah I’m looking for a used open trailer right now and 11 or 12 feet is the way to go and ramps are more convenient then a tilt IMO. Good luck in your search. :thumb:

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhh...the old loaned out and broken deal...that sucks. Yeah I’m looking for a used open trailer right now and 11 or 12 feet is the way to go and ramps are more convenient then a tilt IMO. Good luck in your search. :thumb:

Yeah the ramp deal has gotten old, along with my back feeling older.  New shit's expensive.  Never seems to be enough money to go around and cover all the basis.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I've got a 12ft Karavan, all galvanized, torsion axle that's doing dual duty for sled/sxs. They should be reasonable down there. I would've bought an Excalibur up here but they didn't have any in stock when I needed it. I'd say they make the best open on the market and reasonably priced in CDN money

20180929_074528.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hayward said:

Yeah the ramp deal has gotten old, along with my back feeling older.  New shit's expensive.  Never seems to be enough money to go around and cover all the basis.

Yeah ain’t that the truth. 

10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I've got a 12ft Karavan, all galvanized, torsion axle that's doing dual duty for sled/sxs. They should be reasonable down there. I would've bought an Excalibur up here but they didn't have any in stock when I needed it. I'd say they make the best open on the market and reasonably priced in CDN money

20180929_074528.jpg

Nice...I found a used Triton 12’ tilt with ski guides, slush guard...decent shape. He was asking 1100.00 but he just said he would go 950.00

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice...I found a used Triton 12’ tilt with ski guides, slush guard...decent shape. He was asking 1100.00 but he just said he would go 950.00

Good deal! Anybody selling a Triton usually wants top buck

Just now, smokin george said:

Good deal! Anybody selling a Triton usually wants top buck

I hear ya there...been looking for a few months and that is definitely true...should suit my needs perfectly. 

F64F85D0-6002-4C30-85C7-87F3877B43FF.thumb.jpeg.44c2f3d07c41987cf17006afd885429c.jpeg103E0394-779D-4DBF-BC79-72C49B584ED3.thumb.jpeg.2c46ae09414804f87a1632e1a0cc1692.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I gave 800 bucks for this load rite back in 99 and it was bare-bones no guides no salt sheild nothing, and already 5 years old.  I'd say you got a steal there.  Nice when that happens.

• Like 1

Just now, hayward said:

I gave 800 bucks for this load rite back in 99 and it was bare-bones no guides no salt sheild nothing, and already 5 years old.  I'd say you got a steal there.  Nice when that happens.

Yeah it's a helluva deal...I was mistaken about the length...it's 11 feet not 12 but will still work just fine. 

4 hours ago, Anler said:

I all trailers are made by meth heads. :dunno: 

not true.  my bud had a trailer company /atv plow company then they got a deal with Polaris building bumpers and racks . then poo bought them out . retired at 48 

So the galvanized hinges didn't rust at all?  I would think the galvanizing is just a "coating" and the salt would eat into it in short order.  

Just assessed the damage, and i'm thinking i'm gonna try a new galvanized axle.  Nothing else wrong other than the current axle folded itself back to thepoint of the tires ran up against the plywood floor to the point of the passenger side actually wore through the 5/8 plywood.  The stringers still look straight as an arrow.  Either way have to fix it even if I upgrade, thinking maybe this spring might be the time to find an end of year deal on something more user-friendly.

2 hours ago, hayward said:

So the galvanized hinges didn't rust at all?  I would think the galvanizing is just a "coating" and the salt would eat into it in short order.  

Just assessed the damage, and i'm thinking i'm gonna try a new galvanized axle.  Nothing else wrong other than the current axle folded itself back to thepoint of the tires ran up against the plywood floor to the point of the passenger side actually wore through the 5/8 plywood.  The stringers still look straight as an arrow.  Either way have to fix it even if I upgrade, thinking maybe this spring might be the time to find an end of year deal on something more user-friendly.

well my but bought a trition same time as I got the snopro.  his hinges have a white dust like stuff etc I on them but no rush.  again no huge deal.

I had a tririon clam before this one that the axle took a shit .I think what happened was the gasket between alloy frame and axle wore out and made axle loose so bolts got loose and axle pretty much came off 1 side . lol fixed enough to get home  at the tractor supply parking lot in Hancock MI . guy plowing lot with a bobcat picked up whole thing for us .

but like I said the twin axle was cheep like 700 and worth every dime on my snopro. I would deff not feel comfortable stuffing 3 sleds in it with only 1 .

not the reason I did it in fact I did not even know I could stuff 3 in it when I bought it . but I have spent time on the side of a ice highway with not much sholder before snowbank starts at night changing a trailer tire and never want to do that again 

Edited by Ez ryder

15 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I hear ya there...been looking for a few months and that is definitely true...should suit my needs perfectly. 

F64F85D0-6002-4C30-85C7-87F3877B43FF.thumb.jpeg.44c2f3d07c41987cf17006afd885429c.jpeg103E0394-779D-4DBF-BC79-72C49B584ED3.thumb.jpeg.2c46ae09414804f87a1632e1a0cc1692.jpeg

That's looks clean, I'd jump on it for the price

• Like 1