Check your account email address ×

Hey @f7behnretard

Rod

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

So the doo 850 is faster then the cat

Like I said

The beauty of that turbo is its torque curve, its deliciously thick and early..

27 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Doo has the slowest 4 stroke turbo by a lot :flush: 

Thats ok.  The Cataha weighs a pretty fair amount more too.  I was surprised to not see any ‘official” times for the sled last year, and word was Skidoo didn’t want to over shadow their 850.  Works for me.  I never really lined up with anyone last year, but knew the few times I had it full squeeze that it was plenty fast.  

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

All you need to say

In a straight line, that's about it 

My 12 XF1100 turbo was the predecessor to the newer Tcats and Sidewinders, and definitely had more power than my 900turbo, but it was the first sled I felt like I really had to man handle it when riding hard.  Super stable though, its a good chassis imo.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

My 12 XF1100 turbo was the predecessor to the newer Tcats and Sidewinders, and definitely had more power than my 900turbo, but it was the first sled I felt like I really had to man handle it when riding hard.  Super stable though, its a good chassis imo.  

I much prefer the z1 

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Meh

I'll stick to my 2stroke 850 class leading beast  :bc:

IMG_20191216_163747023.thumb.jpg.78f8fe20b2cee369d0aec409d8bc874f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

I agree it has a lot of appeal. 

I turned mine into more of an offtrailer.  Another bonus with those turbos is the low end and ability to maintain track speed, which really helps in deep snow.  I’ll pay a little weight penalty for the tradeoff.  The Backcountry 146 with a 15x1.6 track has less footprint than my 16x137x1.75 track, which is the same track I had on my Freeride.  Granted its more to get unstuck, but given where I put this thing bone stock last winter, I can’t wait to see how it goes with the changes.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I turned mine into more of an offtrailer.  Another bonus with those turbos is the low end and ability to maintain track speed, which really helps in deep snow.  I’ll pay a little weight penalty for the tradeoff.  The Backcountry 146 with a 15x1.6 track has less footprint than my 16x137x1.75 track, which is the same track I had on my Freeride.  Granted its more to get unstuck, but given where I put this thing bone stock last winter, I can’t wait to see how it goes with the changes.

They just dont lay over at all

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They just dont lay over at all

True, but for back country exploring and unplowed logging roads it should be awesome.  Last year we were ripping through a power line in 4-5 ft of pow, and I was zipping along around 40 mph, and going right for a tree, at that speed it layed over just fine.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

True, but for back country exploring and unplowed logging roads it should be awesome.  Last year we were ripping through a power line in 4-5 ft of pow, and I was zipping along around 40 mph, and going right for a tree, at that speed it layed over just fine.  :lol: 

Lolz