Check your account email address ×

Why millions of people are getting hit with a surprise tax bill this year

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Cheap area? What the fuck is that all about?  You are so full of shit. How does increasing the standard deduction $10,000 and lowering the marginal rate two percentage points for most middle-class tax payers result in higher taxes? Answer:  it doesn’t.  Now be sure and give us the dogeared talking point about this being a bad time to lower peoples taxes, because I’m not sure I’ve ever heard anything that’s dumber.

you are still dumb, but more grumpy lately. if you live in a more expensive area, you will likely have a higher mortgage, higher taxes, etc. therefore the deduction would be higher. but now there is a cap on some of these claims, so some people will have to pay in more taxes than previously. ask your buddy ginger to explain it to you. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

you are still dumb, but more grumpy lately. if you live in a more expensive area, you will likely have a higher mortgage, higher taxes, etc. therefore the deduction would be higher. but now there is a cap on some of these claims, so some people will have to pay in more taxes than previously. ask your buddy ginger to explain it to you. :lol:

The fact remains the majority of the lower and middle class got a tax break,  and I don’t need you or some second rate mortgage broker explain it to me, or worse, make it sound like it was a bad thing.  Keyword:  majority.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, I get that.  But the caps are still high.  Bottom line, middle class get more money on their paychecks.  You can spin it in whatever negative way you want.

many in the middle class are not making out better. the wealthy and corporations are though! i mean thhey're the ones who needed it, right? it's all going to trickle down one of these days! :handjob:

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The fact remains the majority of the lower and middle class got a tax break,  and I don’t need you or some second rate mortgage broker explain it to me, or worse, make it sound like it was a bad thing.  Keyword:  majority.

so i'm not full of shit then....

many in the middle class are not making out better. the wealthy and corporations are though! i mean thhey're the ones who needed it, right? it's all going to trickle down one of these days! :handjob:

Give it a rest...or direct your liberal quackery toward somewhere else or I'm gonna give you a good spanking!   :lol: 

Image result for spank gif

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

What if the company is doing so well that they increase bonuses and payouts? Would that be considered trickle down?

:news: 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

What if the company is doing so well that they increase bonuses and payouts? Would that be considered trickle down?

As would expansion.  But...let's all deny what the economy is doing right now....it's more fun to be a sad sacking pessimist with no hope.

49 minutes ago, Edmo said:

your gullibility has no bounds. funny how you, and most other trumpsters, can never see this stuff for yourself. most of you are either naive, or lying, when you say the corporate tax reforms gave you significant pay and bonus increases....

"The new data allows us to examine nonproduction bonuses in the first three quarters of 2018 to assess the trends in bonuses in absolute dollars and as a share of compensation. The bottom line is that there has been very little increase in private sector compensation or W-2 wages since the end of 2017. The $0.02 per hour (inflation-adjusted) bump in bonuses between December 2017 and September 2018 is very small. Nonproduction bonuses as a share of total compensation grew from 2.73 percent in December 2017 to 2.78 percent in September 2018, an imperceptible growth. Moreover, whatever growth in bonuses has taken place is not necessarily attributable to the tax cuts, rather than employer efforts to recruit workers in a continued low unemployment environment."

https://www.epi.org/blog/bonuses-are-up-0-02-since-the-gop-tax-cuts-passed/

Edited by Snoslinger

Slinger - So you're company doesn’t give bonuses, profit sharing, stocks, options? None of that?

How do they keep people from leaving?

And the fact that company is paying less in taxes has no bearing on their financial performance?

:lol: 

Edited by Edmo

21 hours ago, Edmo said:

Slinger - So you're company doesn’t give bonuses, profit sharing, stocks, options? None of that?

How do they keep people from leaving?

And the fact that company is paying less in taxes has no bearing on their financial performance?

:lol:Where did I state that ya damn simpleton?  Way to miss the point!

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:Where did I state that ya damn simpleton?  Way to miss the point!

Slinger: companies raking in the dough and are getting all the benefits from the new tax laws.

Edmo: And a lot of them are passing that along in the form of bonuses and profit sharing.

Slinger: No. it’s because the economy is good and they want to reward employees. Nothing to do with tax cuts. 

?????

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Slinger: bonuses and wages haven’t changed in lieu of all the corporate tax breaks 

spedmo: you don’t get bonuses or wages?

Oh but they have changed, they bumped the bonus up from 25% of salary to 30%. And it was stated that this was because of the tax cuts. Also they’re paying out 150 % this year because the company did so well. 

Deny all you want, I’ll enjoy the fat check.

:bc: 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Oh but they have changed, they bumped the bonus up from 25% of salary to 30%. And it was stated that this was because of the tax cuts. Also they’re paying out 150 % this year because the company did so well. 

Deny all you want, I’ll enjoy the fat check.

:bc: 

Who is they? You’re also in the minority. Chances are you’d have received that bonus anyway. Also, where was the excitement when the bonus was 25%? You dipshits crack me up. 

Sales are actually down a bit this year but profit went up. Hmmmm....couldn’t have any thing to do with those evil corps bennifitting the most from these cuts. You know, the thing you’ve been shouting from the rooftop since day 1.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Who is they? You’re also in the minority. Chances are you’d have received that bonus anyway. Also, where was the excitement when the bonus was 25%? You dipshits crack me up. 

I’m just using a company I’m aware of as an example. 25% of salary is a pretty good bonus, and pretty standard when you get to a certain level.

Let me fill you in on a little secret spedmo. Employers are going to do the bare minimum to retain employees. Handing them massive tax breaks isn’t going to do jack shit for the workers. Just like the extra wealthy. How you can constantly get peed on and believe it’s trickling down honey is comical. Gullibility at its finest 

Edited by Snoslinger

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’m just using a company I’m aware of as an example. 25% of salary is a pretty good bonus, and pretty standard when you get to a certain level.

so what about your company? I don’t know of one person that got a raise or bonus that was any higher than the usual trends over the years. Including myself. Which matches the fact sheet I provided above. 

so what about your company? I don’t know of one person that got a raise or bonus that was any higher than the usual trends over the years. Including myself. Which matches the fact sheet I provided above. 

I just gave you an example of one. Choose to ignore it if you will. :news: I’m putting my kids thru college because of trickle down, and you say it doesn’t exist. Ok then. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

My guys got a 25% increase in Bonus last year and another 25% increase this year.  :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I honestly feel you have absolutely no working clockwork in your head concerning business management.

• Like 1