Check your account email address ×

Poor Dumbass Buttcocks the retard

f7ben

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Good god dude....they raise the rev limiter to 9k rpm and extend the timing maps and knock protection which cats maps doesnt do. Cats map is not made to run above the stock rpm level.

Not sure why were arguing the minutia and missing the point

Good God dude you made two claims that were false. First, you said the timing doesn't change then you said the rev limiter is right after 7800. 

See I owned one of these things. I had a TD tune on it. It would detonate when you ran the clutching at 7800 without good fuel. Why, because of the increased load you had to run in the clutch to get it to 7800 where the timing was advanced. Again running that motor at 8100 is a bandaid for poor fuel. 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Good God dude you made two claims that were false. First, you said the timing doesn't change then you said the rev limiter is right after 7800. 

See I owned one of these things. I had a TD tune on it. It would detonate when you ran the clutching at 7800 without good fuel. Why, because of the increased load you had to run in the clutch to get it to 7800 where the timing was advanced. Again running that motor at 8100 is a bandaid for poor fuel. 

How is running it at 8100 a bandaid if it's faster there?

17 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

if you know what you're doing It's not faster at 8100. if you have good fuel it makes more power at 7800. 

Thats what I recall about the cat turbos.  7750-7800 was the peak power #.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Thats what I recall about the cat turbos.  7750-7800 was the peak power #.

On the stock tune at stock boost levels sure. That's not what we are discussing

Just now, f7ben said:

Why would it be faster at 7700 vs 8100?

It makes more power at 7800 as the timing is higher there. The only reason these guys where pushing tunes was they could offer stock clutching when they removed the rev limiter. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

It makes more power at 7800 as the timing is higher there. The only reason these guys where pushing tunes was they could offer stock clutching when they removed the rev limiter. 

Sweet fuck dude....

What's going to make more power

3 degrees of timing or 6lbs more boost

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sweet fuck dude....

What's going to make more power

3 degrees of timing or 6lbs more boost

You can run the same boost at 7800 on good fuel. I'm not arguing against 8100 for a trail sled running questionable fuel. 

Edited by jtssrx

Just now, jtssrx said:

You can run the same boost at 7800 in good fuel. I'm not arguing against 8100 for a trail sled running questionable fuel. 

Listen.....

Same exact pump fuel

7700 vs 8500

Which sled can be made faster

Just now, f7ben said:

Listen.....

Same exact pump fuel

7700 vs 8500

Which sled can be made faster

Loaded question. Does the sled detonate at 7700 on the Pump at the same Boost level as the 8500? If not then I say 7700 on the same boost level as 8500. When you say faster do you mean quicker or more MPH? 8500 is capable of more MPH as you MPH on the RPM. This is a proven fact. 

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Loaded question. Does the sled detonate at 7700 on the Pump at the same Boost level as the 8500? If not then I say 7700 on the same boost level as 8500. When you say faster do you mean quicker or more MPH? 8500 is capable of more MPH as you MPH on the RPM. This is a proven fact. 

Same fuel... one sled limited to 7700 and the other 8500 running the most boost they can without det.

Which one is quicker and faster?

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Same fuel... one sled limited to 7700 and the other 8500 running the most boost they can without det.

Which one is quicker and faster?

I say the 7700 is quicker and the 8500 can more MPH. the 7800 will make more power on the same boost as there is more timing there. The 8500 can pull more MPH. 8500 is good for almost 12mph over the 7700 on a gearing calculator. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

I say the 7700 is quicker and the 8500 can more MPH. the 7800 will make more power on the same boost as there is more timing there. The 8500 can pull more MPH. 8500 is good for almost 12mph over the 7700 on a gearing calculator. 

Dude.....max boost on pump fuel at 7700 vs max boost on pump fuel at 8500.

Why the fuck are you not answering??