Check your account email address ×

The Boston Marathon Bomber deserves to vote

7 hours ago, Snake said:

Sanders is just using the same slippery slope analogy that the NRA uses.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Why should a US citizen not be allowed to vote? :news: 

On the surface it sounds crazy to let someone in the pen vote, but when you see more and more restictive voting going on as Bernie pointed out with NH......you can kind of see that slippery slope.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/n-h-makes-it-tougher-students-vote-democrats-call-it-n892906

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Sanders is just using the same slippery slope analogy that the NRA uses.

On the surface it sounds crazy to let someone in the pen vote, but when you see more and more restictive voting going on as Bernie pointed out with NH......you can kind of see that slippery slope.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/n-h-makes-it-tougher-students-vote-democrats-call-it-n892906

no child should be voting where they go to college they should be absentee voting at home unless they make a permanent move.  If every vote counted it would be immaterial for the presidential part (still would be an issue for state elections) but right now the kids voting here for convenience can change results and would not surprise me that without those voters we would have seen a different casting of our EC votes in recent elections.    

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no child should be voting where they go to college they should be absentee voting at home unless they make a permanent move.  If every vote counted it would be immaterial for the presidential part (still would be an issue for state elections) but right now the kids voting here for convenience can change results and would not surprise me that without those voters we would have seen a different casting of our EC votes in recent elections.    

Wow,

I was thinking the same thing after reading the article.  They should be voting where they consider their permanent residence.  Easy.

The founders never envisioned that a citizen could have their voting rights removed for a million different minor indiscretions.....the criminal justice system has gotten completely out of control 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The founders never envisioned that a citizen could have their voting rights removed for a million different minor indiscretions.....the criminal justice system has gotten completely out of control 

Which state does this?

How many people are incarcerated for felony drug possession??

:pc:

As of January 2019, Iowa and Kentucky are the only two states with lifetime voting bans for felons, regardless of the crime committed.[20]

How many people are incarcerated for felony drug possession??

Before or after they found out felony drug possession was against the law?

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Before or after they found out felony drug possession was against the law?

It shouldn't be any reason to lose your voting rights or be incarcerated. Kill yourself you bootlicking faggot.

Possession of 1.5 oz of marijuana is a felony where I live. I suppose that just makes you rock hard

I'm all for reinstatement of certain rights once your time is completed (time served and parole) for certain crimes even felonies.   I do not agree to allow voting from prison.  

It shouldn't be any reason to lose your voting rights or be incarcerated. Kill yourself you bootlicking faggot.

Possession of 1.5 oz of marijuana is a felony where I live. I suppose that just makes you rock hard

The issue that should be taken up first is removing possession of pot as a crime.  Then wiping it off peoples records as long as no violence was involved.  

Just now, Highmark said:

I'm all for reinstatement of certain rights once your time is completed (time served and parole) for certain crimes even felonies.   I do not agree to allow voting from prison.  

We have more people incarcerated in the US than the rest of the world combined. Fuck cops and fuck your bootlicking ass. Pigshit sister fucker

Just now, Highmark said:

The issue that should be taken up first is removing possession of pot as a crime.  Then wiping it off peoples records as long as no violence was involved.  

Of course.....but it will take 3 lifetimes to reverse all the insane laws in this country. How about we just let everyone vote and call it a day

We have more people incarcerated in the US than the rest of the world combined. Fuck cops and fuck your bootlicking ass. Pigshit sister fucker

Sister fucker?   :lol:   Family lines crossed?  :pc:

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Show me in the constitution where it says they shouldn't get a vote

Dumbfucks

Translation, I support whatever Bernie wants. I'm the ultimate hypocrite as I chastise everyone else for blindly supporting party lines 

Of course.....but it will take 3 lifetimes to reverse all the insane laws in this country. How about we just let everyone vote and call it a day

Each state has it's own rules.   

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Translation, I support whatever Bernie wants. I'm the ultimate hypocrite as I chastise everyone else for blindly supporting party lines 

Hey retard. I'm not a Bernie supporter and I actually think for myself unlike you. That would be why my ideals fall across all political spectrums and yours are in perfect lockstep with the mindless propaganda you pack in your empty skull.....fucking idiot

25 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Wow,

I was thinking the same thing after reading the article.  They should be voting where they consider their permanent residence.  Easy.

if one looks at the overall voting then isolates the towns where there are a large presence of out of state college students it is clear the votes are effected.  Clearly I expect a college town to vote liberal but when it's out of state liberals swaying a close race it's unfair to the citizens of this state.  My son goes to school at UNH and still votes in our home town 25 minutes away as it's a different county therefore he should vote for those offices at home.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well maby these fine upstanding citizens should think of ALL the consequences before they break that law. Ain't bootlicking. I sure ain't going to commit a felony, regardless the voting aspect.

No that don't make me hard at all. The 2.5oz in my basement does though...