Check your account email address ×

Lil Al

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

I got a chance years ago to ride with one of the Unser kids on the track at Limerock.  You think you know what driving fast is until you get a few laps with a professional driver who does not care if he breaks the car.

You can get a similar experience riding with .7, just sans professional.  

• Haha 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

You can get a similar experience riding with .7, just sans professional.  

No name straight comes to a 90 degree turn going up hill to the bridge at Limerock. The Unser kid was sliding the car sideways in the straight at 90 or 100 so that the car was in a slide as it reached the corner and would achieve grip just as it reached the rumble stripe on the far side of the turn as it goes up the hill.  I bet he did a 100 laps that day in 3 or 4 different cars and he was able to pull off this stunt lap after lap. Pro drivers like that just play at a different level. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I got a chance years ago to ride with one of the Unser kids on the track at Limerock.  You think you know what driving fast is until you get a few laps with a professional driver who does not care if he breaks the car.

I have a good friend who lived in Albuquerque and there was a rumor that the Unser boys got some rental cars and had a unsanctioned race thru town. trashed those rentals out pretty bad. 

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I simply can't understand why America doesn't declare open warfare on drunk driving. Just can't figure it out. 

Ban Alcohol, problem solved!

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have a good friend who lived in Albuquerque and there was a rumor that the Unser boys got some rental cars and had a unsanctioned race thru town. trashed those rentals out pretty bad. 

They also liked riding sleds in restricted wilderness area's then claiming they were lost.  

Watched my old man trade highmarks with Al Sr. at Togwotee in spring of 84 on his Interceptor.   Sr. was on turbo 400 or 440 indy.  Both short tracks with small lugs (lower geared.....sorry had too).   They chatted awhile about sleds and clutching at the bottom of the hill.   Very cool.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Anler said:

The whole family was into snowmobiles as well. That would be a tough pack of sleds to keep up with I would think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The whole family was into snowmobiles as well. That would be a tough pack of sleds to keep up with I would think.

My buddy had a skidoo poster with Al in it. :lol: 

Found it!

F22982CF-EFC0-49BA-937E-FDA5151C8DF6.png

Edited by Edmo