Check your account email address ×

The glorious American healthcare system.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Maybe, we supposedly have the best health care in the 1st world but we also have the least healthiest populace. Something ain't right. 

Doctors can't do much to stop obesity, lack of exercise and drug and alcohol abuse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Lack of preventive care is to blame for some of those things

Thats complete bullshit and you know it.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Anler said:

We do alot of hospital work. They are always expanding and cancer hospitals are popping up everywhere. 

I thought US treatment of most cancers were considered the best in the world.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I thought US treatment of most cancers were considered the best in the world.

Subjective I guess. It bankrupts most families. And then you still might die. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Subjective I guess. It bankrupts most families. And then you still might die. 

I've know dozens of families that had a member with cancer including 5 of my aunt/uncles on my dads side.   None had significant financial hardships.   Not saying it doesn't happen but the % is not high certainly not most.   That suggests greater than 50%.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I've know dozens of families that had a member with cancer including 5 of my aunt/uncles on my dads side.   None had financial hardships.   Not saying it doesn't happen but the % is not high certainly not most.   That suggests greater than 50%.

Bankrupted my parents. I can tell you stories about the other families we met in the children's hospital if you'd like. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Bankrupted my parents. I can tell you stories about the other families we met in the children's hospital if you'd like. 

Like I said I'm sure it happens I just disagree with the most statement.   Sorry to hear that happened to your folks.

This study says 3%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bigthink.com/politics-current-affairs/how-much-does-cancer-cost.amp.html

Edited by Highmark

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Ah no.....its not. There have been studies that showed providing access to preventative care programs reduced diabetes etc and kept those who are susceptible to worsening conditions from more costly healthcare situations

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

America is a victim of its own success. Let’s just watch the Trump “money shot” before the country dies from the inside out. 

Edited by spin_dry

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Like I said I'm sure it happens I just disagree with the most statement.   Sorry to hear that happened to your folks.

This study says 3%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bigthink.com/politics-current-affairs/how-much-does-cancer-cost.amp.html

Meanwhile billionaires pay nothing. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

When was the last time a billionaire spent his life savings on a cure? 

Doesn't mean they pay nothing.  

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Healthcare is a human right. 

Yeah so is owning guns and eating....doesn't mean I get them for free.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yeah so is owning guns and eat....doesn't mean I get them for free.

Food is available for free to the needy in America. It’s that way because it’s required for life to continue. Guns is fucking ridiculous argument. Moronic 

15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Food is available for free to the needy in America. It’s that way because it’s required for life to continue. Guns is fucking ridiculous argument. Moronic 

So is billionaires being the fix of everything.   btw those who can't pay for hc get it for free already too.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So is billionaires being the fix of everything.   btw those who can't pay for hc get it for free already too.

Slice it any way you wish. The healthcare system In America is broken. It’s troubles are far greater than Obamacare. You don’t see it because of your financial altitude. This is more than obvious in all your posts. Who knows, someday you may not be so fortunate. 

Edited by spin_dry

52 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Healthcare is a human right. 

No. Health care costs money. If you choose to be a welfare nigger then you need to happy with the scraps the people that work give you. Nobody is entitled to anything for free. Even though we tend to be suckers and allow useless people to live. The poor should be turned into dog food.

• Thanks 1

People who don't have a license to breed, should be sterilized by the government. 

As it is now, low-lifes are doing much of the breeding. Their offspring will never take care of your kid in a hospital. Most likely the boys will end up street thugs, and the girls will end up crack whores...............perpetuating the cycle.

Next up, american liberal money grabbers will be saying education is a right, clothing is a right, entertainment is a right, transportation is a right.  All designed to get money from the taxpayers to justify their insignificant jobs with over compensated monetary rewards. 

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 1