Check your account email address ×

UAW Strike

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

OK!

I think that if you boys want to throw personal insults and threats of violence, then you should find a forum that is more tolerant of this type of behavior.

27170DBA-4400-4A88-9D72-05BBC5EC371D.gif

no-chicklets-for.jpg.2c3f40a51f13255f51f5758cbb3f9ad9.jpg

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah cause I'd still be getting furloughed if the UAW wasn't on strike? My problem right now is the UAW! This has fucking zip to do with me and yet is taking money out of my pocket so someone else can get more themselves. How about I take 5 grand out of your checking account then turn to you and say "Sounds like your problem to me"?

At this point I feel like the whole UAW can die out and then I can watch all their people try and hold a jobs in right to work states. 

Maybe it’s time to find different employment instead of being concerned about gm union represented employees trying to get a pay raise.  Unemployment is at historic lows and there is all sorts of work out there.

plus Gm has an inventory of like 800,000 cars just sitting around so it’s not like GM is concerned about this.  Maybe another month or 2 and they might decide it’s time to negiotate in good faith.

18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: Ok...obviously you aren't reading or truly comprehending what I'm typing. So I won't sit here and talk to a wall anymore. 

Smart move and so true. :lmao:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Maybe it’s time to find different employment instead of being concerned about gm union represented employees trying to get a pay raise.  Unemployment is at historic lows and there is all sorts of work out there.

plus Gm has an inventory of like 800,000 cars just sitting around so it’s not like GM is concerned about this.  Maybe another month or 2 and they might decide it’s time to negiotate in good faith.

You make no sense but feel compelled to white night for another Union. Yeah, I'll just go and get another job because a bunch of union people aren't happy with theirs so they walk off and refuse to work.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

All I see is a lot of crying from you.

It's quite apparent you don't see shit but your next pay bump after the UAW whines on the side of the road again to get their way

• Like 1

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You make no sense but feel compelled to white night for another Union. Yeah, I'll just go and get another job because a bunch of union people aren't happy with theirs so they walk off and refuse to work.  :lol:

It's quite apparent you don't see shit but your next pay bump after the UAW whines on the side of the road again to get their way

I’m just saying if you are upset at YOUR situation with YOUR employment you could find other work vs blaming YOUR employment situation on someone else.

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I’m just saying if you are upset at YOUR situation with YOUR employment you could find other work vs blaming YOUR employment situation on someone else.

Using your logic why don't those striking workers find other work instead of blaming someone else and walking off the job? They are blaming their employment situation on someone else.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My situation is great and I have zero complaints with my job or my employer. I love what I do and working on the Bronco. What I'm not happy with is the actions of others (read UAW) are starting to cost me money. Hell they are starting to talk about if this drags on a lot longer it could possibly plunge the state into a recession. I don't know how true that is but if that's the affect then there will be a whole state "whining". 

GM is sitting on a bunch of cash from their record profits and also has a ton of cars waiting to be sold yet so I'm not sure they are in a hurry to settle with the UAW for anything less then what they want to settle for. I was told from the CEO here that Ford isn't in the same financial situation so they might be able to settle and give in to UAW's demands. Although today there was some positive news with the UAW and Ford though. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Using your logic why don't those striking workers find other work instead of blaming someone else and walking off the job? They are blaming their employment situation on someone else.

Are the striking workers on or off the job?  

UAW strike against General Motors raises fears of recession in Michigan

John Gallagher, Detroit Free PressPublished 8:00 a.m. ET Oct. 4, 2019 | Updated 6:39 p.m. ET Oct. 4, 2019

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

The longer the UAW strike lingers against General Motors, the greater the fear that the dispute will tip Michigan into a one-state recession.

Multiple economic analysts are already sounding the alarm.

“As of this first week in October, the region’s recession-related indicators are flashing yellow or even red,” Patrick Anderson of the East Lansing-based Anderson Economic Group said in a new analysis this week of the impact of the GM strike, now almost three weeks old.

Talks were to resume Friday morning, the 19th day of the strike, after negotiators met into the evening again Thursday. 

“Even if the strike ends today,” Anderson said in his analysis released Wednesday, “the damage will continue to ripple through the fabric of the state’s economy.”

That damage comes in many forms, from GM's lost production and profits to lost wages for striking UAW members, the lost wages for workers laid off at supplier firms caught in the fallout of the GM-UAW dispute, and the collateral damage to everything from grocery stores to hairdressers as tens of thousands of residents reduce their spending.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/business/john-gallagher/2019/10/04/gm-strike-update-uaw-recession/3854135002/

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Are the striking workers on or off the job?  

They aren't working...if most people walked off their jobs they would lose said job. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

My situation is great and I have zero complaints with my job or my employer. I love what I do and working on the Bronco. What I'm not happy with is the actions of others (read UAW) are starting to cost me money. Hell they are starting to talk about if this drags on a lot longer it could possibly plunge the state into a recession. I don't know how true that is but if that's the affect then there will be a whole state "whining". 

GM is sitting on a bunch of cash from their record profits and also has a ton of cars waiting to be sold yet so I'm not sure they are in a hurry to settle with the UAW for anything less then what they want to settle for. I was told from the CEO here that Ford isn't in the same financial situation so they might be able to settle and give in to UAW's demands. Although today there was some positive news with the UAW and Ford though. 

So you are upset at the auto worker for YOUR employer not giving you $5k

Edited by BOHICA
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Why don't you start another thread about MY pay. Maybe that will ease your massive amount of butt hurt. 

And then stupid fuck lazy ass Jimmy Pouts can jump in and give you another reach around. 

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Typical Liberal behavior. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

They aren't working. 

So they are upset with there employer and their situation and walked off the job.

skidooski is upset at not getting paid $5k from his employer so he blames it on the Auto workers.  He could go find something else to do that would pay him $5k

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Why don't you start another thread about MY pay. Maybe that will ease your massive amount of butt hurt. 

And then stupid fuck lazy ass Jimmy Pouts can jump in and give you another reach around. 

My pay is being taken because the UAW strike...this is the correct thread for that. 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

So you are upset at the auto worker for YOUR employer not giving you $5k

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Not lazy and don't need union work rules to protect me unlike you and it cracks :lmao: me up you keep calling everybody liberals considering that historically Union=Democrats. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

First thing I thought when I first started reading.....  Blaming someone else for Their own situation.  That is as liberal as liberal can be.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So they are upset with there employer and their situation and walked off the job.

skidooski is upset at not getting paid $5k from his employer so he blames it on the Auto workers.  He could go find something else to do that would pay him $5k

I need to go get another job simply becaue the UAW isn't happy with theirs??? Holy fuck are you union people brain washed

Listen, union people do you thing, get your pay increases whatever. Just don't affect may pay in the process. Why is this so hard for the Union type to understand?

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

No shit...are they losing their jobs? Are they being fired? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not lazy and don't need union work rules to protect me unlike you and it cracks :lmao: me up you keep calling everybody liberals considering that historically Union=Democrats. 

Yea, you go with that fatso.

Just now, BOHICA said:

First thing I thought when I first started reading.....  Blaming someone else for Their own situation.  That is as liberal as liberal can be.

Bingo

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea, you go with that fatso.

Bingo

Not my fault you don't understand history and need The UAW to wipe your ass...very proud of ya!

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No shit...are they losing their jobs? Are they being fired? 

Nope.  Doesn’t sound like skidooski lost his either.  He is just in the same situation as the autoworkers.....  not working

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I need to go get another job simply becaue the UAW isn't happy with theirs??? Holy fuck are you union people brain washed

Listen, union people do you thing, get your pay increases whatever. Just don't affect may pay in the process. Why is this so hard for the Union type to understand?

Look at who you're talking to....

Just now, BOHICA said:

Nope.  Doesn’t sound like skidooski lost his either.  He is just in the same situation as the autoworkers.....  not working

They aren't working by their choice....their tantrum is affecting his work...union twats.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks