Check your account email address ×

Jeep Grand Cherokee.. ..any good?

53 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

U make a move on that ex sport trac

Spent 4 hours with the kid detailing it today. He is pretty wore out, he's never done anything like that. We cleaned the fuck out of it. Compound buffed it, carnuba wax. Scrubbed the entire interior, steam cleaned the engine, blacked out all of the weathered plastics, etc... The windows have this tint film that is not doing well and doesn't clean up good. It's going to have to come off next. Thing looks like a million bucks tho. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Spent 4 hours with the kid detailing it today. He is pretty wore out, he's never done anything like that. We cleaned the fuck out of it. Compound buffed it, carnuba wax. Scrubbed the entire interior, steam cleaned the engine, blacked out all of the weathered plastics, etc... The windows have this tint film that is not doing well and doesn't clean up good. It's going to have to come off next. Thing looks like a million bucks tho. 

use steam as you peel that tint unless you want to be picking all day

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

use steam as you peel that tint unless you want to be picking all day

Ammonia will also work. That is why they tell you not to use a window cleaner that has ammonia in it on aftermarket tinted windows. No idea how well or how fast it works, however.

Quick search and found these. Looked like lots of info on it.

https://www.carbibles.com/steps-to-remove-window-tint/

32 minutes ago, Anler said:

What did you do on the weathered plastics?

I use my heat gun and slowly go over the plastic (bumper cover, running boards etc.)

23 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

What did you do on the weathered plastics?

I use my heat gun and slowly go over the plastic (bumper cover, running boards etc.)

I just use that back to black stuff. Rub it on. 

Just now, Anler said:

I just use that back to black stuff. Rub it on. 

In a couple of months after the plastic fade to gray again try the heat gun. The black plastic on the nerfed bars and rear bumper of her 2006 explorer were totally gray and starting to get some chalky spots. Took the heat gun to it and 2 years later the plastic is still black.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

In a couple of months after the plastic fade to gray again try the heat gun. The black plastic on the nerfed bars and rear bumper of her 2006 explorer were totally gray and starting to get some chalky spots. Took the heat gun to it and 2 years later the plastic is still black.

it's how i get the color back in my red panels on the freeride. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

what did ya get it for ?

4 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Thanks I will try it.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

will be gray in a month.  

No shit Sherlock. 

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

what did ya get it for ?

$4k