Check your account email address ×

High Winds + High Water= This

• Platinum Contributing Member

I haven't looked for any numbers about Lake Michigan water levels but damn she seems a little high...couple that with a seemingly large number of high wind days lately and you get this. Haven't seen it like this in quite some time. 

Also found the last patch of snow on the local ski hill.IMG_4724.thumb.JPG.c258e53ba74cb7b8c59c98d93bc2161e.JPGIMG_4725.thumb.JPG.7fa522b88188f5c4cb4ceeb92b00612c.JPG

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Anyone in particular?  :dunno: 

I'll take them....I'm like the big black guy in the Green Mile. I can feast on all of the hate here and turn it into pure goodness!!!!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'll take them....I'm like the big black guy in the Green Mile. I can feast on all of the hate here and turn it into pure goodness!!!!

Ummm, I don't post hate so I can't help ya there.  

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Lake Michigan is up 4’ from normal. 10 years ago it was down 5’ and it was caused by global warming. All of the green tax has brought the water back.

See, it's working miracles already.  :bc: 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Lake Michigan is up 4’ from normal. 10 years ago it was down 5’ and it was caused by global warming. All of the green tax has brought the water back.

:lol:

Yup better do something or we'll have no water.

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

:lmao:

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I was looking at places back in the 80’s and saw all the sandbags piled up and freaked out a bit. Didn't want to deal with that. Then a few years later was so low you couldn’t get your boat to the dock. Now it’s brimming again. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I was looking at places back in the 80’s and saw all the sandbags piled up and freaked out a bit. Didn't want to deal with that. Then a few years later was so low you couldn’t get your boat to the dock. Now it’s brimming again. 

Same with Georgian Bay.

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Vegas is doing ok.  Cali needs the water.  

They have been trying to get that water for years. Canada and eight US states had to form a pact to prevent it. :bc:https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/04/10/great-lakes-water-piped-southwest-our-future-says-nasa-scientist/100301326/

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They have been trying to get that water for years. Canada and eight US states had to form a pact to prevent it. :bc:https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/04/10/great-lakes-water-piped-southwest-our-future-says-nasa-scientist/100301326/

Yea it's just crazy how those cities in the southwest think they can grow and grow with no clear source for additional water.  The exact number fluctuates daily but SoCal gets between 3.5 million and 5 million gallons of water daily from Lake Havasu.  This is done via mutual agreement and several state laws between Cali and Arizona.  This is actually good news for Lake Havasu but bad news for Lake Mead and other lakes on the Colorado River Drainage.  Because of these agreements the level of Lake Havasu has to be maintained within a specific margin.  That margin keeps Havasu at a very specific level while Lake Mead and other lakes can fluctuate multiple feet daily and +/- 50' annually and hundreds of feet over a decade.  

Lake Havasu has benefited greatly by this water sharing agreement between Cali and Arizona.  

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I haven't looked for any numbers about Lake Michigan water levels but damn she seems a little high...couple that with a seemingly large number of high wind days lately and you get this. Haven't seen it like this in quite some time. 

Also found the last patch of snow on the local ski hill.IMG_4724.thumb.JPG.c258e53ba74cb7b8c59c98d93bc2161e.JPGIMG_4725.thumb.JPG.7fa522b88188f5c4cb4ceeb92b00612c.JPG

Looks nice out your way Jim,..we were shaping up pretty good for spring, but this weekend has sucked, snowed yesterday, cloudy, cold,  and overcast for the next 5 days..grrrrrr