Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

How about kick backs from drug companies?  we live in a "he's a pill" society - old people complain alot and take many pills for no reason other than profits

They (doctors) keep giving out pills and really have no idea what  you also taking, thankfully some Pharmacist catch the issues

The issue you bring up isn't going to stop and is nothing new

Trail

I've been to big pharma and these doctors your worried about are junior.

Try not to beat on them, ok.

AC

We talk about tax cuts making economy better, how is it that trump who has done zero, boosts about record Markets, most jobs, since ever in time, blah blah them tweets this just now

This is the right TAX CUT @ the RIGHT TIME. We will ALL succeed & grow TOGETHER – as one team, one people, & one American family

When economy CRASHES again and it will as done time and time again, those tax breaks will still be in play and donny will be back in business....  The People pay again

Tax cuts really don't drive business as proven over the decades - Back in the 70's when high taxation really began to stop it was due to not having to pay back debts as a country. Prior to that we taxed the ones with money to pay for our stuff, that ended under Nixon

Now we can lower the taxes on the Wealthy and corps (insane levels at one time) and every now and than a government wins (Mulroney) that will tells us we need to pay back some money. 

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

AC

We talk about tax cuts making economy better, how is it that trump who has done zero, boosts about record Markets, most jobs, since ever in time, blah blah them tweets this just now

This is the right TAX CUT @ the RIGHT TIME. We will ALL succeed & grow TOGETHER – as one team, one people, & one American family

When economy CRASHES again and it will as done time and time again, those tax breaks will still be in play and donny will be back in business....  The People pay again

Tax cuts really don't drive business as proven over the decades - Back in the 70's when high taxation really began to stop it was due to not having to pay back debts as a country. Prior to that we taxed the ones with money to pay for our stuff, that ended under Nixon

Now we can lower the taxes on the Wealthy and corps (insane levels at one time) and every now and than a government wins (Mulroney) that will tells us we need to pay back some money. 

The US economy is doing better simply because companies are investing and spending.  The economy goes in cycles with an expected pull back next year, are you going to blame Trudeau when that happens?  His policies are not helping any.

Yes, lets bring back the seventies, sorry but that's not happening same as disco, cockroach killers and Denny Terrio.

Yes tax cuts are the best way to stimulate growth.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

no, stimulus spending is the best.  You just finished 10 years of telling us how Harper spending saved us

And no I don't really give credit to the PM for much

During recessions, sure but not now, it just adds to inflation.  Lowering taxes stimulates growth.  Again what the PM and dodobird Moroneau are doing is gonna cripple our economy.

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/gwyn-morgan-how-trudeau-can-clear-these-dark-tax-reform-clouds-and-get-sunny-again#comments-area

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

During recessions, sure but not now, it just adds to inflation.  Lowering taxes stimulates growth.  Again what the PM and dodobird Moroneau are doing is gonna cripple our economy.

http://business.financialpost.com/opinion/gwyn-morgan-how-trudeau-can-clear-these-dark-tax-reform-clouds-and-get-sunny-again#comments-area

I am not arguing for Trudeau's business tax, still haven't looked into it too much

So you are saying that Trudeau's tax cut to income taxes stimulated our near doubled growth in just over 1 year? 

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes tax cuts are the best way to stimulate growth.

53 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You go with that.

Sorry I misunderstood your post above for meaning "tax cuts are the best way to stimulate growth"

Edited by 1trailmaker

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Sorry I misunderstood your post above for meaning "tax cuts are the best way to stimulate growth"

The growth is a blip almost entirely from the recovery in the energy sector.  The gains from the tax cuts are there but not the main driver.  Sadly the government was expecting a 2 billion revenue increase from raising taxes on the 1% but ended up with a 1 billion shortfall or a 3 billion deficit.  Just like the experts predicted, once taxes go above 50% its called confiscation rather than taxation and your revenues start to diminish.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The growth is a blip almost entirely from the recovery in the energy sector.  The gains from the tax cuts are there but not the main driver.  Sadly the government was expecting a 2 billion revenue increase from raising taxes on the 1% but ended up with a 1 billion shortfall or a 3 billion deficit.  Just like the experts predicted, once taxes go above 50% its called confiscation rather than taxation and your revenues start to diminish.

so its not the best way

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We have the inmates running the asylum right now.  I figured Bill would keep things positive but hes proven to be a waste.  Unlike Martin with side of the mouth.

For someone from the corporate world he seems awfully wishy washy.

35 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We have the inmates running the asylum right now.  I figured Bill would keep things positive but hes proven to be a waste.  Unlike Martin with side of the mouth.

so tax cuts from Conservatives are the best way to add growth?  Just trying to figure out your statement

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Across the board.  Not feeding welfare.

so corp/business tax reduction isn't going to stimulate growth unless everyone gets a break too?

so let me ask you, What do kind of growth do you think USA will have after Donny cuts taxes from 39% to 15%?  7 or 8 percent?

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so corp/business tax reduction isn't going to stimulate growth unless everyone gets a break too?

so let me ask you, What do kind of growth do you think USA will have after Donny cuts taxes from 39% to 15%?  7 or 8 percent?

Lots of businesses will migrate south to a more business friendly climate.  Do I need to spell the ways?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lots of businesses will migrate south to a more business friendly climate.  Do I need to spell the ways?

wow you keep jumping topics...  So we are passed the "tax cuts are the best way to get growth"  unless they are from liberals?

Like I said if they wish to move to the country with one of the Highest taxes in the developed world, let them go.  Add cost of their healthcare bill - I don't see anyone winning

I am going to bet 98% of business has no option to move even to another province

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

wow you keep jumping topics...  So we are passed the "tax cuts are the best way to get growth"  unless they are from liberals?

Like I said if they wish to move to the country with one of the Highest taxes in the developed world, let them go.  Add cost of their healthcare bill - I don't see anyone winning

I am going to bet 98% of business has no option to move even to another province

You're wrong.  Joe can't go anywhere, but the ones making more can and will.

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Tell someone starting out today with 95% of their income outside of canada that.

someone starting out today on their own will work through what it takes to make it, no different than 20 or 30 years ago just different hoops to jump through.

Most like you will stay in this great Country regardless of the situation -  Times are a changin