Check your account email address ×

Required viewing for deniers

Seems we’ve had a rash of riled up denier posts on here lately. 

Please watch the documentary film:  Merchants of Doubt

It’s available to rent on Amazon, VUDU, FandangoNOW, etc.

I promise it’s far more palatable than reading peer reviewed scientific research papers, but does an excellent job exposing the motives, tactics, and outright fabrications of those only seeking to misdirect you.  

1 hour ago, XC.Morrison said:

I promise it’s far more palatable than reading peer reviewed scientific research papers, but does an excellent job exposing the motives, tactics, and outright fabrications of those only seeking to misdirect you.  

Who are you to call anyone a denier?? Did you ever stop to think that maybe the people the support the theory the man causes climate change are the ones that are the deniers? There are just as many “scientists” that disagree with the mmgw theory but you label them and people who disagree with you denies. Again who are you?? 

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Who are you to call anyone a denier?? Did you ever stop to think that maybe the people the support the theory the man causes climate change are the ones that are the deniers? There are just as many “scientists” that disagree with the mmgw theory but you label them and people who disagree with you denies. Again who are you?? 

I’m a truth seeker above all else.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

If it will show the deniers how and why they’ve been manipulated then they won’t go near it. 

You should have told them it proves that 97% of scientists conspired to agree on mmgw as part of a Chinese hoax. That the only thing stopping them are a plucky band of billionaires and oil tycoons. 

That’ll get them watching. It almost sounds like scooby doo so it’s a good fit for their intellect. 

24 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I’m a truth seeker above all else.  

No you’re not, you try to silence people who disagree with you by shaming them with the Denier label. That’s not a truth seeker

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

If it will show the deniers how and why they’ve been manipulated then they won’t go near it. 

You should have told them it proves that 97% of scientists conspired to agree on mmgw as part of a Chinese hoax. That the only thing stopping them are a plucky band of billionaires and oil tycoons. 

That’ll get them watching. It almost sounds like scooby doo so it’s a good fit for their intellect. 

I noticed you nicely ignored most of the posts detailing what a fraud Al Gore was, speaking of denial....and intellect.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Yeah, unfortunately they probably won't watch it because they are fearful of having their warm comfortable blanket of denial slowly pulled off of them.  I think you'd enjoy it though if you get some free time, check it out.

I always end up feeling like Morpheus when dealing with deniers:

"You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

52 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I noticed you nicely ignored most of the posts detailing what a fraud Al Gore was, speaking of denial....and intellect.

I challenged you point blank to compare his lies to Trump or Bush’s. You disappeared damn fast.  

I even found a right wing post for you. They were lame compared to Trump or Bush lies. 

15 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Yeah, unfortunately they probably won't watch it because they are fearful of having their warm comfortable blanket of denial slowly pulled off of them.  I think you'd enjoy it though if you get some free time, check it out.

I always end up feeling like Morpheus when dealing with deniers:

"You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

It’s probably why some millennials are so fucked up.  They understand science and how to differentiate between news sources. Knowing life will be shit in 30 years if we don’t make major changes makes it difficult to work toward a future. 

That’s one part of the issue. The other is that some are entitled wankers. 

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

No you’re not, you try to silence people who disagree with you by shaming them with the Denier label. That’s not a truth seeker

If you deny science, the title fits. 

Have you seen the Netflix show about flat earthers?

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s probably why some millennials are so fucked up.  They understand science and how to differentiate between news sources. Knowing life will be shit in 30 years if we don’t make major changes makes it difficult to work toward a future. 

That’s one part of the issue. The other is that some are entitled wankers. 

How old are you, Kev? If I had to guess, I'd say you're a millennial but I assume, by your post, your not?  When are these 30 yrs going to start? In 2050 or do you mean from this day forward? You do realize they have been saying this for decades now, don't you? :dunno:

11 minutes ago, irv said:

How old are you, Kev? If I had to guess, I'd say you're a millennial but I assume, by your post, your not?  When are these 30 yrs going to start? In 2050 or do you mean from this day forward? You do realize they have been saying this for decades now, don't you? :dunno:

No they have been saying if we keep going at the current rate there will be more frequent and violent storms, flooding forest fires etc.  Guess what? New York, Houston, Florida, The Carolina’s and New Orleans have all had 100 year floods since then. The Great Lakes are at record levels this year.  There are record breaking forest fires even though we have the best methods for detecting and fighting them. (You could try sweeping the forest but I don’t think that will work. )

This in spite of the fact that we have made improvements. Remember when Gore made those prediction all countries emissions were growing and India and China were growing. Their predictions would have included that. Clean tech slowed or stopped the increase for some countries.

If your doctor told you to lose 50lbs or you’ll be dead in 10 years. If you lost 30 and aren’t dead in 10 was the Dr wrong?

• Like 1

I

1 hour ago, irv said:

1 hour ago, irv said:

They have said the climate was changing in 1967..I was part of a Government study for a new mini Ice age coming in the near future..now it's warming.. FOLLOW THE MONEY!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Good post.  

Remember when people were denying cfc’s could affect the ozone layer?

Yes, and often they were the same paid merchants of doubt who said that smoking didn't cause cancer, or that second hand smoke was fine, or that the reason there were so many furniture fires wasn't caused by cigarettes - it was due to lack of flame retardant in furniture.  So then they championed these flame retardant chemicals that we also found out cause health issues. 

Edited by XC.Morrison
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

No they have been saying if we keep going at the current rate there will be more frequent and violent storms, flooding forest fires etc.  Guess what? New York, Houston, Florida, The Carolina’s and New Orleans have all had 100 year floods since then. The Great Lakes are at record levels this year.  There are record breaking forest fires even though we have the best methods for detecting and fighting them. (You could try sweeping the forest but I don’t think that will work. )

This in spite of the fact that we have made improvements. Remember when Gore made those prediction all countries emissions were growing and India and China were growing. Their predictions would have included that. Clean tech slowed or stopped the increase for some countries.

If your doctor told you to lose 50lbs or you’ll be dead in 10 years. If you lost 30 and aren’t dead in 10 was the Dr wrong?

That is all based on fear mongering and speculation to fool everyone. We have had forest fires, droughts, floods, etc, forever. Look it up. Also, since when does Mother Nature follow some sort of rules? Is she only suppose to allow these things every 100 years, and if so, who told her? 

It's great that we have cleaner air, etc, but that is not MMGW; that is pollution, which, I think, should have been the main focus all along instead of some concocted B.S. story that we are responsible for melting the icebergs, forest fires, floods and droughts. Do you think we are also responsible for earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and Tsunamis as well? 

This green movement has gone way too far! Pollution is one thing and MMGW is another. The green movement wants us to rely on solar and wind only but it has been proven time and time again, that is not feasible. Also, why is this movement all based on lies? Why not tell us the truth and show us instead of ignoring decade upon decade of geographic and scientific research that proves, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the earth was much warmer previously and has always changed? Why do they use celebrities to sell us this nonsense, where is all the carbon tax money going, why all the lies all the time?? :dunno:

LA Smog.jpg

Smog NY.jpg

Smog Normal.jpg

Smog Free Market.jpg

See, this is the type of shit that makes me laugh. :lol:Show some pictures that show some of their bad days and compare them with some that were likely taken on a weekend when the wind was in their favor. 

Bad air days on the rise: The nation's most polluted city is ...

California's reign as the U.S. state with the worst air pollution continues as Los Angeles is again the nation's smoggiest metro area, according to a report released Wednesday. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/24/air-pollution-smog-soot-worst-california/3551734002/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, irv said:

See, this is the type of shit that makes me laugh. :lol:Show some pictures that show some of their bad days and compare them with some that were likely taken on a weekend when the wind was in their favor. 

Bad air days on the rise: The nation's most polluted city is ...

California's reign as the U.S. state with the worst air pollution continues as Los Angeles is again the nation's smoggiest metro area, according to a report released Wednesday. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/24/air-pollution-smog-soot-worst-california/3551734002/

LA is 40% less smoggy today than it was in 1970 and that’s with twice as many cars.  It’s relative level of smog compared to other cites which have also benefited in air cleanliness in the time since the clean air act, etc.  is not really much of a gotcha.  But valiant effort of keeping that blanky snugged up tight!!

http://universityofsoutherncalifornia.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/j/26E3E190800B268A

Edited by XC.Morrison

LA is 40% less smoggy today than it was in 1970 and that’s with twice as many cars.  It’s relative level of smog compared to other cites which have also benefited in air cleanliness in the time since the clean air act, etc.  is not really much of a gotcha.  But valiant effort of keeping that blanky snugged up tight!!

http://universityofsoutherncalifornia.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/j/26E3E190800B268A

87 days of smog: Southern California just saw its longest streak of bad air in decades

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-smog-streak-20180921-story.html  :news:

https://phys.org/news/2018-04-california-worst-air-pollution.html

Like I said, that is pollution, not MMGW. There is a difference between the 2 but you are incapable of seeing the difference.