Check your account email address ×

Beto O’Rourke Proposes ‘War Tax’ On Everyone Who Hasn’t Served In The Military

https://twitter.com/thebra

Are neither you nor a family member a current or former member of the U.S. armed forces? There might be a tax for that. 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke proposed a “war tax” Monday as part of the former Texas congressman’s plan to support veterans and spread the burden of military conflict.

O’Rourke’s “war tax” is part of the candidate’s new plan to provide better services to the nation’s veterans and to end the “Forever Wars” in the Middle East.

“The time has come to cancel the blank check for endless war and to ensure that any future engagements are the result of a national conversation about our security interests and duly authorized by Congress,” O’Rourke’s plan states.

The new tax, according to O’Rourke, would apply to households that lack either current or former members of the military. Qualifying households with an income below $30,000 a year would pay $25, and those making under $40,000 annually would pay $57. Households with an income below $50,000 would pay $98, those making less than $75,000 would pay $164 and those under $100,000 would pay $270. Households making less than $200,000 would pay $485 and those making above $200,000 would pay $1,000.

dfordfile/status/1143542856751226880 https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/25/beto-orourke-proposes-war-tax-everyone-hasnt-served-military/

• Platinum Contributing Member

With this many candidates its going to be fun to see what new taxes and free shit they can come up with.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why?

Because if we actually had to pay for wars out of our paychecks each week there would never be another war and then military would shrink considerably.

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Because if we actually had to pay for wars out of our paychecks each week there would never be another war and then military would shrink considerably.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

How about these faggots in DC quit going to war...does Beto really think this tax will prevent that?

Sure...we have zero power.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

How about these faggots in DC quit going to war...does Beto really think this tax will prevent that?

How about people quit voting in warmongering pieces of shit.....if the cost hit your paycheck people wouldnt be so gung ho to send 18 year olds to the sandbox for no reason

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How about people quit voting in warmongering pieces of shit.....if the cost hit your paycheck people wouldnt be so gung ho to send 18 year olds to the sandbox for no reason

I agree...but it seems the war mongers are

always there regardless of who we elect. 

When will the likes of Bolton and Pompeo die off?

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree...but it seems the war mongers are

always there regardless of who we elect. 

When will the likes of Bolton and Pompeo die off?

Bhen and anler have the solution to almost all out problems many times-  all boomers must kill themselves to save this country  

Check is in the mail. LMAO!!!! 

I respect anyone who served in the military, however I despise our past leaders who got us into these never-ending disasters. 

The Middle East will be our next Vietnam. All unnecessary fraud. 

Surprising thing is, MANY families think fighting and dying, if necessary, in the military, is the greatest calling in life. Many people think our engagement in these wars is a great and patriotic thing. 

I don't share those sentiments. 

Some people didn't like it when I didn't go to Viet Nam, and they were family friends.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sure...we have zero power.

More money in the coffers the more likely we are to increase military spending and in turn use it where we shouldn't.

The real goal is shrinking the size of govt.   Its the size of govt (power over us) the war mongers want to protect.....not the people.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

More money in the coffers the more likely we are to increase military spending and in turn use it where we shouldn't.

The real goal is limiting size of govt.   Its the size of govt the war mongers want to protect.....not the people.  

The tax would not be more money in the coffers......they just deficit spend to whatever level they want without any accountability as it is.

I think the entire military budget and war budgets should be payroll deductible 

Let's let people see how damaging our fucking retarded military really is and hit them right in the paycheck with it

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Good plan

yup. I bet there would be a waiver available for children of congress and US aristocrats however. Like a you got bone spurs type waiver.. .

Just now, Anler said:

If we are going to wage perpetual war at approching $1 trillion dollar a year we need to fund it. War tax is the responsible thing to do. 

Exactly.....we would see how quickly retarded bootlicking fucks go from cheering on the useless war to joining the code pink protests if they actually had to put some skin in the game

Just now, f7ben said:

The tax would not be more money in the coffers......they just deficit spend to whatever level they want without any accountability as it is.

I think the entire military budget and war budgets should be payroll deductible 

Let's let people see how damaging our fucking retarded military really is and hit them right in the paycheck with it

I'm all for check boxes on my taxes deciding where my money goes. :thumbsup:  Could you imagine that.  :lol:  

Reality is the military and war budgets are payroll deductible.  

Just now, f7ben said:

Exactly.....we would see how quickly retarded bootlicking fucks go from cheering on the useless war to joining the code pink protests if they actually had to put some skin in the game

Yup. I dont know if they will be Obamacare outraged but start hitting people in the paycheck and then they start to get unpatriotic real quick. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm all for check boxes on my taxes deciding where my money goes. :thumbsup:  Could you imagine that.  :lol:  

Reality is the military and war budgets are payroll deductible.  

If people had to pay for imperialism it would stop in an instant. That's a fact

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

If people had to pay MORE for imperialism it would stop in an instant. That's a fact

I agree with that but we already are paying for it.  

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree with that but we already are paying for it.  

How are we paying? We run deficits every year about equal to our defense spending. 

Just now, f7ben said:

How are we paying? We run deficits every year about equal to our defense spending. 

Fed state and local govt's collect $7 trillion in taxes.   How do you determine exactly that only defense is "deficit" spending?  

If I gave you $1000 to pay for your monthly utilities bills then you went out and bought a new sled how do I know what my money actually went for?   You still had utility bills coming.