Check your account email address ×

****Official 2020 iron dog race thread***

BOHICA

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Don't over think it.  There is $100,000 on the line here.  Teams pick sleds they think can help them win that $100k.  

But wait, last year you said Arctic Cat wins all those races because their sleds are given to the racers.

What changed?  :news:

:lol2:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

But wait, last year you said Arctic Cat wins all those races because their sleds are given to the racers.

Actually I said the only reason ANY teams race Cat is because Cat gives away their sleds and they give their teams a $2000-$3000 parts allowance depending on how good the team is. 

Cat seldom wins this race.  Once in the last decade only because the Doo's were disqualified because someone touched their bumper.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I just called a Madcatters meeting,we won’t be tolerating this slander.:lol:

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Actually I said the only reason ANY teams race Cat is because Cat gives away their sleds and they give their teams a $2000-$3000 parts allowance depending on how good the team is. 

Cat seldom wins this race.  Once in the last decade only because the Doo's were disqualified because someone touched their bumper.  

You should be a politician with all of these lies.

You left out the part where you said by cat giving the sleds away, they flood the field thereby, guaranteeing podium spots.  But s don’t sweat it.

I know cat doesn’t do well in the ID...or the Soo.

• Gold Member

The point is that all these guys that run this race are pussies on chick sleds....  they are 600’s.  Only really men ride ride 8fiddies.  I heard it here on FS and ways.

wonder if an 850 would even be reliable enough to complete the iron dog.  Cats two stroke are the most reliable so the cat 800 would prolly win

You left out the part where you said by cat giving the sleds away, they flood the field thereby, guaranteeing podium spots.  But s don’t sweat it.

I know cat doesn’t do well in the ID...or the Soo.

I was talking about USXC when I made that comment.  

Cat did well last week in the GG 500.  Herfindahl is a fantastic rider.  He could win on anything, even a Skidoo.  

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The point is that all these guys that run this race are pussies on chick sleds....  they are 600’s.  Only really men ride ride 8fiddies.  I heard it here on FS and ways.

wonder if an 850 would even be reliable enough to complete the iron dog.  Cats two stroke are the most reliable so the cat 800 would prolly win

After the race, they are all going to jump on 850 Hypersleds and fridge race across the lake a few times before stopping to fill their fat faces with beer and fries.  That will decide who the real men are.  I’m sure of it!!!!!

:lol:

I was talking about USXC when I made that comment.  

Cat did well last week in the GG 500.  Herfindahl is a fantastic rider.  He could win on anything, even a Skidoo.  

And you were wrong then too.  :lmao:

Herf is struggling trying to keep his sleds together using spare parts.  I also heard Poo is hunting him.  For whatever I think about those sleds, Poo is making a solid effort in racing...in all aspects.  For that, I give them a solid thumbs up and an “A+”.  cat gets an “F” and Doo is sitting at a “B”. Maybe a “B+“.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

After the race, they are all going to jump on 850 Hypersleds and fridge race across the lake a few times before stopping to fill their fat faces with beer and fries.  That will decide who the real men are.  I’m sure of it!!!!!

:lol:

And you were wrong then too.  :lmao:

Herf is struggling trying to keep his sleds together using spare parts.  I also heard Poo is hunting him.  For whatever I think about those sleds, Poo is making a solid effort in racing...in all aspects.  For that, I give them a solid thumbs up and an “A+”.  cat gets an “F” and Doo is sitting at a “B”. Maybe a “B+“.

There is absolutely no doubt that Cat was selling sleds to their race teams for much less than Poo or SkiDoo.  Joe Blow could get a Cat 600 race sled for $7500.  With that they also got an option to buy other Cat consumer sleds for cost.  Those same Joe Blows had to spend $9000 to get a Poo and $11,000 to get a Doo.  

Those deals from Cat are all gone now, hence the reason you don't see people racing Cat this year.  

Edited by AKIQPilot

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

There is absolutely no doubt that Cat was selling sleds to their race teams for much less than Poo or SkiDoo.  Joe Blow could get a Cat 600 race sled for $7500.  With that they also got an option to buy other Cat consumer sleds for cost.  Those same Joe Blows had to spend $9000 to get a Poo and $11,000 to get a Doo.  

Those deals from Cat are all gone now, hence the reason you don't see people racing Cat this year.  

I spoke to several that said cat was $500 more than Poo or Doo here.

The reason you don’t see people on Cat this year is because they are supporting no racing and didn’t even make enough race sleds to qualify them to race them.  Every cat you see is a 18 or 19 that was raced laser year.

I spoke to several that said cat was $500 more than Poo or Doo here.

The reason you don’t see people on Cat this year is because they are supporting no racing and didn’t even make enough race sleds to qualify them to race them.  Every cat you see is a 18 or 19 that was raced laser year.

There is absolutely no way the Cats were $500 more than the Doo's.  Someone was lying to you.  In 2018, when I made the claim, a Cat ZR 600R XC was offered to B team riders for $7500 plus shipping.  Cat charged $225 to ship this sleds to their Alaska racers.  This is a fact backed up by 2 cat teams I helped in 2018.  That same year Poo was offering the 600 Axys R to B team riders for $8800 shipped.  

You have people who tell you what all those race sleds sold for.  I have friends who race Cats and they showed me what their B Team race sled order form quoted them for a price.  My friends are just average, barely successful racers.  Cat was offering race sleds to the average racer for far less than Doo or Poo.  That is a fact and it's been that way since 2002 when I put in my first application to the Poo and Cat race departments.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

There is absolutely no way the Cats were $500 more than the Doo's.  Someone was lying to you.  In 2018, when I made the claim, a Cat ZR 600R XC was offered to B team riders for $7500 plus shipping.  Cat charged $225 to ship this sleds to their Alaska racers.  This is a fact backed up by 2 cat teams I helped in 2018.  That same year Poo was offering the 600 Axys R to B team riders for $8800 shipped.  

You have people who tell you what all those race sleds sold for.  I have friends who race Cats and they showed me what their B Team race sled order form quoted them for a price.  My friends are just average, barely successful racers.  Cat was offering race sleds to the average racer for far less than Doo or Poo.  That is a fact and it's been that way since 2002 when I put in my first application to the Poo and Cat race departments.  

I asked sources worthy of believing.  Maybe your teams got better deals?

Dang,sounds like Zams driveway jumping team got over charged?

Hahaha. Well its been Skidoo domination so far for the trail class guys. Snow and cold in interior AK has been just brutal. Teams had to join up with competitors to make it through 5’ of fresh snow on short tracks. 

Been a crazy trail race to Nome already this year. 

Edited by AKIQPilot