Check your account email address ×

When the cover is better then the original.

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That’s a good one too!

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Help dealing with the likes of you...you're more delusional than I thought. 

:lol: 

I haven’t done anything yet.   :dunno:

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Nope....  just pretty much in a few years who ever  listened to them will be dead and nobody will listen to them

All my daughters disagree.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The Who?  The fucking Who?  Because that’s what rock music needs, more organ music!!!  (And cowbell!!!)  The Who and The Grateful Dead are alive because stoners melted all their good hearing away an can’t keep a good tune in their head anymore.  That’s it.  

33 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Hate to say it but after this diatribe I agree with Smales. You're a dumbfuck. :bc:

Saved me typing.

1 minute ago, Duke KaBoom said:

FFDP is mindless drivel 

It speaks to a lot of people.

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

The Who.....  anybody that enjoys their music will most likely be dead in a decade or 2.  So The Who will not be one of the greats as the ones that think they are great will be dead....

:lol:Saying LB's version is better than the Who's. Did you even listen to Dertz's singing? I can sing better than that and I can't even sing. Good luck with Dertz reaching any of the high notes that Daltry can do easily.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

FFDP is mindless drivel 

I dig ‘em!!!!!  Some good shit!!!

Now “The Who”?  I’d stab my eardrums out if that was all that was all the music left in the world.  Or APC....I’d stab my eyes out too!!!

• Like 1

Let's hear Ditz reach some of these high notes. :lol:

Saying a shitty band is better than the original they are trying to imitate is absolutely hilarious, especially Ditz trying to be Daltry. :groin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I dig ‘em!!!!!  Some good shit!!!

Now “The Who”?  I’d stab my eardrums out if that was all that was all the music left in the world.  Or APC....I’d stab my eyes out too!!!

Virtually all of my teenage years were in the '70's.  I can barely stand to listen to any of that music today.  Most Zeplin songs and 1 or 2 songs from any other band from that era is about all I can take and.  I love Alternative Rock and hip hop from the 90's and 2000's.  That is the kind of music that moves my soul.  

7 minutes ago, irv said:

:lol:Saying LB's version is better than the Who's. Did you even listen to Dertz's singing? I can sing better than that and I can't even sing. Good luck with Dertz reaching any of the high notes that Daltry can do easily.

He made it boring as fuck. some good but dreary almost.    not a fraction of the emotion the tune deserves.

6 minutes ago, irv said:

Let's hear Ditz reach some of these high notes. :lol:

Saying a shitty band is better than the original they are trying to imitate is absolutely hilarious, especially Ditz trying to be Daltry. :groin:

I can't wait till someone makes a cover of this song.  

Just now, old indy said:

He made it boring as fuck. some good but dreary almost.    not a fraction of the emotion the tune deserves.

Couldn't agree more. Personally, and I'm sure if you asked Dertz himself, he'd say the same thing. He likes the song and The Who, obviously, but even he knows he is no Roger Daltry. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Virtually all of my teenage years were in the '70's.  I can barely stand to listen to any of that music today.  Most Zeplin songs and 1 or 2 songs from any other band from that era is about all I can take and.  I love Alternative Rock and hip hop from the 90's and 2000's.  That is the kind of music that moves my soul.  

You are a tad older than I am but, most popular classic rock just never did it for me.  Aerosmith, Boston, The Eagles and a small sampling of some others is about all I’d consider.  Never liked Led Zepplin, the Stones, The Who, The Doors, Floyd, etc...

I like the new rock and alternative also.  Never could do rap...or just little of it.

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I can't wait till someone makes a cover of this song.  

There are very few songs better than the originals but that all changes if you have never heard either version before, ever, then it comes down to a personal choice which you like better. Many kids hear newer versions of songs the band/group they are listening to, is paying homage to but have no idea the song is not theirs.

I am not saying I don't prefer some different versions of some songs myself, but with a modern spin/tech put on the original, it simply isn't fair to compare the 2 sometimes.