Check your account email address ×

American Billionaires Call for Higher Taxes on Themselves

Just now, Snoslinger said:

no comments about trump's promise, or just more deflecting?

No comments.  No deflecting either.  Do you find it sort of funny you are the first to complain about "deflecting questions" in here when it's like pulling teeth to get you to answer simple "Y or N" questions in here?  TDS is funny to me.

Just now, Zambroski said:

No comments.  No deflecting either.  Do you find it sort of funny you are the first to complain about "deflecting questions" in here when it's like pulling teeth to get you to answer simple "Y or N" questions in here?  TDS is funny to me.

wtf? i probably answer more questions that anyone else. are you confusing me with someone else? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s an interesting article...read it, don’t read it...no skin off my ass.

And no different than the other dozen or so articles I've read the last 10 years talking about the same thing.

You have to find it slightly interesting that these guys all call for this AFTER they've made their millions or billions.

I'll give them credit, some of them walk the walk with their philanthropic efforts.

You guys get all bent out of shape when someone is against taxing the uber wealthy without comprehending the reason.   I don't do it to protect them, I do it because I don't want govt getting larger and more powerful.   PERIOD.   I couldn't give a rats ass about Buffett or Gates or Dalio.   

Also note what Dalio said. 

Among the fixes, Dalio floated raising “more from the top via taxes that would be engineered to not have disruptive effects on productivity.” He also advocated for public-private partnerships, and in a CBS “60 Minutes” interview that aired Sunday, supported raising taxes on the wealthy. But the important thing “is to take those tax dollars and make them productive,” Dalio told CBS.

Edited by Highmark

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Why can't we simplify the tax code and have reasonable taxes for everyone?

TBH whats truly unreasonable about our taxes now.  I paid less than 15% in income taxes last year after deductions and would be considered upper middle class.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

TBH whats truly unreasonable about our taxes now.  I paid less than 15% in income taxes last year after deductions and would be considered upper middle class.  

Now add in all the other taxes.  

Seriously.   Add it all up then tell the class what your total ETR is. 

25396080_10215355337779536_6004246304373181620_n_720.jpg

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

service taxes are the most fair taxes out there.  which outside state income and property taxes most of those listed are.  

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just stop paying them, problem solved!

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

service taxes are the most fair taxes out there.  which outside state income and property taxes most of those listed are.  

They are the most regressive by far.  :pc:  

Just take fed (including FICA), state, property and sales and check your ETR.  Mine creep up on 50% and are way, way above that on income I actually bring home and not keep in the business.  

I will say I love how this year's returns panned out.   Thanks Trump!   

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Just take fed (including FICA), state, property and sales and check your ETR.  Mine creep up on 50% and are way, way above that on income I actually bring home and not keep in the business.  

self employed having to pay the other half of the SS and medicare pay a higher rate for sure.  All in mine won't exceed 25% but i live in a state with no sales or income tax

19 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

self employed having to pay the other half of the SS and medicare pay a higher rate for sure.  All in mine won't exceed 25% but i live in a state with no sales or income tax

So you pay 15% in fed, 15.3% FICA, have no property taxes and still are only at 25%?   Seems unlikely.  

https://www.nh.gov/transparentnh/where-the-money-comes-from/

unrestricted-revenue-bar.png

Edited by Highmark

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Why should anyone have to pay someone who has to be qualified to prepare their taxes? It could definitely be simplified. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why should anyone have to pay someone who has to be qualified to prepare their taxes? It could definitely be simplified. 

for business owners it will always be complex.  theres general 0 reason for anyone to pay someone to do their taxes.  the new simplified taxes starting in 18 should really put a hurting on HR block and turbo tax since most won;t even need to itemize.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

for business owners it will always be complex.  theres general 0 reason for anyone to pay someone to do their taxes.  the new simplified taxes starting in 18 should really put a hurting on HR block and turbo tax since most won;t even need to itemize.  

Perhaps for individuals but my taxes are rather complicated. I dont fuck around with that stuff. 

6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

You oughtta' know about choking cock, you're the KING OF COCK CHOKERS!!

ANLER SUCKS THEM DEEP!!

Nah , you the king of the dong!!!!

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

X2. 

12 hours ago, Anler said:

Deflection!

"Most unequal developed nation."

Got to love the UN discussing US tax policy.  :lol:  

"It is patently ridiculous for the United Nations to examine poverty in America," Haley said in a letter to Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Thursday.

There is so much here to pick apart but its just not worth it.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

"Most unequal developed nation."

Got to love the UN discussing US tax policy.  :lol:  

There is so much here to pick apart but its just not worth it.  

The United Nations = Elite World Government Council (self proclaimed).

They can fuck right off.