Check your account email address ×

A sell-off worse than December can arrive in a week, says analyst who is predicting 'Lehman-like' drop

To be honest that looks like a whole lotta bullshit. A massive hedge fund sell off worse than 2008? If so why? Where is the global catastrophe like 2008? Everyone is calling it but nobody is saying what is triggering it. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

To be honest that looks like a whole lotta bullshit. A massive hedge fund sell off worse than 2008? If so why? Where is the global catastrophe like 2008? Everyone is calling it but nobody is saying what is triggering it. 

Of course it is.  Bunch of betas trying for 5 minutes of fame.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Of course it is.  Bunch of betas trying for 5 minutes of fame.

2008 was massive fraud and world wide chaos. But we all know what did it, after the fact. These doom and gloomers are just saying "Its right around the corner, could be any day now!" but what? what is about to be exposed? where is the massive bubble getting ready to pop? 

36 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why? Global debt. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Why? Global debt. 

Yeah but so what? There is always going to be global debt. What happens in Argentina doesnt necessarily mean disaster for us. 

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah but so what? There is always going to be global debt. What happens in Argentina doesnt necessarily mean disaster for us. 

It really doesn’t matter. Can’t control anything about it. It’s foolish to worry about what’s to come. I do think it’s foolish not to heed the signs. 

50 minutes ago, Anler said:

2008 was massive fraud and world wide chaos. But we all know what did it, after the fact. These doom and gloomers are just saying "Its right around the corner, could be any day now!" but what? what is about to be exposed? where is the massive bubble getting ready to pop? 

It looked pretty calm when it did go down and everyone missed it.

My point has always been the people you want to manage your money DO NOT make market predictions, they just find the best investments and keep delivering.

I don't hold anything that does not beat the index it's measured against and that strategy isn't changing anytime soon.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

The ingrediants are not in place yet. When gas hits $3.75 a gal , Ill be concerned.

This guy is a brilliant strategist. Hes saying we could experience a selloff much worse than what occured last december. The catalysts are in place for that. Read the whole article. Its setting up to be Dec 2018 plus some.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This guy is a brilliant strategist. Hes saying we could experience a selloff much worse than what occured last december. The catalysts are in place for that. Read the whole article. Its setting up to be Dec 2018 plus some.

Something big has to trigger the sell off. He doesn't say what that is. 

Well then?

It was recession fears and a fed not doing what the market wanted.

We have all that plus some along with increased global pressure and a massive trade war.

It could happen quick 

Just now, f7ben said:

We have all that plus some along with increased global pressure and a massive trade war.

It could happen quick 

Ben I've been hearing about the doom and gloom since the last recession and if I was dumb enough to listen to the fucking nobodies making those statements, I would have a lot less.  :bc:

It will happen when nobody is expecting it, along with the recovery, it takes two to time.  Sure it can be done by about 0.1% of those managing wealth, certainly not by the ones taking clues from junior achiever central.

Ben I've been hearing about the doom and gloom since the last recession and if I was dumb enough to listen to the fucking nobodies making those statements, I would have a lot less.  :bc:

It will happen when nobody is expecting it, along with the recovery, it takes two to time.  Sure it can be done by about 0.1% of those managing wealth, certainly not by the ones taking clues from junior achiever central.

Well....if I hadn't had taken a short position in march I'd be 9% less in my 401k right now. I still wouldnt own a single equity right now.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well....if I hadn't had taken a short position in march I'd be 9% less in my 401k right now. I still wouldnt own a single equity right now.

Well last check I was up over 16% YTD on my equity portfolio.  There is no better long term strategy, but I would be concerned if I was investing fresh positions in equities for a short timeline, that is why I decided to diversify into private equity that has no correlation to the public markets.

Fyi, there is no tried and true plan for everyone.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Well last check I was up over 16% YTD on my equity portfolio.  There is no better long term strategy, but I would be concerned if I was investing fresh positions in equities for a short timeline, that is why I decided to diversify into private equity that has no correlation to the public markets.

Fyi, there is no tried and true plan for everyone.

I agree....

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It could happen quick 

ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ben.gif.9eb86ce516a670d13518c4330f88cc45.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

What triggered the selloff last december?

Uhhh news that all of those banks were holding trillions in bad loans? AND many countries pensions were loaded with worthless paper...

What I hate about the market is that it runs on fear and sentiment. The economy is good, so there's no REAL REASON  for a sell-off. Panic could set in, and there it goes!!! BOOM!!!! Major sell-off. 

Short Pants was right...………...I shouldda' got out sooner. :mc: