Check your account email address ×

Case Scenarios options.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I have a black bear that cruises thru the yard a few times a yr. I have no desire to shoot him, or pet him.

Same.  I’ve had two until I put my fence up.  I could open the door and yell at them as they made off with one of the bird feeders.  Fuckers!

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Same.  I’ve had two until I put my fence up.  I could open the door and yell at them as they made off with one of the bird feeders.  Fuckers!

Yep, in the spring its severel walks in the woods looking for the feeders and then bending the sheapard poles upright again.

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You can keep his lie alive if that helps you remember him. 

It’s actually a fitting tribute. 

You mean like the lie you just posted about your hand pic?  Oh my.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The 44 without question.  Around here a 270 wouldnt even begin to slow a bear down. He would eat you while periodically licking his flesh wound if you hit him with a 270. 

Fools with bear whistles and bear spray get eaten here every year. Its hard to feel sorry for them any more. 

Cool story bro. 

It doesn’t really happen as often as you fear it does. Probably more mercans shoot themselves while hiking with their “bear protection”

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

You mean like the lie you just posted about your hand pic?  Oh my.

I don’t know where he got the photo or why he lied about it. But it gave you idiots hours of fun. 

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The 44 without question.  Around here a 270 wouldnt even begin to slow a bear down. He would eat you while periodically licking his flesh wound if you hit him with a 270. 

Fools with bear whistles and bear spray get eaten here every year. Its hard to feel sorry for them any more. 

If a .270 isnt going to slow the bear down you might as well just throw the .44 mag at it. I'd bet the .270 has better than double the energy and velocity of the best .44 mag rounds. 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If a .270 isnt going to slow the bear down you might as well just throw the .44 mag at it. I'd bet the .270 has better than double the energy and velocity of the best .44 mag rounds. 

In AK, some variation of large caliber revolver is strapped to your hip any time you go in the woods. Virtually no one here even owns a 270. 

A bear at 100 yds is no threat at all. They just walk away from you. Walking up on a bear and startling it within 20 yds could be fatal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

In AK, some variation of large caliber revolver is strapped to your hip any time you go in the woods. Virtually no one here even owns a 270. 

A bear at 100 yds is no threat at all. They just walk away from you. Walking up on a bear and startling it within 20 yds could be fatal. 

We would need much more specifics on bear proximaty etc before you could actually choose. I'd say if the bear was further than 30yrds and charging I'd take the shot with the .270 , I'm probably still going to die :lol:

If the bear was inside 30 yards and charging gimme the 44......I'm probably still going to die

id assume people carry a large sidearm because they dont want to lug around a long gun....not because the pistol is a superior deterrant. If engaged in an encounter and you have time and space to put a long gun on target it's going to do countless times more damage than almost every pistol round. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We would need much more specifics on bear proximaty etc before you could actually choose. I'd say if the bear was further than 30yrds and charging I'd take the shot with the .270 , I'm probably still going to die :lol:

If the bear was inside 30 yards and charging gimme the 44......I'm probably still going to die

id assume people carry a large sidearm because they dont want to lug around a long gun....not because the pistol is a superior deterrant. If engaged in an encounter and you have time and space to put a long gun on target it's going to do countless times more damage than almost every pistol round. 

All absolutely correct but you seldom see bear encounters at 100 yds. Bears pay almost no attention to you at that distance. They charge form 20-30 yards, not from 100. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why is it, when I read your gun type posts, I feel like you are going to be an accidental, self inflicted shooting victim sooner or later?

:lmao:

• Haha 2

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

All absolutely correct but you seldom see bear encounters at 100 yds. Bears pay almost no attention to you at that distance. They charge form 20-30 yards, not from 100. 

Ever shot a s&w 500 with a big rd in it?

I shot 5 440gr round and the amount of energy that bitch unleashed was fucking awesome 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Why is it, when I read your gun type posts, I feel like you are going to be an accidental, self inflicted shooting victim sooner or later?

:lmao:

Your from fucking Minnetonka you cake eating bitch. I've probably shot more in the last 3 years than you have lifetime

Just now, revkevsdi said:

What do you geniuses carry to ward off lightning strikes. You know since you are 10 times more likely to get hit by lightning than attacked by a bear. 

You're a fucking moron

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Ever shot a s&w 500 with a big rd in it?

I shot 5 440gr round and the amount of energy that bitch unleashed was fucking awesome 

Ive shot a .500 desert eagle. Not very much fun. A 454 Casull is a more practical round for a bear pistol. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

What do you geniuses carry to ward off lightning strikes. You know since you are 10 times more likely to get hit by lightning than attacked by a bear. 

Not in Alaska. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Ive shot a .500 desert eagle. Not very much fun. A 454 Casull is a more practical round for a bear pistol. 

They are a handful and expensive to shoot. I'd never own one....its basically a novelty 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I use a house.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Your from fucking Minnetonka you cake eating bitch. I've probably shot more in the last 3 years than you have lifetime

Anything is possible.....sort of.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You're a fucking moron

I don’t even know the point he is making here.  It’s clear his preferred option would be reincarnation as bear scat.

Just now, f7ben said:

You're a fucking moron

You know it would be funny if you died in a fire created by lightning that was attracted to the rifle you were carrying to protect yourself from A bear attack 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Anything is possible.....sort of.

I don’t even know the point he is making here.  It’s clear his preferred option would be reincarnation as bear scat.

The point is you’re a fucking moron to be scared of dying from a bear attack. Just like people who are scared to swim in any ocean because Of sharks. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

How many people were killed by bears in Alaska this century?

Dozens. And dozens more mauled. And dozens more bears killed during a hostile encounter with a prepared outdoorsman. . 

• Like 1