Check your account email address ×

Anybody have one of the new Ford Rangers

Just now, Big Crappie said:

I drove one 2 weeks ago. Liked it a lot. I'm going to drive a Colorado this week. I dont need or want a full size pick up but may end up with one.

For my money the half trucks do literally nothing better. 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I had a few of the small pickups back in the day and liked them (S10/ Dakota). I would be interested in the opinions on the newer versions.

I had a 97 ranger ex cab 4x4 and loved it. Did everything I needed and offroad it was awesome, especially in the woods. They were tough trucks.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

For my money the half trucks do literally nothing better. 

Offroad they are better. Other than that your right. The ranger I drove did handle quite a bit better than the f150 I drove the same day.

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

Offroad they are better. Other than that your right. The ranger I drove did handle quite a bit better than the f150 I drove the same day.

they are the same money and i like the aluminum body on the f150. Now if they were way less coin, then they may make sense.

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

For sure if trail riding is your thing than the smaller trucks are way better

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

they are the same money and i like the aluminum body on the f150. Now if they were way less coin, then they may make sense.

ANd that is what is going to kill their sales. The idea of the ranger used to be that it was a cheap truck to buy and a cheap truck to own.

9 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I don't even agree with that, they don't have the torque to wheel power out of shit like more cubic inches :guzzle: Yah am old 

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Not even better fuel economy complete waste of fucking time :guzzle:

Basically .....my dad has a little ranger 4x4 ex cab. It's a decent rig but you can hardly fit a fucking thing in it and it gets no better mileage than a full size

New ranger, like the colorado is too big IMO. Might as well get a 1/2 ton.  For side jobs I need a truck bed, but not a real truck.  Love my little ranger, I really wish they would make mini trucks again. All I need is an open space to throw a ladder, pressure washer and chemicals.  I like how low the bed sides are for loading stuff.  

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I don't even agree with that, they don't have the torque to wheel power out of shit like more cubic inches :guzzle: Yah am old 

STFU retard. Using that logic an F250 is better than a Rubicon off road. 

idiot. 

I got a whole $3k in this bad boy and it does everything I need.  The latest ranger should still be this size.  I hate calling it new since they never stopped making it, just stopped selling it here. 

20180906_180538.jpg

• Like 1