Check your account email address ×

Aqib Talib hospitalized with gunshot wound to leg

Why do so many NFL stars seem to be involved in shootings?

Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib was shot in the leg on Sunday morning in Dallas, the team announced.

The Broncos later announced that Talib is still being treated at a Dallas area hospital, though, there are conflicting reports whether Talib has been released from the hospital.

"We've spoken with Aqib Talib, who is being treated at a Dallas hospital for a gunshot wound to his leg," the Tweet, via team public relations vice president Patrick Smyth, read. "He's OK & we're gathering more info."

Talib, 30, spent his high school years in the Dallas area. He went to high school at Lloyd V. Berkner.

The cornerback is in the middle of a six-year, $57 million contract with the defending Super Bowl champion Broncos that he signed back in 2014. This past season was perhaps his finest in the NFL, with three interceptions and two pick-six's on top of 39 tackles. His coverage skills helped propel the best pressure defense in the league.

However, Talib is no stranger to trouble in Texas, including an assault with a deadly weapon case that was later dismissed. He was also the subject of an aggravated assault charge a few years later. The investigation was suspended due to a lack of evidence.

Around The NFL will have more on this story as the situation develops.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000666908/article/aqib-talib-hospitalized-with-gunshot-wound-to-leg?campaign=tw-nf-sf28026896-sf28026896

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Why do so many NFL stars seem to be involved in shootings?

I blame the NRA.  Or, wait a minute....there just may be another underlying common denominator...let me check.........

• Like 1

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Apparently he lives on the  edge on and off the field.

I just don't get it. You are sitting on top of contracts worth millions of dollars, and yet you are still a gang banger like Arron Hernandez?

Some of them don't fawk with guns or even get shot at..they just beat their wife's or girlfriends.

I'm just about over football..especially after rooting for the Bills for the last 15 years..the 4 or 5 before that were good.

Look guys, until this nation elects a minority democratic president to get a handle on this situation, we're gonna continue to see these problems from the minority population.  It's a societal problem.  We should look for a candidate that has been successful in his own city combating crime and violence.  Maybe even a city in the mid-west.

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep....and it's pretty much been taken away from the parents too.

Exactly :bc:

My 1st grade teacher picked me up by the ear, I never did that again , LOL

We've rarely physically punished our daughter, but it has happened and I know it left an impression she'll never forget.  

When it comes down to it, some of our actions deserve swift and painful consequences.  There are a lot of adults (and more coming) that say what they want and do what they want because they've never had to pay any consequences, and never think they will.  I find it both bizarre and comical.  

And like the kid that was pleaded with at dinner to behave.  Imagine his surprise in a few year when somebody put their hands on him.

Do any of you remember your dad just giving you "the look" that straightened your ass right up!  I do.  And guess how we all know what that look meant?  Because there wasn't a second look that one time.  Ouchy!  

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 1

Chit when I was 13 or so the principle was still lining jerks up like me to wack us on the ass while we leaned over his desk. ..he had holes drilled into that paddle and he was like 6'6 and 230..strong fawker he was. 

What's with all of these "participation medals" being handed out today? How are kids going to learn to try harder when they get rewarded for being at or below average?

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

What's with all of these "participation medals" being handed out today? How are kids going to learn to try harder when they get rewarded for being at or below average?

IMO, it's The far lefty liberal way.  The ones that work harder and produce exceptional results are stripped of their excellence so all are mediocre on a playing field tilted for the lowest achievers.  Sadly, this doesn't work in the real world.  But they're working on that too.:wall:

One of the proudest moments of my life as a father was when we moved into our current house.  My daughter was 14 at the time and she only out about half of her medals and trophies on her shelf.  I asked her where the rest were and she said, "Those are the ones I actually feel like I've earned.  I don't care about the other ones."  

I'm tearing up just thinking about it again.  ATTA GIRL!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 1

My wife and I have been lucky with our two boys.  Aside from a light swat on their asses to get their attention when they were young a couple times, I have never had to use any physical force to get them to act proper.  They always knew that I meant what I said and there would be consequences if they act up.  Offer the years we've got lots of compliments for how well behaved they are in public, and we let them know we're proud of them for not acting like rotten little fuckers like some of their peers.  They are just starting into their teenage years, hopefully the good behaviour continues.  I feel bad for some of the parents that have to deal with ignorant little pricks, but they make their own beds by letting the kids do and say whatever the fuck they please.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

It is all about positive reinforcement, with no negative comments.

I have had young guys crumble at work after I critical of what they were doing.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We've rarely physically punished our daughter, but it has happened and I know it left an impression she'll never forget.  

When it comes down to it, some of our actions deserve swift and painful consequences.  There are a lot of adults (and more coming) that say what they want and do what they want because they've never had to pay any consequences, and never think they will.  I find it both bizarre and comical.  

And like the kid that was pleaded with at dinner to behave.  Imagine his surprise in a few year when somebody put their hands on him.

Do any of you remember your dad just giving you "the look" that straightened your ass right up!  I do.  And guess how we all know what that look meant?  Because there wasn't a second look that one time.  Ouchy!  

Ahhhhh, the look.

I knew it well :bc:

Shit   if you were acting up in the store my mom would have no problem throwing a back hand. 

3 hours ago, ckf said:

I just don't get it. You are sitting on top of contracts worth millions of dollars, and yet you are still a gang banger like Arron Hernandez?

NFL teams aren't looking for character, they are looking for performance and performance comes from all walks of life. It really just proves the old adage that money does not buy happiness.

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

NFL teams aren't looking for character, they are looking for performance and performance comes from all walks of life. It really just proves the old adage that money does not buy happiness.

Patriots did not aggressively try to resign Talib because he's another Hernandez in the making and they knew it .    This clown is dead or in prison within 5 years.   :bc:

9 hours ago, stealth bomber said:

My wife and I have been lucky with our two boys.  Aside from a light swat on their asses to get their attention when they were young a couple times, I have never had to use any physical force to get them to act proper.  They always knew that I meant what I said and there would be consequences if they act up.  Offer the years we've got lots of compliments for how well behaved they are in public, and we let them know we're proud of them for not acting like rotten little fuckers like some of their peers.  They are just starting into their teenage years, hopefully the good behaviour continues.  I feel bad for some of the parents that have to deal with ignorant little pricks, but they make their own beds by letting the kids do and say whatever the fuck they please.  

X2, got to really work on the attitude when they're young. Otherwise it gets worse as teenagers. I've seen plenty of examples of bad parenting from friends. It's pretty easy for me to spot who's going to have problems later. A lot of work early on pays dividends later. 

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Or the one that says you can take the boy out of the hood....