Check your account email address ×

Charlotte fatal shooting.

2 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Sounds like you guys are a bunch of experts even though you’ve never been in a split second critical situation like this.

Maybe if police jobs paid better or agencies didn’t have to go through the equal opportunity/minority BS, they could be more selective when they hire. But it seems like nowadays they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

$1,200 a week plus overtime?

2 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Sounds like you guys are a bunch of experts even though you’ve never been in a split second critical situation like this.

Maybe if police jobs paid better or agencies didn’t have to go through the equal opportunity/minority BS, they could be more selective when they hire. But it seems like nowadays they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

No one is holding a gun to their head. They chose their job. 

I know a cop that retires next month. Age 50 and $6000/mo retirement. I’m not knocking that. 50 is a long time to work in that type of environment. Most police officers are well paid. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

She never gave him a chance.  If he had grabbed the gun in the manner in which he was gripping it to fire it would be a bit different.   That picture is from her body cam.   Its clear she should have been able to recognize how it was being held or retrieved.   She was screaming drop the gun.   He was trying to in a very non threatening manner and she killed him for following stupid orders.  

Finger was on the hammer I think but how do you know if that cocks it or takes safety off or what in a second or 2 ? I don't even know who he was going to shoot, the woman in the passenger seat doesn't seem to upset about it. Somebody is cryin but she talks just fine. The time it takes for him to NOT DROP THE GUN gets longer every time I watch it. I dunno, certainly not a mortal self defense shooting but sumthin ain't right there.

It also says the call was for him threatening people with a gun, the assumption then is he has a gun and pulling the gun (or a 2nd gun?) out n up was a bad decision. 

Edited by Tinker

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Finger was on the hammer I think but how do you know if that cocks it or takes safety off or what in a second or 2 ? I don't even know who he was going to shoot, the woman in the passenger seat doesn't seem to upset about it. Somebody is cryin but she talks just fine. The time it takes for him to NOT DROP THE GUN gets longer every time I watch it. I dunno, certainly not a mortal self defense shooting but sumthin ain't right there.

It also says the call was for him threatening people with a gun, the assumption then is he has a gun and pulling the gun (or a 2nd gun?) out n up was a bad decision. 

Finger on the hammer?   The barrel was pointed towards him and remember they kept screaming drop the gun.  Without question I wish he would have said something to extent its in my pocket what should I do?   I defend cops when I see or feel they acted in a justified manner.   I don't see that here.   Don't give commands then kill a guy for doing it.   That's just fucking plain wrong.  This isn't all that far off killing that kid in the hotel hall.    

https://nypost.com/2017/12/08/ex-cop-acquitted-in-fatal-shooting-of-unarmed-man-at-hotel/

danquirs_franklin_vid_4_gun_crop_0.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Highmark said:

Finger on the hammer?   The barrel was pointed towards him and remember they kept screaming drop the gun.  Without question I wish he would have said something to extent its in my pocket what should I do?   I defend cops when I see or feel they acted in a justified manner.   I don't see that here.   Don't give commands then kill a guy for doing it.   That's just fucking plain wrong.  This isn't all that far off killing that kid in the hotel hall.    

https://nypost.com/2017/12/08/ex-cop-acquitted-in-fatal-shooting-of-unarmed-man-at-hotel/

danquirs_franklin_vid_4_gun_crop_0.jpg

That's what I see. It's his right hand, thumb is above the trigger and index finger on the hammer.

25 minutes ago, SSFB said:

That is so fucked up. :wtf:

Totally.

That was one of the most difficult things ive watched in a long time. I kept thinking, what if that were my son or even me that the cop was playing god with. 

I wonder what lead up to that scene. Or what happened after. Nothing I can think of could cause a cop to act like that. 

Wow. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Totally.

That was one of the most difficult things ive watched in a long time. I kept thinking, what if that were my son or even me that the cop was playing god with. 

I wonder what lead up to that scene. Or what happened after. Nothing I can think of could cause a cop to act like that. 

Wow. 

Really, really bad.  It was the link I posted above.   So wrong how that officer handled that situation from the commands to shooting the kid.   You have to be a retard not to see that kid was scared to death.  

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Really, really bad.  It was the link I posted above.   So wrong how that officer handled that situation from the commands to shooting the kid.   You have to be a retard not to see that kid was scared to death.  

I didnt read the article. I need to. I was quite disturbed by the video. That was so uncomfortable to watch. 

What happen to the rest of the video from the cops camera. What did the kid do to get shot. 

So so sad. 

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I didnt read the article. I need to. I was quite disturbed by the video. That was so uncomfortable to watch. 

What happen to the rest of the video from the cops camera. What did the kid do to get shot. 

So so sad. 

Actually the cop screaming at him was not the officer that fired the shots.   One has to wonder how much his over zealous demeanor contributed.   Either way both cops were wrong and the one should have been found guilty.   All over a pellet gun he used for his job in pest control. 

According to a police report, Daniel Leetin Shaver, a 26-year-old pest control worker and resident of Granbury, Texas, had been staying at a Mesa La Quinta Inn & Suites on business.[4] He invited two acquaintances, Monique Portillo and Luis Nunez, to his room for drinks. There he showed them a scoped air rifle he was using to exterminate birds inside grocery stores. At one point the gun was pointed outside his fifth-floor window, prompting a witness to notify the hotel receptionist; the police were immediately called.[3][5]

Nunez left the hotel room shortly before police arrived. When police arrived at the hotel, they ordered Shaver and Portillo to exit the room. Six officers in the hotel corridor pointed weapons at them and gave them orders for several minutes with frequent admonitions that failing to comply with them would get them shot.[6] Portillo was taken into custody unharmed.[7]

Police Sergeant Charles Langley then ordered Shaver, who was laying prone, to cross his legs. Moments later, he ordered Shaver to push himself "up to a kneeling position." While complying with the order to kneel, Shaver uncrossed his legs and Langley shouted that Shaver needed to keep his legs crossed. Startled, Shaver then put his hands behind his back and was again warned by Langley to keep his hands in the air. Langley yelled at Shaver that if he deviated from police instructions again, they would shoot him. Sergeant Langley told Shaver not to put his hands down for any reason. Shaver said "Please don't shoot me". Upon being instructed to crawl, Shaver put his hands down and crawled on all fours. While crawling towards the officers, Shaver paused and moved his right hand towards his waistband. Officer Philip Brailsford, who later testified he believed that Shaver was reaching for a weapon, then opened fire with his AR-15 rifle, striking Shaver five times and killing him almost instantly. Shaver was unarmed, and may have been attempting to prevent his shorts from slipping down.[8][9][10][11] An autopsy report found that Shaver was intoxicated, with a blood-alcohol level over three times the legal driving limit.[12][13]

Edited by Highmark

19 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Unavailable to view in our Country

I'll give you the cliff notes version.

Person reports someone in a hotel room with a rifle.

Cops show up in full tac gear.

Start screaming at 2 people.   First lady crawls forward and is taken into custody.

Second person (man) is trembling and crying trying to follow orders while he is being screamed at that they will kill him while pointing multiple assault rifles at him.

Instead of simply having him lie down and take him into custody there they continue to scream orders at him to crawl forward.   And when I say scream I mean scream.

He tries to pull up his loose shorts while crawling and they kill him.   

Dude wasn't armed and had a pellet gun in his room that he used in his job in pest control.  

Edited by Highmark

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'll give you the cliff notes version.

Person reports someone in a hotel room with a rifle.

Cops show up in full tac gear.

Start screaming at 2 people.   First lady crawls forward and is taken into custody.

Second person (man) is trembling and crying trying to follow orders while he is being screamed at that they will kill him while pointing multiple assault rifles at him.

Instead of simply having him lie down and take him into custody there they continue to scream orders at him to crawl forward.   And when I say scream I mean scream.

He tries to pull up his loose shorts while crawling and they kill him.   

Dude wasn't armed and had a pellet gun in his room that he used in his job in pest control.  

It was one of the more disturbing scenes I have seen in a while.  Those cops were just itchin to pull the trigger on that poor kid.  He was begging for his life. 

The cop was eventually fired for other violations and not making the grade.

I hope the Mesa PD gets the holy fuck sued out of themselves over this.  

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It was one of the more disturbing scenes I have seen in a while.  Those cops were just itchin to pull the trigger on that poor kid.  He was begging for his life. 

The cop was eventually fired for other violations and not making the grade.

I hope the Mesa PD gets the holy fuck sued out of themselves over this.  

They are however that will never bring that kids life back.  

Just now, Highmark said:

They are however that will never bring that kids life back.  

Oh for sure.  It might change department tactics and training though.  A future life could be spared.  

Who knows though.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Oh for sure.  It might change department tactics and training though.  A future life could be spared.  

Who knows though.  

One has to think there was a bit of time between the call and when officers came to the room considering how they were dressed in tactical gear.   Why wouldn't a call be placed first to the room and simply talk to them to access the situation.   Bare minimum that could have eased some fear on the officers part.   No laws had been broken by the victim that I can see.  Instead they approach the situation acting like threat level 10 and acting fucking crazy.   

I don't deny officers have to be careful and deserve every bit as anyone to go home to their family but this was handled in such a fucked up manner its not funny and a person lost their life over it.