Check your account email address ×

****Official 2020 iron dog race thread***

BOHICA

On 2/14/2020 at 1:18 PM, AKIQPilot said:

Highly unlikely.  There are only 2 Cat teams entered.  I will be surprised if either finish the race.  

Right along with the Texan.   the guy will prolly freeze solid 200 miles into the race being high speed river runnin to start   :cold:               hes gonna need a plug in onesy   lol 

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

@AKIQPilot

#39, who is Robby's partner?

Neal

Cody Barber. A super fast kid. Cody has finished the Irondog a few times. They will be super fast on the river. They are starting near the back but will probably pass most of the other teams before they get off the river. 

Expect 90+ mph pings out of their transponders. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, old indy said:

Right along with the Texan.   the guy will prolly freeze solid 200 miles into the race being high speed river runnin to start   :cold:               hes gonna need a plug in onesy   lol 

Temps today along those interior villages is -30 or colder. The Texan has no idea what he’s getting into. 

CA7CC753-87E6-424D-8696-0A24B7594285.png

Edited by AKIQPilot

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Maybe it's time for you to STFU? :lol:

Nawwww....I’m good!

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I think people who actually ride sleds know why there are so many Polaris teams. 

Oh just get out of the fucking way already.  Go left.  The lake is that way.  Go impress people with your 800 drag racer with “heavy clutching mods”

:lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nawwww....I’m good!

Oh just get out of the fucking way already.  Go left.  The lake is that way.  Go impress people with your 800 drag racer with “heavy clutching mods”

:lol:

Settle down Zam. Just think how proud you will be if a Cat finishes the Dog this year. 

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Settle down Zam. Just think how proud you will be if a Cat finishes the Dog this year. 

Meh....don’t care.  That or the Soo are just past-time, once a year races.  If you love the sport, you just follow along.  These races more than any other take a specific skill of rider that knows where they can push their machine and where they can’t.  That’s why many of the same people win every year.  The field is loaded with high adrenaline “crash and burn” junkies.  I admire the attitude!!!!!

Meh....don’t care.  That or the Soo are just past-time, once a year races.  If you love the sport, you just follow along.  These races more than any other take a specific skill of rider that knows where they can push their machine and where they can’t.  That’s why many of the same people win every year.  The field is loaded with high adrenaline “crash and burn” junkies.  I admire the attitude!!!!!

Your tune would sound different if Cat were actually competitive in these races. 

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Temps today along those interior villages is -30 or colder. The Texan has no idea what he’s getting into. 

CA7CC753-87E6-424D-8696-0A24B7594285.png

I gotta think hes got an idea but if he hasent acclimated himself with some serious time up north, hes screwed.     i moved back to Mass after just over two years in Tx and made the mistake of doing it in November.  i would have wanted to die going straight to AK and -29

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Your tune would sound different if Cat were actually competitive in these races. 

Not really.  Just more shit to throw.  I follow SX and USXC a lot more. Didn’t Cat win the Soo two years in a row recently?  And I think one ID in the last 3 or 4?  That’s good enough.

1 minute ago, old indy said:

I gotta think hes got an idea but if he hasent acclimated himself with some serious time up north, hes screwed.     i moved back to Mass after just over two years in Tx and made the mistake of doing it in November.  i would have wanted to die going straight to AK and -29

Yep. All those guys are just waking up right now. I guarantee every racer checked the outside temp within 1 minute of waking up. The first words out of their mouth this morning was FUCK. 

Not really.  Just more shit to throw.  I follow SX and USXC a lot more. Didn’t Cat win the Soo two years in a row recently?  And I think one ID in the last 3 or 4?  That’s good enough.

Yes. Cat has won the Soo a couple times and ID once in the last 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yes. Cat has won the Soo a couple times and ID once in the last 5 years. 

Looks like Cat won the Soo in 2018 and 2019....back when they were still making race sleds.  :wall: And Cat one the ID in 2017.  That’s a long ways from shabby.  Especially considering their low entrance numbers.

Doo winners are scarce.  Their promotion of XC racing is appalling to me.  Good SXing tho!

Looks like Cat won the Soo in 2018 and 2019....back when they were still making race sleds.  :wall: And Cat one the ID in 2017.  That’s a long ways from shabby.  Especially considering their low entrance numbers.

Doo winners are scarce.  Their promotion of XC racing is appalling to me.  Good SXing tho!

I agree about Doo. They sell lots of sleds without racing. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. All those guys are just waking up right now. I guarantee every racer checked the outside temp within 1 minute of waking up. The first words out of their mouth this morning was FUCK. 

oh for sure.  no one likes that temp for riding. most Texans south of the pan handle cant tolerate +40f or under without a polar parka.  now im going to have to follow this guy :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I agree about Doo. They sell lots of sleds without racing. 

Yeah but, I want them all racing!  As do you I’m sure.

I hate to see any motorsport racing dying and when brands pull back (or out....like fucking Textron) it hurts.  I wish I had a crystal ball to see what they were going to do next year, I’m gonna be ready to pick up my summer project soon and if Textron is out of racing, I’m dumping Cat.  Fuck them.

I hate to see any motorsport racing dying and when brands pull back (or out....like fucking Textron) it hurts.  I wish I had a crystal ball to see what they were going to do next year, I’m gonna be ready to pick up my summer project soon and if Textron is out of racing, I’m dumping Cat.  Fuck them.

I totally agree. Doo and Cat should put more into racing than they do. 

How much for your cat pit coat,asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I totally agree. Doo and Cat should put more into racing than they do. 

Or, how about Cat put ANYTHING into racing?!?  Fucking idiots!  I mean, Cat is already a select group of people that are race enthusiasts and Textron’s answer to save money is to cut racing all together and not even produce race sleds to compete?!?!?!?!

buT, ChEK oUt thIs neW Line Of MidSize 1-bangerZ!!! SNochec OnE TOdAy!!!!!

Unreal.

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

How much for your cat pit coat,asking for a friend.

NOT FOR SALE!  But I’ll give it to you if you find a grey one I can buy. Fuck, it’s like trying to find a needle in the snow stack!!!!