Check your account email address ×

Suzuki Cat 800 longetivity

18 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

2010+ for those of you who have owned them, is it safe to say the engine will live 8000, 9000 , 10,000 miles before rebuild?  I was looking at Twin Spars and seen quite a few with high miles? What can one expect realistically?

Yes. If you don’t mind a slight drop in performance from blow by. 

I'm looking to blow a few grand on a sled this year. I can get past the Barney body style if the engine is solid and trail manners are the best. I'm deciding if I should get a Zook or for 1000 more get the Turbo. Want something I'll be keeping for years to come.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure why you’d want to go that high on a 2 stroke before a rebuild but, I’d honestly say there is absolutely no other 800  I’d even remotely depend on past the 8k mark over a Zook.

Dude, you ride a 600cc sled that gets 50 miles per tank of fuel. Why are you talking about riding an adult sled for 8000 miles like you're some sort of expert on the subject. WTF?

• Haha 3

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Dude, you ride a 600cc sled that gets 50 miles per tank of fuel. Why are you talking about riding an adult sled for 8000 miles like you're some sort of expert on the subject. WTF?

Yeah.....I’m new to motorsports.  :lmao:

”Adult sled”.  Lol

Not about this engine in question, but when I rented out a couple sleds for years I sold one of the 2 strokes rentals with 24,000 miles, it had never been rebuilt, it started harder than it used to but I added a primer which helped.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How much heavier is a Barney turbo compared to an 800 Barney? 

The 800  is 550 lbs and the Turbo is well into 650ish lbs according to the interwebs. That might make my decision right there. I like putting sleds in the back of my truck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

Come on.... They aren't that bad. 

I'd prefer to put it this way. I wouldn't own a cat I didn't pull in the shop every 3-500 miles for a full thaw out and check over. 

Well. The Wasilla Arctic Cat dealer closed its doors in October. The Anchorage Arctic Cat dealer has been reduced to a parts house where they have to order just about every part you need. 

An Arctic cat is just not something I would consider buying. Well, there are a few cool vintage Cats from ‘77-‘82 that I would like to have. 

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Sure cat has issues but I think it's 70% how its cared for and used that determines how long it lasts 

I have had more issues with my doos than my cats 

I think Johnny larue had over 17,000 on his f7. I think he has a new sled now but not sure how many miles he ended up with on it. Here is him telling Ben to fuck off with super fast acceleration.