Check your account email address ×

Case Scenarios options.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

1990 -2000 was in a different century.

I really don’t think he understands that. 

In your opinion would dozens be 24 or more?

Because akiq and Ben seem to have a problem with that too. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

yes, it would be 24+

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I acknowledged that I misread your post saying "this century" yesterday.  Lets try to get past that.    There have been 23 deaths since 1990.  There have been dozens more maulings that did not result in death.  No one has been struck by lightening in AK in that same time period.  

In AK you are much more likely to be killed by a bear than struck by lightening.  

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Stupid motherfucker..

Sweet fuck

How many would you call dozens?

Generally a dozen is 12 

a couple of dozen is 24

a few dozen 36 and dozens would describe higher amounts. 

But giving your mathematically challenged friend the benefit of the doubt 24 is technically dozens. 

He can’t find 20 this century. 

Why would you ever think you could work out drive ratios?

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I acknowledged that I misread your post saying "this century" yesterday.  Lets try to get past that.    There have been 23 deaths since 1990.  There have been dozens more maulings that did not result in death.  No one has been struck by lightening in AK in that same time period.  

In AK you are much more likely to be killed by a bear than struck by lightening.  

Well that was my question. 

So I’m not sure why you want to pretend you were correct. 

You came up with less than 1 per year. I said more people die of lightning strikes in Florida. They average 6 per year. 

Being struck by lightning is very rare. But not as rare as being killed by a bear in Alaska. 

Mercan math skills suck. They sure as fuck won’t improve with Devos in charge. 

I pity you fools. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Moose kill more humans in America then any other animal, except humans.

Yeah moose are the alpha in the woods.

I was right behind him. I wasnt shittin my pants, but I wasnt feeling any joy either.

Just now, revkevsdi said:

You came up with less than 1 per year. I said more people die of lightning strikes in Florida. They average 6 per year. 

Being struck by lightning is very rare. But not as rare as being killed by a bear in Alaska. 

I pity you fools. 

I acknowledged that I was wrong yesterday.  Not pretending to be right now.  Only a fool would venture off into the Alaska Wilderness without a weapon.  3 of the 5 deaths last year were within a few miles of a city.  

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I pity you fools. 

I go to northern Ontario every other year or so. A bud owns a  fly in outfitter deal up there. They dont go into the bush without a shotgun.

But I guess everyone that works there is a pussy too.....even being nooks.

Edited by Legend

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

I go to northern Ontario every other year or so. A bud owns a  fly in outfitter deal up there. They dont go into the bush without a shotgun.

But I guess everyone that works there is a pussy too.....even being nooks.

I live in NW Ontario. When the wife used to like blueberry picking I ALWAYS had a loaded shotgun. Bad time for stumbling upon sows/cubs.

8 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yeah moose are the alpha in the woods.

I was right behind him. I wasnt shittin my pants, but I wasnt feeling any joy either.

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/dangerous-moose.htm

holy fuck. You are right. 

Wait until he hears about vending machines. He won’t be going to the 7/11 with an automatic weapon for protection. 

1 minute ago, HSR said:

I live in NW Ontario. When the wife used to like blueberry picking I ALWAYS had a loaded shotgun. Bad time for stumbling upon sows/cubs.

Better not let her hear you say that about her and the kids. 

Show some respect man. 

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I acknowledged that I was wrong yesterday.  Not pretending to be right now.  Only a fool would venture off into the Alaska Wilderness without a weapon.  3 of the 5 deaths last year were within a few miles of a city.  

The original poster didnt specify Alaska. 

This was a question about a bear charging. One of the resident dumbfucks thought they’d be an ass and call me out.

I answered from my experience. One buddy chased off a bear with a slingshot when he was hovering about his smoker. We laughed our asses off. 

We also chased off bears by making noise. A lot of time bears charge to test people. It would suck and be scary as fuck. 

But yeah I live in black bear country. I know one person whose wife was killed by a black bear and that was a complete fluke.

Just now, revkevsdi said:

This was a question about a bear charging. One of the resident dumbfucks thought they’d be an ass and call me out.

I answered from my experience. One buddy chased off a bear with a slingshot when he was hovering about his smoker. We laughed our asses off. 

We also chased off bears by making noise. A lot of time bears charge to test people. It would suck and be scary as fuck. 

But yeah I live in black bear country. I know one person whose wife was killed by a black bear and that was a complete fluke.

Kill yourself you stupid fucking half man

4 minutes ago, Legend said:

You are clearly a city dweller.

Nope. A nice town. But only a few bear have been sited here. I was on an 11 k hike in Quebec in the spring  and we came across a black bear. Neither of us killed the other. It was still cool though. 

32 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Nope. A nice town. But only a few bear have been sited here. I was on an 11 k hike in Quebec in the spring  and we came across a black bear. Neither of us killed the other. It was still cool though. 

I dont always wear a gun when Im in the woods either. I usually dont. But then again, the areas Im out in the most is black bear. There are no browns around here.  And black bear is really all a person has to worry about around here. But they are chased so heavily, they dont stick around when a human is near.

But out west, hell yeah Im going to wear a gun. Same with CA. Ive never been to AK, but I'm taking the family next summer. I'll have a shotgun with me. We are driving, so your laws in CA prevent us from taking a handgun.

15 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Great point. There aren’t any shark attacks in Ohio either. 

True.  It all comes down to protecting yourself based on where you are.  We have a condo on Hutchinson island in FL.  You don't see the sharks from the beach, but they're there!  100 yards from our condo is now noted as one of the best beach shark fishing locations in the world.  The fishermen go in the intracoastal and catch some rays.  They put them on a hook and use a kayak to take them off the beach a couple of hundred yards.  It's unbelievable the size and quantity of sharks they catch - tigers, hammerheads, bulls, just about every kind of shark you wouldn't want to see. They release them all, which is a good thing. My wife follows the Lady Stuart on Instagram or Facebook, it's a daily fishing boat that takes people out to fish off the bottom. This last winter, they had video of a great white around the boat! You could see our condo on the background of the shot! The Gulf Stream is only about 5 miles out from us, so the water is very warm.  It's very unusual to see white sharks in waters that warm.  Their population has really made a comeback after all the dumbasses killing themselves a "Jaws" after the movie in the '70's.  In the end, I'd be more worried about a bear in Alaska than sharks in Florida, even though I know the sharks are everywhere.  :bc:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

The Timothy Treadwell of FS... :lol: