Check your account email address ×

MSNBC reporter under fire for claiming Obama's Paris climate change agreement is designed to STOP storms like Matthew

MSNBC reporter under fire for claiming Obama's Paris climate change agreement is designed to STOP storms like Matthew

By Dailymail.com Reporter 10:09 EST 06 Oct 2016, updated 16:49 EST 06 Oct 2016

392ABD2200000578-0-image-a-41_1475766605
  • MSNBC reporter Ron Allen said the Paris climate change agreement is 'designed to stop' storms like Hurricane Matthew
  • While more frequent and stronger storms have been connected to global warming, it's unclear whether human action can stop them
  • The comments sent right-wingers into a frenzy on Twitter 
  • 'Another liberal "journalist" completely devoid of reality,' one wrote

An MSNBC reporter was bashed online on Wednesday, when he claimed on air that the new Paris climate change agreement would stop storms like Hurricane Matthew.

Ron Allen was reporting from the White House, where President Obama spoke to the media about the agreement being ratified by the required number of nations.

When President Obama wrapped up his speech, Allen started speaking and tied the agreement to the current hurricane barreling towards Florida. 

Scroll down for video 

MSNBC reporter Ron Allen said the Paris climate change deal was 'designed' to stop storms like Hurricane Matthew MSNBC reporter Ron Allen said the Paris climate change deal was 'designed' to stop storms like Hurricane Matthew

'It’s very interesting that this is happening on a day when there’s a hurricane bearing down on the United States and in the Caribbean because these severe storms, beach erosions, intense weather episodes that we’ve had is perhaps the most practical sample of what the president was talking about as the threat that the planet faces,' Allen said. 

He went on to say that the agreement, which encourages nations to reduce their carbon emissions, 'is designed to stop' storms like Hurricane Matthew. 

While the frequency and strength of hurricanes has been linked to global warming, scientists have not suggested that weather can be controlled by human action. 

The comment sent Twitter users into a frenzy, ridiculing Allen for making the assumption that humans could change weather The comment sent Twitter users into a frenzy, ridiculing Allen for making the assumption that humans could change weather 3929F6AD00000578-3825296-image-a-26_1475   3929F6B300000578-3825296-image-a-27_1475   3929F6B900000578-3825296-image-a-28_1475   3929F6BD00000578-3825296-image-a-29_1475   3929F6C100000578-3825296-image-a-30_1475   3929F6C500000578-3825296-image-a-31_1475   3929F6C900000578-3825296-image-a-32_1475  

And many right wingers who oppose the climate change agreement found Allen's assumption that the deal would stop hurricanes ridiculous. 

'NBC's Ron Allen says Obama's climate change scam is designed to stop hurricanes? Another liberal "journalist" completely devoid of reality,' Twitter account @SetUSAFree wrote.  

'Gotta love groupie journalists who praise a Con-Mander-in-Chief for taking control of the planet's weather system #wakeup,' Twitter user @marbisme wrote.   

Haiti after the hurricane: At least 69 people killed in the Caribbean as thousands of homes are destroyed by Matthew

• Gold Member

Wonder if the guy know or if he was even off the tit when the last major hurricane hit the US over a decade ago.

Hope the destruction is huge to line my union brothers pocket on the rebuild effort.  This obama economy is sucking for many of my union brothers.

I was wondering why the left was pumping out headlines...........Rush and right wingers think hurricanes are media conspiracies. :lmao:

Talked to my cousin in Ft. Lauderdale area, they had minimal damage.  His neighbor was telling him " you need to vote for Clinton, keep this from happening".

Mathew aside, I'm sick of these week long media  hysterics about the storms of the century, around here.

Anymore, I make sure I have gas & beer, and laugh at these people clearing the shelves, going nuts, like they will be stranded in their homes for months.

99% of the time we get a couple inches or a dusting and they spend the next two days talking about how "we dodged the bullet".

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I was wondering why the left was pumping out headlines...........Rush and right wingers think hurricanes are media conspiracies. :lmao:

Talked to my cousin in Ft. Lauderdale area, they had minimal damage.  His neighbor was telling him " you need to vote for Clinton, keep this from happening".

Mathew aside, I'm sick of these week long media  hysterics about the storms of the century, around here.

Anymore, I make sure I have gas & beer, and laugh at these people clearing the shelves, going nuts, like they will be stranded in their homes for months.

99% of the time we get a couple inches or a dusting and they spend the next two days talking about how "we dodged the bullet".

Never heard Rush or most of the right say anything of the sort.

Been less Hurricanes since the whole MMCC thing erupted.   

Whats really sad is people are afraid of having their homes looted by scumbags so they stay in the path of deadly storms.   Reality is they are somewhat right that scum take advantage of these situations.   

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Never heard Rush or most of the right say anything of the sort.

Been less Hurricanes since the whole MMCC thing erupted.   

Once you read past the sensational headline, like most hack pieces, it is conjecture to get their side riled up.

It plays well for those who need constant reassurance of how stupid the other side is.

22 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Once you read past the sensational headline, like most hack pieces, it is conjecture to get their side riled up.

It plays well for those who need constant reassurance of how stupid the other side is.

How does the right try and rile up their base on Hurricanes other than simply saying MMCC is a scam?

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

How does the right try and rile up their base on Hurricanes other than simply saying MMCC is a scam?

Not sure we are on the same page.

The left was commenting on Rush and his followers .

The reality of what he was saying was .....Clinton, media are using the hurricane to further their political agenda, MMCC

Left interpretation.........Rush and his followers think hurricanes are conspiracies and don't really exist.

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

Not sure we are on the same page.

The left was commenting on Rush and his followers .

The reality of what he was saying was .....Clinton, media are using the hurricane to further their political agenda, MMCC

Left interpretation.........Rush and his followers think hurricanes are conspiracies and don't really exist.

Oic and agree.