Check your account email address ×

Ban legalized bullying!

8 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Stop playing dodgeball! And to think we used to call it "Smear the queer"  :lol: 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/dodgeball-dangerous-stop-ubc-professor-1.5161403

That was so damn fun!! :lol:  Lost a little luster when they went to huge nerf balls when I was in 8th grade.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

when my son was in first grade they used to play wall ball.  it was banned because my son and his group of friends were "too competitive"  SMH being competitive is good

very good

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

smear the queer was a different game than dodgeball tho ...

Fordy finally gets one right and it involves queers....shocker! :green:

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Bullying prepares a person for some of life’s future struggles involving conflict. There’s simply no way to stop it. Yet serialized bullying that goes on non-stop in school and on social media needs intervening. Male bullies are typically stupid, low IQ sub humans that have a shit face for a father. Female bullies are crafty, manipulative bitches that recruit accomplices to torture their prey. Probably one of the main reasons you see more girls killing themselves. I’m actually thankful for the two bullies I encountered in school. They taught me a lesson in human conflict. Those things are supposed to happen when we’re young. 

I agree.   Not even so much being “bullied,  there is  going to be people who don’t like you,  Teachers,  students,  bosses,  colleagues.  We need to allow kids to experience minor conflict, so they are not destroyed by inevitable major conflict later in life.   

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I agree.   Not even so much being “bullied,  there is  going to be people who don’t like you,  Teachers,  students,  bosses,  colleagues.  We need to allow kids to experience minor conflict, so they are not destroyed by inevitable major conflict later in life.   

Conflict resolution is a major skill of successful people. I've had several great mentors who taught me there is always a better way of doing things and solving problems. It can change the way you look at everything. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anler said:

Conflict resolution is a major skill of successful people. I've had several great mentors who taught me there is always a better way of doing things and solving problems. It can change the way you look at everything. 

Composure. It’s the key ingredient. 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

It really is.

It’s that way with everything in life. A massive skill base without composure is completely useless. Many people today just can’t take a punch in the nose without losing it. Conversely it’s the reason why society has become so sterile. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

It’s that way with everything in life. A massive skill base without composure is completely useless. Many people today just can’t take a punch in the nose without losing it. Conversely it’s the reason why society has become so sterile. 

Lots of people had bad role models and teachers. My father was a terrible example. He was a yeller and a fighter. 

4 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

exactly, because if they do not become school shooters they become cops and take out their rage on the public. Losers in school become cops, that is a fact. Some may have won a spelling bee or two but got their asses kicked on the playground.

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Bullying prepares a person for some of life’s future struggles involving conflict. There’s simply no way to stop it. Yet serialized bullying that goes on non-stop in school and on social media needs intervening. Male bullies are typically stupid, low IQ sub humans that have a shit face for a father. Female bullies are crafty, manipulative bitches that recruit accomplices to torture their prey. Probably one of the main reasons you see more girls killing themselves. I’m actually thankful for the two bullies I encountered in school. They taught me a lesson in human conflict. Those things are supposed to happen when we’re young. 

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!