Check your account email address ×

C8 makes huge power on the dyno

Rod

3 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

My buddy works at GM in Warren Michigan at the Tech Center. He hand builds prototypes as they are being designed. He's been on this Corvette project from day one. They are having huge issues putting big power in the C8 as the floor pans twist. 

36 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

My buddy works at GM in Warren Michigan at the Tech Center. He hand builds prototypes as they are being designed. He's been on this Corvette project from day one. They are having huge issues putting big power in the C8 as the floor pans twist. 

In the prototypes yes 

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I heard that too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

So around 650 hp but only about tenth of a second or so faster everywhere then a c7 stingray with 450 hp?

Yah well they had 65 years to work on that platform this is a new game :) and not as all impressive unless your road racing at Le Mans  :)

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You’re comparing crank to rwhp. 

So the c8 has what according to the article...  520 something to the wheels.  C7 stingray has around 380 to 400 at the most to the wheels according to the vette forums

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So the c8 has what according to the article...  520 something to the wheels.  C7 stingray has around 380 to 400 at the most to the wheels according to the vette forums

520. Not 650 as you previously indicated. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

520. Not 650 as you previously indicated. 

From the article....

A quick math check reveals that's an estimated 656 hp and 606 lb-ft of torque at the crank if we assume a 15-percent drivetrain loss

c7 stingray was 455 at the crank...

Edited by BOHICA

A mustang dyno is one of the best dynos for tuning, but they aren’t the best for comparing hp because you can manipulate the readings with user inputs. Properly set they’ll read low, improperly set they’ll read high

a dynojet is better for comparing numbers. Way less to manipulate. 

34 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

From the article....

A quick math check reveals that's an estimated 656 hp and 606 lb-ft of torque at the crank if we assume a 15-percent drivetrain loss

c7 stingray was 455 at the crank...

455 at the crank? That’s ridiculous. My “09 3L 6 cylinder bmw was close to that with no bolt ons parts. Pathetic. No wonder why I won’t own an American car. 

Edited by spin_dry