Check your account email address ×

Where the constitution got it wrong.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Only the President and SC Justice can be impeached by another branch of govt.   Senators and house members impeach themselves.   

Not saying the President should have the power to remove someone from congress but them policing themselves obviously isn't working either.  

Edited by Highmark

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Only the President and SC Justice can be impeached by another branch of govt.   Senators and house members impeach themselves.   

Not saying the President should have the power to remove someone from congress but them policing themselves obviously isn't working either.  

They got it right. You don't want one person with the ability to dispose of all their rivals. That is a dictatorship.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

They got it right. You don't want one person with the ability to dispose of all their rivals. That is a dictatorship.

I don't like them policing themselves.   I suppose it was the only way.  

Just now, Highmark said:

I don't like them policing themselves.   I suppose it was the only way.  

The intent was the people would remove them at the polls. They never figured 40% of the population would never bother.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

The intent was the people would remove them at the polls. They never figured 40% of the population would never bother.

Same can be done with the POTUS and even more often than Senators. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Same can be done with the POTUS and even more often than Senators. 

I would actually not be surprised if that is the route McConnel goes . " At this point, being so close to the election, it is in the country's best interest to let the people decide"

49 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Did State legislatures have the ability to recall a Senator at anytime when they were still appointed? I’m going to guess so.

House members only have two year terms so people need to vote them out if they’re fuckups.

One big issue I see is how everyone is bringing up who is doing what now, and how they acted differently during the Clinton impeachment. Like if they were in office during the Clinton impeachment why in the fuck are they even still around 

1 minute ago, Tickle Shits said:

One big issue I see is how everyone is bringing up who is doing what now, and how they acted differently during the Clinton impeachment. Like if they were in office during the Clinton impeachment why in the fuck are they even still around 

Because everyone thinks their representative is fine, it’s just the other ones that need to go. :lol:

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Because everyone thinks their representative is fine, it’s just the other ones that need to go. :lol:

Well, not “everyone” just the hyper partisans that are deep into the identity politics game.

Unfortunately, DC has been able to grow these retards exponentially in the last 10-15.  They are the loudest and make the most distractions to run interference for their masters.

It’s brilliant, actually. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So HM is mad at Dems in Congress and says The Founding Fathers screwed up....but says he isn’t  a Trump ass kisser!!! :lol:

by stating the system of Congress policing them self is obviosly not working ? what part of that statement do you find to be untrue ? 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So HM is mad at Dems in Congress and says The Founding Fathers screwed up....but says he isn’t  a Trump ass kisser!!! :lol:

I said the founding fathers screwed up using the word "reasonable" in the fourth.   Is that make me a Trump ass kisser as well?

Your statement really doesn't make any sense but then again that's not surprising.  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

by stating the system of Congress policing them self is obviosly not working ? what part of that statement do you find to be untrue ? 

Oops.  :pc:

I'm surprised he didn't make my review of the 850 somehow about Trump.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I said the founding fathers screwed up using the word "reasonable" in the fourth.   Is that make me a Trump ass kisser as well?

Your statement really doesn't make any sense but then again that's not surprising.  

The wording of “reasonable” is fine to me and all others that know what that should consist of.  Problem is, we are now at a place where the Dems are no longer a reasonable party.  The Nazis were like this.  They just had guns and the will to use massive force.

Poor liberals.  Just name calling.  :lol:

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oops.  :pc:

I'm surprised he didn't make my review of the 850 somehow about Trump.  :lol:  

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The wording of “reasonable” is fine to me and all others that know what that should consist of.  Problem is, we are now at a place where the Dems are no longer a reasonable party.  The Nazis were like this.  They just had guns and the will to use massive force.

Poor liberals.  Just name calling.  :lol:

:lol:

Not me.   Reasonable left it too open to interpretation.   Its where probable cause has been taken too far.   Oh I smell pot please step out so I can search your car.    

The tough one is for example when an officer comes to a private residence and hears screams of someone being killed or raped then entering.   Not sure how the 4th could have been worded to cover that all the way back then without a word like "reasonable" in it.    

You only like the 850 because it has a "Patriot" engine in it.   Trumps uses the word Patriot too you Trump ass kisser.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark