Check your account email address ×

The reefers

I've been talking to people about this alot lately. One of my buddies went to a recreational state and shipped back a bunch of weed products. Buds, extracts, edibles, etc... I'm not really a full timer on this stuff but the variety of products have made it fun again.

As I try alot of this stuff I form different opinions. He bought a shitload of edibles. I know I shared my experience with that sucker from last year but I have tried numerous other since then. I don't really like them. I don't like the feeling I get and it makes me wonder if this stuff is really weed or some other chemicals. I get a ringing in my ears and a headache almost every time. And it lasts a lot longer than if you smoke. 

The vape cartridges say stuff like 70% thc. Which sounds like a lot. But I don't really get sacked out from those. They seem rather mild in comparison to the high thc buds you can get which are only 20-30% thc. But they are Uber convenient and don't stink so I like them. 

The various kinds of buds are amazing and these are my preferred products for consumption. I don't really like the strains that knock you down and turn you into a couch potato. I like the sativa strains that are a bit more uplifting. The strain he gave me is called dutchberry and it is a sativa hybrid that has 8% CBD and 27% thc. I'ma tell u wut, this stuff is fucking great! I feel awesome on this shit. 

Just curious what others experiences and preferences are. @ckf I didn't put this in the reefers forum because I don't know if everybody follows that one but if you feel it should be moved there then by all means. 

What I get is all organic, and I see it grown from baby to bud.

Different is definitely different. From punch, to taste, to smoothness....

Been the past few weeks with Blue Berry, and got a Raspberry Kush. Much smoother but a tad less potent. Both very nice.

With it being legal, I don't dabble in edibles or vapes.

Edited by Snake

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

What I get is all organic, and I see it grown from baby to bud.

Different is definitely different. From punch, to taste, to smoothness....

Been the past few weeks with Blue Berry, and got a Raspberry Kush. Much smoother but a tad less potent. Both very nice.

With it being legal, I don't dabble in edibles or vapes.

Do you have a favorite? 

You do seem to get much higher with edibles and there is a scientific reason for this.

Legal in Canada has been good but really the supply in Ontario sucks ass hairs..  Our new government really fucked this up but there is a massive amount of grey area supply which has been great,  Never bought POT so cheap before,  floating around 120$ an ounce 

got a vape pen = like it would buy again

got hash = not too bad quality and was 10 a gram same price 30 years ago

got given 4 cookie free = different buzz but was enjoyable with tons of beers

got some chocolates = okay should have bought the stronger ones

one thing I noticed is the edibles tasted good unlike the ones I have tried that friends made themselves 

LEGAL IS GREAT

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

I've been talking to people about this alot lately. One of my buddies went to a recreational state and shipped back a bunch of weed products. Buds, extracts, edibles, etc... I'm not really a full timer on this stuff but the variety of products have made it fun again.

As I try alot of this stuff I form different opinions. He bought a shitload of edibles. I know I shared my experience with that sucker from last year but I have tried numerous other since then. I don't really like them. I don't like the feeling I get and it makes me wonder if this stuff is really weed or some other chemicals. I get a ringing in my ears and a headache almost every time. And it lasts a lot longer than if you smoke. 

The vape cartridges say stuff like 70% thc. Which sounds like a lot. But I don't really get sacked out from those. They seem rather mild in comparison to the high thc buds you can get which are only 20-30% thc. But they are Uber convenient and don't stink so I like them. 

The various kinds of buds are amazing and these are my preferred products for consumption. I don't really like the strains that knock you down and turn you into a couch potato. I like the sativa strains that are a bit more uplifting. The strain he gave me is called dutchberry and it is a sativa hybrid that has 8% CBD and 27% thc. I'ma tell u wut, this stuff is fucking great! I feel awesome on this shit. 

Just curious what others experiences and preferences are. @ckf I didn't put this in the reefers forum because I don't know if everybody follows that one but if you feel it should be moved there then by all means. 

Alls I know, is that shit you guys smoked knocked your dick in the dirt at the cabin. One joint lasted you guys two days. I really wish I didn’t get tested at work. I would rather smoke a little pot here and there and not drink much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Alls I know, is that shit you guys smoked knocked your dick in the dirt at the cabin. One joint lasted you guys two days. I really wish I didn’t get tested at work. I would rather smoke a little pot here and there and not drink much.

That should be illegal 

very rare in Canada to be tested for any job ( transport drivers to the usa have to be tested) 

It is really amazing how much Booze has harmed and how little pot has yet you are tested 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yeah that shit was retarded. I was completely checked out for about 30 minutes and then it was all good.  :lol:

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

That should be illegal 

very rare in Canada to be tested for any job ( transport drivers to the usa have to be tested) 

It is really amazing how much Booze has harmed and how little pot has yet you are tested 

It’s very common in the states. My son is moving from Iowa to Co this weekend. He got a entry level position with a eco restoration firm. He was told he would be drug tested on his first day. The company bids on Fed work,and you can’t bid that work,unless you have a testing policy in place. Once the feds figure out how to tax it, watch all of this testing go bye bye.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

It’s very common in the states. My son is moving from Iowa to Co this weekend. He got a entry level position with a eco restoration firm. He was told he would be drug tested on his first day. The company bids on Fed work,and you can’t bid that work,unless you have a testing policy in place. Once the feds figure out how to tax it, watch all of this testing go bye bye.

Drug testing is all about insurance and nothing to do with the laws. I doubt it will ever go away.

• Like 2

Just now, Woodtick said:

It will never leave the USA as its a control measure workplaces use against their employees - holding your health plan insurance as bait 

MONEY TALKS

Its actually against the law here for regular work - Since testing for pot can't tell whether is was today your a week ago its irrelevant here....

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Drug testing is all about insurance and nothing to do with the laws. I doubt it will ever go away.

You are correct about that and workman’s comp. I had a minor injury on a Job site in Fla and was forced to go to the ER by the boss. After I was treated,I had to take a drug test at the hospital. Not my bosses rules, State of Fla workmen’s comp rule. I piss clean but thought it was nuts. If I refuse to piss, the workmen’s comp carrier dosnt have to pay the bill per the State of Fla law. It’s all about the money. 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

The low level CBD products are mostly responsible for the large increase in ER and mental health facility admissions. 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

I like the edibles, but I don't take them to get high. I like to take just enough to feel a very light body buzz. It really helps with aches and pains. When I want to get high I take a few hits off of a bowl or a joint. Anyway, I just posted a tutorial on how I make gummies over in the Lounge. My best guess is they have about 20mg of THC in the gummy and 100mg in the coin sized candy. One coin works well for me and doesn't get me "high" yet a small gummy had my MIL rolling for 6-8 hours last weekend. Everyone is different with edibles. Start off small and work your way up to what yopou find works best for you.

As for smoking, I prefer a joint. The oil vapes are good for convenience when out and about, or you are looking to be discrete. I've been able to try a lot of different strains thanks to the new autos and I like something that has at least 50%-60% Sativa for daytime. Our current choice for daytime is Northern Cheese Haze which is a 50/50 hybrid.  For evenings, the heavier the indica the better.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

The Blue Berry has been my favorite all along.

Always been one of my favorites too.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

I totally forgot we have a weed forum here 🤣🤣

I'm going to go read it

We would welcome your involvement over there.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The low level CBD products are mostly responsible for the large increase in ER and mental health facility admissions. 

Why? What's up?

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Why? What's up?

THC9 creates high levels of anxiety in some people. Especially those prone to panic and anxiety. CBD mimics the effects of SSRI medications like Prozac and celexa by reducing the reuptake of serotonin. So in theory, CBD counteracts the side effects of THC9. This is no doubt an over simplistic explanation. Cannabis is a very complex material with over 400 various compounds. There may be more at work here, but what I described is in line with what’s going on. 

The vets and trauma clients I see with ptsd prefer 20% CBD rich weed or highly refined CBD oil for symptom relief. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Anler said:

IM not an edible fan. Like you , I had my bad experience but also like you. I just don't like the high as much. 

As far as bud I like both. A sativa is nice when doing yardwork and such. But at night when I hit the couch I enjoy a nice indica. 

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

IM not an edible fan. Like you , I had my bad experience but also like you. I just don't like the high as much. 

As far as bud I like both. A sativa is nice when doing yardwork and such. But at night when I hit the couch I enjoy a nice indica. 

Cannabis is converted into 11-OH-THC through a metabolic process in the liver when it’s eaten. It’s a substance that doesn’t naturally occur in the plant. It’s a compound that’s 5 times more psychoactive that THC9. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I also like smoking better because if the shit hits the fan and you need to go somewhere , eat a Sammy and a ring ding and in 10 minutes Im sober as a judge. With edibles I cant eat myself straight.

Yep. Those edibles have not been consistent for me. I'm not a fan. 

I also prefer the joint, I can still roll em like a pro too. 

58 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

How so?