Check your account email address ×

Required viewing for deniers

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I

They have said the climate was changing in 1967..I was part of a Government study for a new mini Ice age coming in the near future..now it's warming.. FOLLOW THE MONEY!!

I did follow the money. Fossil fuel industry is outspending everyone. 

2 hours ago, irv said:

That is all based on fear mongering and speculation to fool everyone. We have had forest fires, droughts, floods, etc, forever. Look it up. Also, since when does Mother Nature follow some sort of rules? Is she only suppose to allow these things every 100 years, and if so, who told her? 

It's great that we have cleaner air, etc, but that is not MMGW; that is pollution, which, I think, should have been the main focus all along instead of some concocted B.S. story that we are responsible for melting the icebergs, forest fires, floods and droughts. Do you think we are also responsible for earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and Tsunamis as well? 

This green movement has gone way too far! Pollution is one thing and MMGW is another. The green movement wants us to rely on solar and wind only but it has been proven time and time again, that is not feasible. Also, why is this movement all based on lies? Why not tell us the truth and show us instead of ignoring decade upon decade of geographic and scientific research that proves, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the earth was much warmer previously and has always changed? Why do they use celebrities to sell us this nonsense, where is all the carbon tax money going, why all the lies all the time?? :dunno:

Really?  You don’t even understand the 100 year flood concept?

10 minutes ago, irv said:

87 days of smog: Southern California just saw its longest streak of bad air in decades

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-smog-streak-20180921-story.html  :news:

https://phys.org/news/2018-04-california-worst-air-pollution.html

Like I said, that is pollution, not MMGW. There is a difference between the 2 but you are incapable of seeing the difference. 

Are you being obtuse intentionally? It’s difficult to tell with deniers. 

His point was quite clear. The same people paid to deny mmgw were paid to fight car emmissions, CFC restrictions, air and water pollution plus argue cigarettes and asbestos weren’t harmful  

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Flat earthers BLA BLA BLA

It’s the same type of people.  They are so far down the rabbit hole of denial they can’t admit they were wrong. 

I haven’t seen it but my daughters fiancé was telling me about it. He said at the end you really felt sorry for the flat earth guys. 

10 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

Seems we’ve had a rash of riled up denier posts on here lately. 

Please watch the documentary film:  Merchants of Doubt

It’s available to rent on Amazon, VUDU, FandangoNOW, etc.

I promise it’s far more palatable than reading peer reviewed scientific research papers, but does an excellent job exposing the motives, tactics, and outright fabrications of those only seeking to misdirect you.  

have you done your part and stopped using all fossil fuels?

and farting?

didn't think so.

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Really?  You don’t even understand the 100 year flood concept?

No, please explain it to me. I'm all ears. :news:

4 minutes ago, irv said:

What's so funny is they do 1000 year flood analysis now. 100 year is obsolete..in 2015 we had a new Dam put on this Lake for the 1000 year flood..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, irv said:

100 year flood just means that there is a 1% chance of a flood of that magnitude each year.  Doesn't mean shit really.  We've had a 100 year rain where I live every 10 years since I was a kid.  One was a 500 year rain - got 7 inches in just over an hr.  This was in '98 I think.  :bc:

In '76 we got a 500 year ice storm - over 6 inches of freezing rain.  Yes, that did fuck up everything! LOL

Edited by SmeeAgain
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

How does cooling water to reuse it warm the earth?

Because the water is being heated up by 2800 btu tons of mechanical R22 Comfort cooling. You fucking retard.

• Haha 1

Climate change is a crisis urgent enough to demand immediate sacrifice from others, but not yet so urgent as to demand immediate sacrifice from oneself. Personally, I’ll believe it’s a crisis when the people who keep telling me a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis.  -Ace

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Because the water is being heated up by 2800 btu tons of mechanical R22 Comfort cooling. You fucking retard.

True, but he was only asking a question - I don’t think that was an attack on you.

Dang, that’s 33,600,000 btu/hr.  Plus you’re human.  Direct evidence a human warmed the globe :) 

Edited by XC.Morrison

14 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

True, but he was only asking a question - I don’t think that was an attack on you.

Dang, that’s 33,600,000 btu/hr.  Plus you’re human.  Direct evidence a human warmed the globe :) 

I’m originally from Peoria Heights, we could be kin folk?:lol:

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m originally from Peoria Heights, we could be kin folk?:lol:

Well I’m a transplant from Wisconsin originally, my family moved to Minnesota for a while and then on to the Germantown Hills area across the river from Peoria.  I ended up going to the UP for college  after a couple of years at ICC and then worked in Madison after college.  Moved back to the Bloomington area around 9 years ago and ended up marrying a girl I had originally met at ICC around 2000.  Kinda crazy right? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, irv said:

As below 1% chance of a flood happening in 100 years.  When you get these events happening several times in 10-15 years, it's time to worry.   When they exceed the 100 year flood plain, most people would stop and think.  Not you. Not your denying friends, most people 

8 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

What's so funny is they do 1000 year flood analysis now. 100 year is obsolete..in 2015 we had a new Dam put on this Lake for the 1000 year flood..

It makes sense doesn't it? when the 100 year flood is being surpassed, you'd be an idiot to build with the 100 year flood as a baseline. 

7 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

100 year flood just means that there is a 1% chance of a flood of that magnitude each year.  Doesn't mean shit really.  We've had a 100 year rain where I live every 10 years since I was a kid.  One was a 500 year rain - got 7 inches in just over an hr.  This was in '98 I think.  :bc:

In '76 we got a 500 year ice storm - over 6 inches of freezing rain.  Yes, that did fuck up everything! LOL

I doubt you had a 100 year flood every year when you were a kid. But they will be having them now. Enjoy. 

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I was thinking cooling tower in an industrial sense not for air conditioning.  People are such fucking pussies. Suck it up, find a shady tree. 

The world has too many snowflakes that are scared of melting. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

As below 1% chance of a flood happening in 100 years.  When you get these events happening several times in 10-15 years, it's time to worry.   When they exceed the 100 year flood plain, most people would stop and think.  Not you. Not your denying friends, most people 

It makes sense doesn't it? when the 100 year flood is being surpassed, you'd be an idiot to build with the 100 year flood as a baseline. 

I doubt you had a 100 year flood every year when you were a kid. But they will be having them now. Enjoy. 

Do you mind worrying for me, Kev? :dunno: I'm kinda of busy enjoying life and hoping tomorrow I finally get a Global Warming day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I was thinking cooling tower in an industrial sense not for air conditioning.  People are such fucking pussies. Suck it up, find a shady tree. 

There is no bigger snowflake than you. Liberals are all cucks. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

:lol:

What a fucking dipshit.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Do you mind worrying for me, Kev? :dunno: I'm kinda of busy enjoying life and hoping tomorrow I finally get a Global Warming day. 

I don't expect you to worry or understand.  You quoted three articles and didn't understand one of them.