Check your account email address ×

Why millions of people are getting hit with a surprise tax bill this year

Just now, DAVE said:

I said this a year and a half ago.

Seems to me it’s more about the narrative. No way those evil corps are going to pass any of that money to the employees. They’re just going to line their pockets!!!!!11111

Just now, Edmo said:

Seems to me it’s more about the narrative. No way those evil corps are going to pass any of that money to the employees. They’re just going to line their pockets!!!!!11111

Yes...thats all it is with slinger with anything.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I just gave you an example of one. Choose to ignore it if you will. :news: I’m putting my kids thru college because of trickle down, and you say it doesn’t exist. Ok then. 

I find it rather comical you’re not touting your own case, and instead using someone else’s. That speaks volumes dude. If your case was in your favor you’d be talking about it 

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

Slinger: bonuses and wages haven’t changed in lieu of all the corporate tax breaks 

spedmo: you don’t get bonuses or wages?

You are wrong.  Wage growth is up.  What do you attribute that to?

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Who is they? You’re also in the minority. Chances are you’d have received that bonus anyway. Also, where was the excitement when the bonus was 25%? You dipshits crack me up. 

Oh now minority majority matters?  Double standards much?

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Let me fill you in on a little secret spedmo. Employers are going to do the bare minimum to retain employees. Handing them massive tax breaks isn’t going to do jack shit for the workers. Just like the extra wealthy. How you can constantly get peed on and believe it’s trickling down honey is comical. Gullibility at its finest 

Oh so wage growth going up for the first time in years has no correlation to the tax break.  Are you on the dnc payroll or something, because Inhavent heard anything so dumb in a while.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I honestly feel you have absolutely no working clockwork in your head concerning business management.

He’s unbelievable.  Cato institute has proven that most lower and middle class taxpayers got a tax break.  But he’ll drone on for hours because not everyone got one.   And he is obviously not management material, based on his posting history here.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Yeah that’s pretty much the case. You’ve been shown examples and facts. You can’t even talk about your own case :lol:

Just now, DriftBusta said:

You are wrong.  Wage growth is up.  What do you attribute that to?

Oh now minority majority matters?  Double standards much?

Oh so wage growth going up for the first time in years has no correlation to the tax break.  Are you on the dnc payroll or something, because Inhavent heard anything so dumb in a while.

He’s unbelievable.  Cato institute has proven that most lower and middle class taxpayers got a tax break.  But he’ll drone on for hours because not everyone got one.   And he is obviously not management material, based on his posting history here.

Wage growth is up the same as it is was before. Now if you want to get all excited about a .1% increase, counting inflation to boot, by all means.....

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Wage growth is up the same as it is was before. Now if you want to get all excited about a .1% increase, counting inflation to boot, by all means.....

Wrong again.  Wage growth tended down from 16 to 17 and has been up steadily since 17.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:50 AM, Snoslinger said:

you are still dumb, but more grumpy lately. if you live in a more expensive area, you will likely have a higher mortgage, higher taxes, etc. therefore the deduction would be higher. but now there is a cap on some of these claims, so some people will have to pay in more taxes than previously. ask your buddy ginger to explain it to you. :lol:

so the so called rich will have to pay a little more ? is that not your gole 

let's call it incentive not to drag out debt for 30 yrs . or better yet not overextend on a mortgage you need 30 yrs to pay . 

Edited by Ez ryder

19 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I find it rather comical you’re not touting your own case, and instead using someone else’s. That speaks volumes dude. If your case was in your favor you’d be talking about it 

I was talking about the wife. I told you that last time when I said her bonus went up and you didn’t believe me. What does it matter? It’s just an example.

44 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Wrong again.  Wage growth tended down from 16 to 17 and has been up steadily since 17.

If we’re talking “real” wages instead of nominal......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/patrickwwatson/2018/09/25/real-wage-growth-is-actually-falling/amp/

14 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I could tell you about the all day meeting I sat in on Wednesday, hosted by an actual economist discussing the economy and markets but most here would think it’s funny or laugh at me.  One of the tables in your link shows that I am correct and the other two tables in your link show wages for only hourly and non supervisory employees not the overall labor market.   Further I could Google links all day long that would support my case just as you could probably do the same.  Inflation remains low, as shown by no interest rate increase at the last fed meeting.  It still blows me away all the spin and excuse making you guys will do this shit on Trump and his tax cut. It has helped the majority of the middle-class by keeping more of their money instead of giving it to the government.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I could tell you about the all day meeting I sat in on Wednesday, hosted by an actual economist discussing the economy and markets but most here would think it’s funny or laugh at me.  One of the tables in your link shows that I am correct and the other two tables in your link show wages for only hourly and non supervisory employees not the overall labor market.   Further I could Google links all day long that would support my case just as you could probably do the same.  Inflation remains low, as shown by no interest rate increase at the last fed meeting.  It still blows me away all the spin and excuse making you guys will do this shit on Trump and his tax cut. It has helped the majority of the middle-class by keeping more of their money instead of giving it to the government.

So a devout conservative such as yourself is ok with adding huge debt now? 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

So a devout conservative such as yourself is ok with adding huge debt now? 

When the taxes were higher we still spent too much and accumulated huge debt. 

Do you see where the real problem is MC?