Check your account email address ×

China "broke the deal in trade war"

The orange bastid ego ain't worth the angst he brings to the American psyche.

His bragadociousness is unbearable. There's a lot good about him, but his fukkin demeanor is too irritating.

Why the fuck does he have his son in law and daughter working for him? 

I don't know, he just causes too much trouble with his big fukken mouth. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

His bragadociousness is unbearable. There's a lot good about him, but his fukkin demeanor is too irritating.

OH the irony

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

elect a clown....

he is good for his family finances  

Because he’s a fucking crook  

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer country  

Might be one of the few times I agreed with you. 

You’re still a racist, lying POS. But even a broken clock can be right twice per day. 

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Trump says he has something excellent :lol: the market whiplashes on his every word. Oh I'm sure he has the best most excellent plan ever :lol:

the last 2 years have sure proven he knows what he's doing-  fuck guys made tremendous deals bigly

I think its hilarious that the market reacts to everything Trump says unlike any POTUS previously.  :lol:  

My play account is down 4% this week.   Got some cash on the sidelines I'm about to throw in which will make for a nice 4% gain in a matter of days once things settle down like they did before.  

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the last 2 years have sure proven he knows what he's doing-  fuck guys made tremendous deals bigly

I admire him for taking on China and trying to make US manufacturing a cornerstone of the middle class again. Everything else hes done has been total shit

Stories on yahoo and elsewhere...China is here negotiating and while begging is too strong of a word, are asking us to meet them half way, they want a deal.  I think this is where Trump shines, he's using his leverage to squeeze concessions in the 11th hour.   

I predict this comes to a conclusion soon, the pull back here gives Wall St. a nice entry point for the next leg up.  He may not get everything, but he'll get most of it.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I think its hilarious that the market reacts to everything Trump says unlike any POTUS previously.  :lol:  

My play account is down 4% this week.   Got some cash on the sidelines I'm about to throw in which will make for a nice 4% gain in a matter of days once things settle down like they did before.  

If there is no deal you better wait another 6-10% before getting back in

Just now, F3600 said:

Stories on yahoo and elsewhere...China is here negotiating and while begging is too strong of a word, are asking us to meet them half way, they want a deal.  I think this is where Trump shines, he's using his leverage to squeeze concessions in the 11th hour.   

I predict this comes to a conclusion soon, the pull back here gives Wall St. a nice entry point for the next leg up.  He may not get everything, but he'll get most of it.

how has that negotiating skill worked with iran, north korea and mexico to this point.  

• Like 1

NK and Iran are nuclear deals.  I don't think we have the leverage in those negotiations, the best we can do is sanction and stall.  Eventually we lose those and they get Nukes, yay for them.

Mexico - didn't he just win a 9th circuit ruling that is sending illegals back and being kept in Mexico?  There will be more to come on Mexico I think.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If there is no deal you better wait another 6-10% before getting back in

Therein lies the risk.   If you're not in and a deal suddenly breaks it will go up faster than you can buy back in.  

The flinching the market is doing gets old.   So much set for automatic sale if it drops a couple percent then automatic buyback once it hits certain lows.   Why for most of my investments I don't look at them on a daily or even weekly basis.   I'm in them for another 10-15 years before I go safe.  

About 10% of my stock portfolio is what I play with more aggressively.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Therein lies the risk.   If you're not in and a deal suddenly breaks it will go up faster than you can buy back in.  

The flinching the market is doing gets old.   So much set for automatic sale if it drops a couple percent then automatic buyback once it hits certain lows.   Why for most of my investments I don't look at them on a daily or even weekly basis.   I'm in them for another 10-15 years before I go safe.  

About 10% of my stock portfolio is what I play with more aggressively.  

Yup....its tough to gauge this current market. Here's the reality though.

Upside vs Downside

There is about a 2-3% upside here as the market had all this trade shit priced in. There is a 6-? Downside.....

I'll take the downside gain

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup....its tough to gauge this current market. Here's the reality though.

Upside vs Downside

There is about a 2-3% upside here as the market had all this trade shit priced in. There is a 6-? Downside.....

I'll take the downside gain

If you are looking at the market as a whole.   There is more upside than that with the correct investments.   Same for the downside but that's what its all about.  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

as most of us should be

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

how has that negotiating skill worked with iran, north korea and mexico to this point.  

In all fairness he has taken on issues that others wouldn’t touch or had zero success with as well. His style is definitely different. We’ll see if he gets anywhere...

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

as most of us should be

Most should be in index/mutual funds for the long term.  

Edited by Highmark