Check your account email address ×

More Than $32 Billion Being Invested in Appalachian Basin Pipelines.

This infusion of capital will result in roughly 3,500 miles of new, repurposed or replaced pipelines across Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia and generate more than 124,000 jobs.

The Appalachian Basin is projected to produce roughly 31.6 billion cubic feet per day (bcf/d) of natural gas in March, according to the Energy Information Administration. The bulk of this extensive and much-needed regional infrastructure build-out is focused on expanding take-away capacity, enabling the Marcellus and Utica shale gas produced here to be used not only within the tri-state but across the country and even globally.

EID’s new infographic shows construction of all proposed pipelines will add nearly 23 bcf/d of natural gas pipeline take-away capacity. That’s enough room to move nearly 72 percent of the natural gas produced in the region.

https://www.energyindepth.org/infographic-more-than-32-billion-being-invested-appalachian-basin-pipelines/

Those are jobs a President Hillary Clinton would have almost certainly tried to kill, and most (all?) Democrats running for 2020 would, too. You can safely assume that fact won’t be lost on President Trump as he gears up for reelection.

I drove from ElPaso to San antonio last week. The work going on in the Permian Basin is unreal. Ive never seen so many drilling and stimulation rigs in my life. 3 huge pipelines headed to the gulf coast being built right now. 

Unreal

• Like 1

What a load of shit, there are pipeline and pipeline crews all over our area have been for years. There is a large NG fired generation plant just finishing up about 20 miles from my house, another plant off RT. 84 in NY.  They all started before Trump was even running.  

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

What a load of shit, there are pipeline and pipeline crews all over our area have been for years. There is a large NG fired generation plant just finishing up about 20 miles from my house, another plant off RT. 84 in NY.  They all started before Trump was even running.  

My BIL and nephew work for the pipeline in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Have been working there about 10 years now. They have had a little economic boom for their area because of that. Before that the only gigs in that area were coal mines, logging, Social Security disability and welfare. 80% were on SSDI and welfare. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

My BIL and nephew work for the pipeline in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Have been working there about 10 years now. They have had a little economic boom for their area because of that. Before that the only gigs in that area were coal mines, logging, Social Security disability and welfare. 80% were on SSDI and welfare. 

I'm in NEPA,  a new HP main was run about 5 years ago it runs less than1/8 mile from my house, my Nieces husband left a good job and got a great job with a large company that has compressor stations.  The only talk where Trump is helping is lowering pollution standards and trying to make eminent domain easier for the gas companies.

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

West Virginia is like going back in time. Great place to camp, hike, and paddle the rivers. Not much economic activity.

23 minutes ago, Edmo said:

West Virginia is like going back in time. Great place to camp, hike, and paddle the rivers. Not much economic activity.

Yep, its beautiful country but depressed as hell. Heroin has ripped thru there pretty hard the last several years. Fuckers are stealing everything that isnt nailed down and some stuff that is. 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Yep, its beautiful country but depressed as hell. Heroin has ripped thru there pretty hard the last several years. Fuckers are stealing everything that isnt nailed down and some stuff that is. 

I thought coal was coming back? 

49 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I thought coal was coming back? 

I dont know, there are only a finite amount of coal jobs there and i dont know anyone working in those. Coal mining is a shitty job. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I dont know, there are only a finite amount of coal jobs there and i dont know anyone working in those. Coal mining is a shitty job. 

Trump bought the vote over there by promising coal’s comeback. Did he lie? 

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Trump bought the vote over there by promising coal’s comeback. Did he lie? 

well a lot of the natural gas fracking is being done in the coal fields now days .  

and they are also making  Coal  gas in hillbilly country. it is a flammable gaseous fuel made from coal and supplied to the user via a piped distribution system. It is produced when coal is heated strongly in the absence of air.

Edited by Ez ryder

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well a lot of the natural gas fracking is being done in the coal fields now days .  

and they are also making  Coal  gas in hillbilly country. it is a flammable gaseous fuel made from coal and supplied to the user via a piped distribution system. It is produced when coal is heated strongly in the absence of air.

Well then. All those coal miners are back to work.