Check your account email address ×

Very cool SlipKnot song

Rod

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup.....and it kicks ass!!!!+1

I know each generation enjoys different music, mine was more about young loves and romance, later on more about anti-Vietnam, but some of this new stuff no matter how hard I try to understand it seems just terrible like the ones posted, I wouldn't listen to that if someone paid me to.

What you like today will be laughed at by new Generations to come and you'll understand what I'm saying now.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I know each generation enjoys different music, mine was more about young loves and romance, later on more about anti-Vietnam, but some of this new stuff no matter how hard I try to understand it seems just terrible like the ones posted, I wouldn't listen to that if someone paid me to.

What you like today will be laughed at by new Generations to come and you'll understand what I'm saying now.

I understand why people would like that. I grew up with it though. The first song posted reminds me more on NIN than slipknot. I like rock music from the late 60s through some stuff today. You always have an affinity for the bands you enjoyed in your young adulthood though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I understand why people would like that. I grew up with it though. The first song posted reminds me more on NIN than slipknot. I like rock music from the late 60s through some stuff today. You always have an affinity for the bands you enjoyed in your young adulthood though 

Duality is what hooked me into Slipknot which turned into one of my all time favourite album's

1 minute ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

I am too. I think that’s why I don’t care for Metallica very much 

Metallica, while more talented, is the AC/DC of metal music.  Sure, some good tunes and a few great tunes but in the end, they all kinda sound the same.

BTW, a piece of trivia...I read Metallica is the highest grossing band in history.  Wow.  Impressive!

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Metallica, while more talented, is the AC/DC of metal music.  Sure, some good tunes and a few great tunes but in the end, they all kinda sound the same.

BTW, a piece of trivia...I read Metallica is the highest grossing band in history.  Wow.  Impressive!

There’s a pile of talent in that band but Lars drumming just makes me angry 

Just now, 168hp CAT 800 said:

There’s a pile of talent in that band but Lars drumming just makes me angry 

Yeah.  A well spoken, educated sounding drummer that became the voice and face of that band....but, let's face it...mediocre talent.