Check your account email address ×

GM’s third-quarter auto sales rise as waning demand for Ford trucks causes its sales to slip

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 10/2/2019 at 7:47 PM, Ez ryder said:

really ? my 12 has north of 160k just had my first semi  major issue . electric power steering rac went out.  my old 97 is still in my painters fleet with 300k and on its 2rd tranny and prob 30th coil Pac but otherwise still going .

My 150 has 185k on it. Just had to do a water pump.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

My 150 has 185k on it. Just had to do a water pump.

how old is yours? I have had to replace 2 of those plastic quick connect fittings 1 on h20 pump and 1 for tranny cooler . that is the shit on newer cars that drives me nuts . did the hose clamp really take that much time . 

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

how old is yours? I have had to replace 2 of those plastic quick connect fittings 1 on h20 pump and 1 for tranny cooler . that is the shit on newer cars that drives me nuts . did the hose clamp really take that much time . 

My buddy bought a brand new Super Duty a few months ago and the front end is clunking and giving him issues...Ford dealer said there is an issue and they have fixed  more than a few of them....his first Ford by the way.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

22 hours ago, snoughnut said:

On an over inflated msrp............whoopee 

That inflated MSRP is what our excise tax is based on. Buy a 45k truck for 30k, pay ann extra $360 to get it registered vs if you paid tax on sale price.

59 minutes ago, Snake said:

That inflated MSRP is what our excise tax is based on. Buy a 45k truck for 30k, pay ann extra $360 to get it registered vs if you paid tax on sale price.

yup,  ridiculous,  my Maine sales guys would be buying demo vehicles directly from GM for 30% off and getting reemed on the taxes.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My buddy bought a brand new Super Duty a few months ago and the front end is clunking and giving him issues...Ford dealer said there is an issue and they have fixed  more than a few of them....his first Ford by the way.

Both my 95 F250 and 99 F350 diesels had the same front end problems.  Nice to see 25 years later they got it all figured out. :lol:  Wtf 7 years at, 900 to a grand a month.  Sounds dreamy.

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

That's what you guys get for buying all the newer junk. My 2002 F150 has 208k and it's on the original water pump. :news: Although the body is disappearing quickly. :lol:

my 2012 F150 has 80,000 now. Still on original tires. Did brakes last year and had to replace a coolant fitting.

Other than that that's all the issues ive had so far. Im not buying another one cause I cant afford it.

42 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Both my 95 F250 and 99 F350 diesels had the same front end problems.  Nice to see 25 years later they got it all figured out. :lol:  Wtf 7 years at, 900 to a grand a month.  Sounds dreamy.

No kidding...I was really surprised he bought this thing as he honestly doesn't need a 3/4 Ton diesel especially a 70,000 dollar version but it’s his coin! :salute: