Check your account email address ×

Shipping a car

22 minutes ago, Sael said:

I spent Saturday emailing different shipping companies looking for a price for shipping a pickup from Orlando to Vermont. The sale didn't happen but now the shipping companies won't leave me alone. The door to door price varied from $1200 to $1700 on an open transporter.

i must have 30 texts voice mails and calls since 8 last night.  

• Haha 1

I understand. my step Grandmother passed and although her two children are there , a lot falls to me to square away. its more time consuming than it should be but it is what it is.

my condolences to you and your family.    

Edited by old indy

2 minutes ago, old indy said:

I understand. my step Grandmother passed and although her two children are there is a lot falls to me to square away. its more time consuming than it should be but it is what it is.

my condolences to you and your family.    

i am just hoping there is a will to help speed things up.  i'd rather limit the lawyers fees.  if we can get her and her brother appointed executors i can get the condo on the market or decide to buy the brother out and rent it to the current tenants.  the both of them are a bit financially naive and were like lets just let the condo go so we don;t have to deal with that.  Fuck that even if the tenants have messed it up unless it's completely trashed i'll boot the tenants,  spruce it and sell it after buying the brother out.  

Let it go?  how can people even think this way. unfortunate no one has been appointed already.  as long as its not a total shithole community and the units not trashed badly it should be worth the effort. finding good help down there,,, wellllll,,  thats another story.   

Chris how bad is that drive.  I am thinking of having her leave it at DFW Sunday when she comes home,  fly down Thursday afternoon to DFW and meet her in Nashville Sat morning for the weekend put her on a plane home Monday am then drive it back the rest of the way from there.  if i bang it out Monday great if not until Tuesday no big deal.  With the weekend in Nashville it works out to the same money as shipping and i've always wanted to go there.    

Its not tooo bad.   its 27 hrs from Dallas to my place in MA.- Hopkinton for a reference point.  knoxville is about the halfway point. 13-15 hrs from there.  81 can sssssuck being two lanes but its a better route than 95 imo.  my pick up took 6 tanks of gas so a little car wont cost jack to drive up.

26 minutes ago, old indy said:

Its not tooo bad.   its 27 hrs from Dallas to my place in MA.- Hopkinton for a reference point.  knoxville is about the halfway point. 13-15 hrs from there.  81 can sssssuck being two lanes but its a better route than 95 imo.  my pick up took 6 tanks of gas so a little car wont cost jack to drive up.

We always use 81 instead of 95 when headed south. Fuck the big cities. I've never gotten though DC without having an issue. One time I knew what lanr I wanted to be in, but couldn't get there. We ende up at RFK stadium, LOL. .

turns out it's a sportage not a sorento so should be close to 30 mpg.  things a 2014 with 29k on it so i'll take it over selling it to carmax and having them make a few grand on the deal.  should be a decent car for him.  if the wife can't go to nashville i might have him come and do the drive with me.  

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

We always use 81 instead of 95 when headed south. Fuck the big cities. I've never gotten though DC without having an issue. One time I knew what lanr I wanted to be in, but couldn't get there. We ende up at RFK stadium, LOL. .

The truck driving ASSHOLES can make 81 a real pia blocking traffic for miles and miles.      I know the feeling,  going thru NYC years ago the traffic was all screwed up and i ended up getting funneled onto the Holland tunnel!!?? after going in circles a while i finally spotted a couple of beat cops walking along and asked them  " how to get back to 95......... neather one could tell me!??  they apparently had never left queens before.     lol

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

turns out it's a sportage not a sorento so should be close to 30 mpg.  things a 2014 with 29k on it so i'll take it over selling it to carmax and having them make a few grand on the deal.  should be a decent car for him.  if the wife can't go to nashville i might have him come and do the drive with me.  

Even with gas prices on the rise that wount be bad at all. i got 16-17 mpg and with a co pilot its not a bad run at all.  ive done it solo so many times now ive got the route down pat,, stops, where not to stay ect..

Edited by old indy

Just now, Angry ginger said:

and no doubt i would go 81,  looks like 40 right into 81 is the best route.  

yup 30 -40 -81  as i said tho the trucks on 81 will test your road rage level fer sure.

I know the feeling,  going thru NYC years ago the traffic was all screwed up and i ended up getting funneled onto the Holland tunnel!!?? after going in circles a while i finally spotted a couple of beat cops walking along and asked them  " how to get back to 95......... neather one could tell me!??  they apparently had never left queens before.     lol

Even with gas prices on the rise that wount be bad at all. i got 16-17 mpg and with a co pilot its not a bad run at all.  ive done it solo so many times now ive got the route down pat,, stops, where not to stay ect..

looks like the wife is out i forgot she was doing the girls dance banquet which they need to finish up that weekend.  

Going to fly the 26th with the boy into DFW in the afternoon prob drive till midnight then get up Monday morning and see how far we an make it.  wifes being a PIA about driving it and leaving it at DFW in the long term lot,  smh as dallas is not a confusing or hard city to drive in the highway takes you right around the city and it would be sunday afternoon.  she doesn't understand what a PIA it is to have to go to longview first.  rent a car and drop it at shreveport is the easiest and that 2 hundy and a couple extra hours for 15 minutes of her time this weekend.  but given her mom died i can't rally push it.  

Oh I hear you,  but I gotta admit Drivers around there do so so much stupid shit you really got to be on your toes. At least  The major portion of construction is done up on 183 and 635.  That’s been a mess for quite a few years now         I rented a car at DFW this last trip to save anybody else running around to pick me up and when I dropped it off at an off airport site the piece of shit tried to hit me with hail damage on the car. Sept it didn’t even rain never mind hail!?      I’ve had issues renting cars at DFW in the past so make sure you do a good walk around and photos of the vehicle you rent .  As if you didn’t know this,,,   Alamo tried to get me once before and this time it was enterprise   The only two times I’ve ever had issues renting a car both from the same facility. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

WTF. For a G note , just have the thing trucked to yer door , Jeffro. 

they are filling it with shit to come north and most of these companies want the car empty.  i don't mind a road trip got nothing better to do memorial day weekend as the wifes busy with dance shit.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

they are filling it with shit to come north and most of these companies want the car empty.  i don't mind a road trip got nothing better to do memorial day weekend as the wifes busy with dance shit.  

X2 , sadly :lol:        Though , 2 giant Gingers in a Kia Sportage with texas plates outta be good for a few laughs tho :lol:    

• Haha 1

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

X2 , sadly :lol:        Though , 2 giant Gingers in a Kia Sportage with texas plates outta be good for a few laughs tho :lol:    

fortunately for the boy he avoided the ginger curse outside the beard.  prob get pulled over and tosses in the pokey driving a dead ladies car.  

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, Angry ginger said:

i got quotes from a few freight brokers between 800 and a grand.  I could prob save some money taking the car to dallas where theres more movement as well and thats only 2 hours away if the family left down there will cooperate.  end of day if my kid gets a new car for a grand it is worth it, selling it there and rebuying up here would cost me more than that.  

fuck make the kid drive it home .