Check your account email address ×

File This Under No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

This poor prick has to live with coming to the rescue gone wrong for the rest of his life.

Did I mention that it was that wonderful breed known as the dog of peace by mental midgets of many persuasions? 

Man accidentally kills neighbor with crossbow trying to save him from a dog attack

A Massachusetts man attempting to save his neighbor from a dog attack accidentally shot and killed him with a crossbow, officials said.

Police are investigating the incident as an accidental death, according to a release from the Berkshire District Attorney's office.

Police from Adams received multiple 911 calls on Wednesday at approximately 12:09 p.m. "for a reported mauling in progress."

Investigators believe that the man, described as a good Samaritan by the district attorney's office, heard a commotion coming from his neighbor's apartment and rushed over to help. The man retrieved a crossbow and shot at one of the pit bulls.

Investigators believe that the bolt struck one of the dogs, went through the door and fatally struck the neighbor who was attempting to barricade himself from the attack. He was identified as Joshua Jadusingh, 27.

Responding officers had to use their service weapons to neutralize the animals, who have "a history of being aggressive" and "turned the attack onto responding officers."

One of the dogs named Max previously attacked someone in the home in 2018, and the unidentified victim had to receive medical care, District Attorney Andrea Harrington said at a news conference. It is believed that the dogs were owned by he and his partner, Harrington said.

The ballistics portion of the incident is still under investigation, according to the release.

Police found Jadusingh's body and an unharmed child in a nearby room inside the apartment.

Harrington said that at this time she does not expect to file any criminal charges against the man who fired the crossbow.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-accidentally-kills-neighbor-with-crossbow-trying-to-save-him-from-a-dog-attack/ar-BBZJEtT

11 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This poor prick has to live with coming to the rescue gone wrong for the rest of his life.

Did I mention that it was that wonderful breed known as the dog of peace by mental midgets of many persuasions? 

No charges?   cross bows are illegal here i believe.             WOW tooooooo funny as i type this the story comes on the TV!!?!    i guess he has a permit for it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, old indy said:

No charges?   cross bows are illegal here i believe.             WOW tooooooo funny as i type this the story comes on the TV!!?!    i guess he has a permit for it.

What?   Permit for a crossbow?   :lol:   Holy fuck where is this?  

You can load a modern day muzzle-loader as fast as a crossbow.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What?   Permit for a crossbow?   :lol:   Holy fuck where is this?  

You can load a modern day muzzle-loader as fast as a crossbow.  :lol:  

Good ol massivtwoshits.     i cant even own a wrist rocket slingshot legaly here.

1 minute ago, old indy said:

Good ol massivtwoshits.     i cant even own a wrist rocket slingshot legaly here.

You sure its not a special permit to hunt with one?   That is how it is in Iowa.   Have to get a medical release to use them during archery but anyone can own one.

Crossbow Hunting Regulations in Massachusetts

As of July 2013, a crossbow can only be used for hunting in Massachusetts by a permanently disabled person, who’s disability makes it impossible for him to use a regular vertical bow. A certification from a qualified physician will be required; once that is submitted to Mass. Wildlife, a crossbow hunting permit will be issued. To find out more, you can contact 508-389-6300.

The following should be kept in mind:

• When hunting with a crossbow in Massachusetts, you should take care never to fire an arrow if located closer than 150 feet from a surfaced highway, nor if located closer than 500 feet from a house or dwelling (unless authorization from the dwelling owner was acquired beforehand).
  • There is no minimum or maximum draw weight required for your crossbow, nor are there any size limitations for either the crossbow itself or the arrow shafts.
  • The use of expandable arrow broad-heads is legal.
  • Any broad-head used, including expandables, shall have a cutting diameter of no less than 7/8 inches.

Please keep in mind that crossbow hunting laws in the entire United States are slowly becoming more lenient; where they were illegal before, they are often now legal in the entire archery season. So keep your head up and watch out for some updates – you might be just going out for a hunting trip with your crossbow soon enough.

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You sure its not a special permit to hunt with one?   That is how it is in Iowa.   Have to get a medical release to use them during archery but anyone can own one.

Crossbow Hunting Regulations in Massachusetts

As of July 2013, a crossbow can only be used for hunting in Massachusetts by a permanently disabled person, who’s disability makes it impossible for him to use a regular vertical bow. A certification from a qualified physician will be required; once that is submitted to Mass. Wildlife, a crossbow hunting permit will be issued. To find out more, you can contact 508-389-6300.

The following should be kept in mind:

• When hunting with a crossbow in Massachusetts, you should take care never to fire an arrow if located closer than 150 feet from a surfaced highway, nor if located closer than 500 feet from a house or dwelling (unless authorization from the dwelling owner was acquired beforehand).
  • There is no minimum or maximum draw weight required for your crossbow, nor are there any size limitations for either the crossbow itself or the arrow shafts.
  • The use of expandable arrow broad-heads is legal.
  • Any broad-head used, including expandables, shall have a cutting diameter of no less than 7/8 inches.

Please keep in mind that crossbow hunting laws in the entire United States are slowly becoming more lenient; where they were illegal before, they are often now legal in the entire archery season. So keep your head up and watch out for some updates – you might be just going out for a hunting trip with your crossbow soon enough.

In NH anyone over 70 can hunt with one and VT it's anyone over 50 I believe.

I understand it as possession without a permitt being illegal.  its been a long time since looking but i dont think you can buy one in state.  one cant buy a good sling shot!?    llbean ftw

Edited by old indy

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pit Bull...shocker.

My dobie absolutely hates pit bulls. If there’s one at the dog park I have to remove her. She’s like a heat seeking missile when she sees one. Goes on full attack. Lol. I have not idea what it is. Maybe the shape of the body and head? She’s an absolute sweetheart to other dogs and people. Perhaps she’s just a good judge of character. 

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

My dobie absolutely hates pit bulls. If there’s one at the dog park I have to remove her. She’s like a heat seeking missile when she sees one. Goes on full attack. Lol. I have not idea what it is. Maybe the shape of the body and head? She’s an absolute sweetheart to other dogs and people. Perhaps she’s just a good judge of character. 

I got chased down by two dobermans when I was a kid on my bike riding on the street, so I put those fucks right up there too...

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

I got chased down by two dobermans when I was a kid on my bike riding on the street, so I put those fucks right up there too...

Prolly coming after the cheese curds and deer sticks stuffed in your pockets. Lummox!!!!

:bc: 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Friends.

Not that unusual.   They are know to hunt together.   Coyote drives the prey underground which the badger is good at digging up and getting.   Called mutualism. 

Seen a badger on my property in 2007.   Never seen one since.  

Edited by Highmark