Check your account email address ×

Dick's has destroyed $5 million worth of weapons, its CEO says

• Platinum Contributing Member

Only time I ever went to Dick's for hunting/shooting gear was a few years ago.   They had advertised a very good price on Rem Gun Club trap loads.   Like $4.93 a box.   I went to load up on them and the guy said they had one box in the store.  :lol:   I said the ad just came out this morning.   He just smiled.   Oldest advertising trick in the books.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Only time I ever went to Dick's for hunting/shooting gear was a few years ago.   They had advertised a very good price on Rem Gun Club trap loads.   Like $4.93 a box.   I went to load up on them and the guy said they had one box in the store.  :lol:   I said the ad just came out this morning.   He just smiled.   Oldest advertising trick in the books.   

Always way over priced  there 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Always way over priced  there 

Never really shopped there.   That deal on shells was on the front page of their Sunday sales flyer and was very solid.   I generally go thru a FFL dealer for trap shells by the pallet but this was a smoking deal. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Never really shopped there.   That deal on shells was on the front page of their Sunday sales flyer and was very solid.   I generally go thru a FFL dealer for trap shells by the pallet but this was a smoking deal. 

Have only ever gone there a couple of times.  They were always higher priced than Dunham's and they hardly ever had what you wanted in stick anyway.

Won't ever go there anymore.

Have only ever gone there a couple of times.  They were always higher priced than Dunham's and they hardly ever had what you wanted in stick anyway.

Won't ever go there anymore.

Why do lesbian's shop at Dunham's or Scheels?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Dick’s sucked (lol) a long time before they went full retard so, IDGAF.  The libtwats can have them....and Nike.

The gun manufactures are laughing at Dick's like the rest of us are laughing at the faggot OP of this thread :lol:

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I have always preferred Sportsman's Warehouse.  Dick's turn against firearms has no affect on me.  

Same here but some of these guys sure take this shit personal. 🤨

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I have always preferred Sportsman's Warehouse.  Dick's turn against firearms has no affect on me.  

Dunham's has always been #1 around here.  Dick's bowing down to the Libturd pussies is just more reasons for me not to shop there 

Dunham's has always been #1 around here.  Dick's bowing down to the Libturd pussies is just more reasons for me not to shop there 

I've never been to a Dunhams.  Heck I've never even heard of them before now.  Must be an upper Midwest store? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Same here but some of these guys sure take this shit personal. 🤨

You do understand there is a bigger agenda behind Dicks taking guns off it shelves. 

8 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The gun manufactures are laughing at Dick's like the rest of us are laughing at the faggot OP of this thread :lol:

Laughing and thanking.  So is the NRA.  I wonder if they’ve doubled the DNC’s funds yet.  :lmao:

Dick's Sporting Goods hires lobbyists on gun control

BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 05/03/18 08:00 PM EDT 2

Dick’s Sporting Goods has reportedly retained several lobbyists to urge lawmakers to take action on gun control, months after restricting gun sales in its stores.

The sporting-goods chain is working with three lobbyists from the Glover Park Group to take on the topic, Bloomberg reported Thursday, citing a disclosure form filed late last month.

The move comes after Dick’s announced following the mass shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school in February that it would stop selling assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.

The chain also said it would no longer sell guns to anyone under the age of 21 and later announced it would destroy some of the guns or accessories left in stock.

A spokesman for Dick’s declined to comment to Bloomberg for its report, and Glover Park didn’t respond to the outlet's requests for comment.

Dick’s CEO Edward Stack vowed to take action on gun violence after the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, which left 17 students and faculty dead.

"Based on what's happened, and looking at those kids and those parents, it moved us all unimaginably and to think about the loss and the grief that those kids and those parents had, we said, 'we need to do something,'" Stack said during a February interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

However, Bloomberg noted that it’s unusual for retailers to hire lobbyists on topics like guns, a move which could alienate some potential customers.

Several other retailers also chose to place restrictions on or entirely eliminate the selling of firearms after the Parkland shooting, including Walmart.