Check your account email address ×

Amazon's next big thing may redefine big

Am I wrong here?  So Amazon uses it's mega profits made from selling shit to the general public, and so to turn around and invest such profits into technology to more/less spy on what each individual's private life on a day to day basis, of that general public, and perhaps sell that information to government entities and such?

This doesn't sound right.

Maybe they ought to just take there winnings and be happy?  Each buy a private island somewhere and relax a bit?

24 minutes ago, hayward said:

Am I wrong here?  So Amazon uses it's mega profits made from selling shit to the general public, and so to turn around and invest such profits into technology to more/less spy on what each individual's private life on a day to day basis, of that general public, and perhaps sell that information to government entities and such?

This doesn't sound right.

Maybe they ought to just take there winnings and be happy?  Each buy a private island somewhere and relax a bit?

It's not new, been going on for a while. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's not new, been going on for a while. 

The idea of a shit sandwich has been  around for a long while now, too.  You gonna try to convince me it tastes better now than it ever did?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Im really not a fan of Amazon, I've bought maybe 3 things from there in my life. I shop local and with small businesses

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Im really not a fan of Amazon, I've bought maybe 3 things from there in my life. I shop local and with small businesses

I buy shit from them all the time. It’s simply way too convenient not to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hayward said:

The idea of a shit sandwich has been  around for a long while now, too.  You gonna try to convince me it tastes better now than it ever did?

Depends who is making it.

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I buy shit from them all the time. It’s simply way too convenient not to. 

I'm not lazy and I like social interaction

I buy shit from Amazon that I can’t get locally...we have a great hardware store but other than it’s all tourist bullshit stores. If that makes me lazy and socially retarded than so be it. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I buy shit from Amazon that I can’t get locally...we have a great hardware store but other than it’s all tourist bullshit stores. If that makes me lazy and socially retarded than so be it. 

Don’t you get that great fudge by you? Can’t recall the name. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Don’t you get that great fudge by you? Can’t recall the name. 

Murdicks maybe...a lot of fudge shops on Mackinac Island as well. 

23 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

One of my buds sells a lot of stuff online. He says at least 75% of it is to places like where you live. I have like 5 tire stores within a mile or two of my house, but I know it’s not like that everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

One of my buds sells a lot of stuff online. He says at least 75% of it is to places like where you live. I have like 5 tire stores within a mile or two of my house, but I know it’s not like that everywhere.

When we first moved here in 1975 there was a sporting goods store, two hardware stores, a shoe store, several clothing stores...etc.....downtown. Now most of that  is gone replaced by boutiques and seasonal bullshit t shirt stores and the like. I understand this is a very tough area to run a year round business...Petoskey is only 20 miles away and they have pretty much everything you need.